Dang it, the shadow behemoth.

Was hoping to try the behemoth before D3 launched. Only got to the part where you destroy portals. Guess I'll have to save it for next BWE

We did the portal phase, now it just says "the swamp lies dormant"

Anything particular that has to be done to trigger next step? I've tried running around reading those grimoirs that summon those harpy veterans.

Deleted
    oh yeah, there was a stress test...

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    oh yeah, there was a stress test...
    still is, go go go

Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    Was hoping to try the behemoth before D3 launched. Only got to the part where you destroy portals. Guess I'll have to save it for next BWE

We did the portal phase, now it just says "the swamp lies dormant"

Anything particular that has to be done to trigger next step? I've tried running around reading those grimoirs that summon those harpy veterans.
    I believe once you close all the portals stuff starts spawning outside of the swamp.

Nice I got to try it, but we where only 2 people on it. So that kinda sucked.

I got to fight it but there was like 20 people and it died in a minute. Scaling is fucked on it.

Nothing happened after the group i was in destroyed the portals...gave me credit and all that but nothing happened after that. I actually didn't even know there was suppose to be something.

10+ Year Old Account
    We finished close the gates event and nothing happened. I was still in zone for about 14 minutes (phone call) and bam! here comes shadow behemoth.
    It was fun. We had about 10 people participating.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I got to fight it but there was like 20 people and it died in a minute. Scaling is fucked on it.
    Not scaling, this "boss" is a joke. I came close to soloing it on a lvl13 necromancer. Soloed the last prequel (with veteran aatxes) and got him to about 75% solo before people started arriving.

I posted about it in necromancer thread after last BWE. The only difficult part was figuring out which AoE was the "shadow crap on the ground" one as that one had to be dodged - rest could be absorbed with DS and the fact that minions simply refused to attack either portals or boss in burn phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Not scaling, this "boss" is a joke. I came close to soloing it on a lvl13 necromancer. Soloed the last prequel (with veteran aatxes) and got him to about 75% solo before people started arriving.

I posted about it in necromancer thread after last BWE. The only difficult part was figuring out which AoE was the "shadow crap on the ground" one as that one had to be dodged - rest could be absorbed with DS and the fact that minions simply refused to attack either portals or boss in burn phase.
    Good thing that this is only a what.. level 15 boss then isn't it, Lucky_? No good would come from making the first world boss a player comes across a mechanic filled death monster that spawned adds which in turn had their own mechanics which you had to avoid and overcome, now would it?

Even if you did get him to 75% by yourself - which imo, like everything else you spout, I call bullshit, considering Anet had to scale down the damage of Champion mobs, let alone boss mobs - what the hell did you expect from the first boss players encounter?

Also if the boss is a joke then why are there videos of around 30 - 40 players taking upwards of 20 minutes to kill him?
    Last edited by Bloodlight; 2012-05-15 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post

Look at the videos of it during the press betas. Whether it's the scaling or Anet nerfed it too much, it's not where the boss should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlight View Post
    Also if the boss is a joke then why are there videos of around 30 - 40 players taking upwards of 20 minutes to kill him?
    Those are videos from the press betas. They screwed it up before the BWE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlight View Post
    Good thing that this is only a what.. level 15 boss then isn't it, Lucky_? No good would come from making the first world boss a player comes across a mechanic filled death monster that spawned adds which in turn had their own mechanics which you had to avoid and overcome, now would it?

Even if you did get him to 75% by yourself (which imo, like everything else you spout, I call bullshit), what the hell did you expect?
    Try it in next BWE on your own instead of calling bullshit on something you're utterly clueless about. If you're not terrible, and play during the night when there's very little people on, you'll be able to do better then I because I was playing on my shitty laptop at that point with sub-5-fps.

Build: Axe+dagger/staff. Utility: full on minion master - bone fiend, blood fiend, shadow fiend (wurm if you have extra levels, I was underlevel at 13 and only had 2 utility slots).

Pull aatxes from portals with marks, lay down marks along aatxe path to your minions, swap weapons, unload AoE blind, AoE weakness and keep DPSing with axe skills till aatxes are dead. Kill portal. Rinse and repeat till all portals are down. Hit boss in burn phase. Rinse and repeat.

The only tricky part is to time dodge due to boss having three different AoE skills, two of which can be DS'd off and one cannot. You need to get a feeling for timing of those, because boss will often lay one AoE, and if you dodge new one will be laid on top of where you dodged right as you exit dodge, and last one will be laid as you exit second dodge, making it undodgeable. If it happens to be aforementioned shadow crap, you will die. Since you're the only target, AoE will always land with you in the center.

Also, no need to worry about dying while practicing. Boss does not reset HP.

That's what happened when we spawned it last BWE. There was 3 of us + a few ppl showed up about 1/4th through his HP. Super easy, about a 10 min or so thing.

Well the developers did say that scaling wasn't working on this event. We'll have to wait for the next BWE to see if it gets fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That's what happened when we spawned it last BWE. There was 3 of us + a few ppl showed up about 1/4th through his HP. Super easy, about a 10 min or so thing.
    It literally took a minute long for us, from full health to dead. We killed the first portal phase he does right when he spawns, then we got to attack the shadow behemoth and he went to half health before he spawned his next portals. After those portals died the boss died within seconds.

It was pretty disappointing, I was hoping for an experience like I saw in the press videos, but instead it was just zerged down.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-05-15 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well the developers did say that scaling wasn't working on this event. We'll have to wait for the next BWE to see if it gets fixed.
    I hope next BWE they actually fix the skill challenges. Several of them still do not work.

Logged off at the NPC of a broken skill challenge at the end of BWE1. What I suspected was players advanced the script to a point that broke the challenge. I set out to beat the system. I am quite clever.

Load Kessex Hills fully at 12:01pm.
    Skill CHallenge NPC is still perma dead.
    WHAT THE FUCK ANHFCAOIKGFVAPOIGVF

10+ Year Old Account
    It was the same exact build as last beta right? I suspect the same problems are still there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I hope next BWE they actually fix the skill challenges. Several of them still do not work.

Logged off at the NPC of a broken skill challenge at the end of BWE1. What I suspected was players advanced the script to a point that broke the challenge. I set out to beat the system. I am quite clever.

Load Kessex Hills fully at 12:01pm.
    Skill CHallenge NPC is still perma dead.
    WHAT THE FUCK ANHFCAOIKGFVAPOIGVF
    I've killed him

It literally took a minute long for us, from full health to dead. We killed the first portal phase he does right when he spawns, then we got to attack the shadow behemoth and he went to half health before he spawned his next portals. After those portals died the boss died within seconds.

It was pretty disappointing, I was hoping for an experience like I saw in the press videos, but instead it was just zerged down.
    Me and a ranger attepmting him, we hardly made a dent. Think we took off less than 5% of his health. He was spamming AoE so hard that 90% of the time I was running away from it. After beating on him for 10mins I called it and joined my mates in D3, it was still an awsome fight.