Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    As anyone noticed that you can't pull the camera out as far as in GW1?
    I believe it was tagged as design decision to facilitate the "feel" of combat. Unfortunately that obviously happens at cost of combat coherence.

Deleted
    i'm ok with not zooming out quite as much (maybe they can allow for 1-2 more meters), but not being able to zoom in to first person bugs me a lot, specially indoors

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phjillee View Post
    I agree with you on the camera. It feels like it's too slow when turning around, and lags behind. I'm more used to the WoW camera style where it stays exactly behind your character at all times, for example when you're turning your char by holding the right mouse button. In GW2 the camera doesn't stay in the same place (behind the character) when making a sharp turn using the right mouse button. It's kind of hard to explain, but I hope I got my message across.
    Good, I am feeling exactly the same - lag/clumsy/awkward camera and/or controls. I have used to Age of conan camera/character controlling but I have played many other mmos too. Good that I was not just imagining this (btw, playing human character in gw2 - perhaps I will check another ones later to compare).
    Last edited by mmocff55b2555a; 2012-08-25 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    I really honestly have no idea what are you talking about. Both camera and moving feels incredibly fluid on par if not better than WoW. There is not even a slightest delay between you pressing a key and character moving.

Maybe it's a FPS issue for you? Game is far from optimized so maybe this is the reason?
    OK. Do you mind frapsing yourself running perfectly centered up a spiral staircase. If you know where the windmill is in the Human area. I would love to see a video of you running perfectly centered and fast right up the middle please.

Yes the movement and camera is pretty bad, it's also character dependent, try a thief, they are the smoothest I have played yet, it's actually why I chose thief

No issues. it's just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    I've talked to few more people from my guild and only one person experienced something similar as "heavy camera". For the rest of us it was very "snapy", the camera moved as smoothly as in FPS games while retaining access to every ability - for example I could perform very fast turn with camera wile activating grenade skill.

So next BWE I propose the following for the people with such issues:
    - report it
    - play around with vertical synch
    - adjust your mouse sensitivity
    - make sure you don't have any overlay software running (recording software, xfire etc)

I'm now 100% this is technical issue.
    Like I said, tight, spiral staircase full speed right down the center video and I will believe there is no issue. Personally I think they did it on purpose as part of the equaling out / Skill vs gear thing that supposedly exists. If you PvP a lot, and seem to top the charts and find yourself having challenges with a few other players but find newer people a breeze to kill........one thing is the most prominent. You out maneuver / position / evade them, everything feels exactly like it would if the character were actually you ( if you were athletic) at least in games like SWToR and Aion
    Last edited by Miah; 2012-08-25 at 01:15 PM.

Deleted
    Miah u answer to ppl , that have posted 1 month ago :P

Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    Miah u answer to ppl , that have posted 1 month ago :P
    I'm trying to mimic GW2s cameras/movement

The mouse easing/smoothing at the beginning and end of panning is seriously irritating. Follow my wrist movements 1:1, please, and never sacrificie the feel of responsiveness.
    Last edited by Maenerd; 2012-08-25 at 01:39 PM.