An unexpected error occured whilst trying to install

Hmmm ive just tried to install Diablo 3 and this is the error I get after accepting the t&c's anybody else having this problem?

I'd go to the tech forums and ask for help. They're more likely to fix your problem there.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/

I had that the first time actually. But I pressed activate diablo 3 and closed the web browser. then it started installing for some reason. I hope this doesn't mean I wont be able to play. Because I should be able to seeing as I got AP.

I had that the first time actually. But I pressed activate diablo 3 and closed the web browser. then it started installing for some reason. I hope this doesn't mean I wont be able to play. Because I should be able to seeing as I got AP.
    You'll be fine

figured out how to fix it panic over

Quote Originally Posted by fragga View Post
    figured out how to fix it panic over
    Could you mind sharing how? I've got the same problem.

Would you be so kind as to inform us of the fix?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine was doing the same and I just kept trying and it's finally installing =]
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

15+ Year Old Account
    Same problem here, so how to fix it?
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

To fix this problem, I just put the setup.exe file back into the folder it was and then it started downloading

The way I fixed it was because I had been clicking the wrong installer.

I was trying c:/diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer/Diablo 3 setup.exe

But i noticed if I clicked the diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer was another folder named an diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer and in that there was Diablo 3 setup.exe which worked fine for me. Not sure if this was just cause I'd downloaded the installer etc about 3 weeks ago and then just the other day ran that EU patch thing that we needed to do.

In short try c:/diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer/diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer/Diablo 3 setup.exe

Deleted
    Check out the US D3 technical support forums, as they're most likely the best place for you to get information on any errors you might be getting. Here's the link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/

Theres no real solution to the problem you're facing. You're connected to a server while installing, and right now, millions are installing the game from the same server. EU and US. So theres the reason I belive.

Quote Originally Posted by fragga View Post
    The way I fixed it was because I had been clicking the wrong installer.

I was trying c:/diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer/Diablo 3 setup.exe

But i noticed if I clicked the diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer was another folder named an diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer and in that there was Diablo 3 setup.exe which worked fine for me. Not sure if this was just cause I'd downloaded the installer etc about 3 weeks ago and then just the other day ran that EU patch thing that we needed to do.

In short try c:/diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer/diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer/Diablo 3 setup.exe
    You simply chose wrong folder and redownloaded whole game again, instead of 50 MB fixed installer. :P

I found my fix. It turns out the default downloader/installer is the GB version, by downloading the setup US version, it immediately started and worked fine.

Odd.

Deleted
    Had the same problem.
    version before today is buggy so you have to download the client again OR start the downloader again where diablo-III-8370-enGB lies he will check all data up to the buggy ones that will be downloaded @ the end.
    Have fun installing afterwards xD

I had the same problem, found out when I originally downloaded the installer it had defaulted to the enGB installer, which is for euro. Had to download the enUS installer from battle.net, ran that, fixed my problem. Hope this helps.

I just had the same problem and fixed it by doing this:

If you have installed the Diablo III beta at any point and intend to install Diablo III, please make sure that all Diablo III beta files are removed from your system prior to installing the full game.

This includes the Battle.net folder, which can be found in the following locations:

[WINDOWS XP]
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net

[WINDOWS VISTA/7]
    C:\ProgramData\Battle.net

MAC
    /Users/Shared/Battle.net
    After doing that, go to: us.battle.net/account/download/#d3 (i dont have enough posts to link, sorry) and re-download the launcher program (small). You then point it to the same path as where you already have diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer (or enUS, if that's what you have)- The blizzard launcher will then check the files, and I assume fix them. This takes around 10 minutes, after that it will run the setup and you should be able to install your game again.
    Last edited by Rolock; 2012-05-14 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    Had the same problem.
    version before today is buggy so you have to download the client again OR start the downloader again where diablo-III-8370-enGB lies he will check all data up to the buggy ones that will be downloaded @ the end.
    Have fun installing afterwards xD
    Thanks, this helped me.