Lightbulb Ability to purchase LFR gear from a vendor NPC in MoP?

I would like to buy LFR or even Tier 11-13 items in MoP without needing tokens. Just using Justice Points or whatever the new version of Justice Points are. While I understand you may want to keep people raiding in the old content for tokens for the regular difficulty tier, I am uncertain whether the LFR version of the raid will continue to be accessible.

I believe the LFR version of DS will go away in MoP making all of that gear unattainable.

I like the way a lot of gear looks from LFR and I would like to be able to buy it and re-use it for transmogrification purposes.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I say yes... and no.

Yes, that sounds plausible.

No, it should not be the current tier. You can buy the previous (or twice-previous) tier set, but not the current.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

and what makes you think lfr of ds is going away?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAinCA View Post
    and what makes you think lfr of ds is going away?
    I think what bombhaus means is that less people will be doing DS LFR once they start hitting the new raids so the wait time would increase and for impatient people this can be frustrating so the ability to "buy" the gear from tokens is the easy way out.

Here is my assumption. When MoP comes out, the current tier of gear will be tier 14 to begin with. The first MoP LFR will be some MoP raid that will award toned-down epics and LFR tier 14 tokens. I would also assume that as it isn't current anymore, DS LFR will no longer be available, along with the gear from DS LFR being gone forever. I would just like to buy this (now useless) gear from a vendor for Justice Points. Obviously it would only be visual items, it wouldn't need to sell rings/neck/trinkets for example.

---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I think what bombhaus means is that less people will be doing DS LFR once they start hitting the new raids so the wait time would increase and for impatient people this can be frustrating so the ability to "buy" the gear from tokens is the easy way out.
    Level 90 greens/blues are probably going to blow away the gear in LFR DS so I don't see it being very popular or even available as a raid in MoP.

---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 02:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I say yes... and no.

Yes, that sounds plausible.

No, it should not be the current tier. You can buy the previous (or twice-previous) tier set, but not the current.

Exactly, once tier 14 (level 90) is current I would like to be able to buy up to tier 13 (level 85) including shoulders/helm without needed tokens from a raid. At a bare minimum I would like to buy the LFR versions and the belts/shoes from LFR for transmogrification purposes. It would be great if I could buy everything from the previous tiers for Transmog including the raid weapons etc. I wouldn't mind at all even if the stats were completely nerf-bat to like +1 str +1 stam just for the purposes of Transmog. I raid and get content down often, but I'm never lucky enough to win the gear that I want, so this would be an ideal solution for an unlucky person like myself.