Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know how many game dev's hope for a crash like this at launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Expecting a seamless launch for large scale games such as this is unrealistic.

My main complaint is that Blizzard doesn't appear to learn from past mistakes. Trying to have all of North America log in at the exact same time is a recipe for disaster. Wrath proved it, SC2 proved it, and Cata proved it. I don't know why they thought "hey maybe this time might be different!"
    Sigh.
    Totally agree, they should have seen how big this would be from stress tests and pre orders, annual pass, etc etc. I'm just disapointed, but i'm sure they will fix this in no more than 12 hours or so. . . hopefully lol. Biggest game evar!

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post
    the product u paid for is a server-client game. not a single player game, get used to it.
    no i didnt. show where it says that i paid for that. piss off fanboi

Mod Edit: Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-05-15 at 08:14 AM.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    As for those who keep spewing the 'what did you expect?' I honestly expected to be able to make my characters up, then have to wait to play. Not sit there trying to name my first toon and keep timing out because of the rabid hamsters.

How about everyone takes, 5 minutes, and calms the hell down. The faster you spam, the faster someone else is spamming, and the quicker you guys are NOT going to get in.

Anyway, I'm going to bed. I'll probably still beat you guys in when I wake up.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

All I can do is laugh at the poor planning on Blizzard's part. *slow golf clap*

I saw this coming ever since Blizzard slapped DRM on D3.

Deleted
    Welcome to DRM paradise, where single player games need stupid internet checks.

x____D.

10+ Year Old Account
    sigh... i wish they would prepare for this stuff better... Were all those beta stress tests for nothing? Sad day... Sad day...
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Strictly speaking, we got exactly what we paid for. What we paid for is the right to access Blizzard's servers. If the servers are temporarily, or even permanently, unavailable, well, tough shit.

Yeah, it kinda sucks, but I'm not stupid. I knew this wasn't going to be smooth. It never is.
    It's not your fault. It's Blizzard's fault for even attempting to put a million players in on the same day. There's no responsibility on the consumers and they have all the right in the world to complain about it. What a horrible place to live in, when consumers side with the company at fault. Perhaps that's fanboyism?

bull crap. i could go pick up diablo 2 right now and click single player and play. or i could pick battle.net to play. it USED to be all about choice and freedom to play how we wanted.

this system of theirs is a failure. I paid for the product not the "right" to login to their servers. If i had this attitude in my job with my clients we wouldnt have a business. luckily for blizz they make a good actual title and have a large fan base to keep them alive during the shitty times

Lol, forum rage is amazing. Had to come here since the wow forums were taken offline. This is almost as good. Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by andreas1999 View Post
    It's not your fault. It's Blizzard's fault for even attempting to put a million players in on the same day. There's no responsibility on the consumers and they have all the right in the world to complain about it. What a horrible place to live in, when consumers side with the company at fault. Perhaps that's fanboyism?
    Every single on-line game I've ever played has had this issue on launch day of a major title. I expect it. It sucks, but it won't change. No company will green light enough servers for a one time issue. It's a stupid business decision.

I'm no fanboy. I'm a realist.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

You all mine as well go to bed. That Error 37 servers are busy error your seeing is misleading. The servers aren't busy. Blizzards servers actually are currently crashed. Chances are you won't be able to get online for at least several hours. And no your not alone in getting the error, not a single person is currently able to play the game.

Blizzard is the only company (in my experience) that I have EVER had constant issues with title releases and content updates. They have PTR realms, betas, for what? Brilliant game developers but lack in every other department.

Diablo 3- Evil has returned.......to the login screen

Even if you log in, you're pretty much guaranteed to get stuck at the character creation screen.

Time for bed. Prediction: Servers back online at 4 AM PST.

rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....