10+ Year Old Account

Workaround for Unsupported Graphics Cards

Link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903520596

Quote Originally Posted by Tamer
    ***Please note that you cannot install the game until 8:01 a.m. PDT on May 14***

***You cannot do this until you install the game***

If you are unable to play Diablo III due to an "Unsupported graphics card error", I do have a work-around. But before you do anything, please understand that your GPU is unsupported for a reason. Usually this is because of the absolutely mediocre performance it will get even at lowest settings. Chances are your performance will be so bad that the game will simply not be playable. That being said, there is really no harm in trying out this work-around. Just understand that this is not a *fix* but rather a *work-around* and your performance will likely be awful no matter what. There is nothing Blizzard can do to *fix* this because there is simply nothing for them to *fix*.

Inside the folder libraries/documents/diablo III there is a file named "d3prefs.txt". Open it.

Change:
    - DisableTrilinearFiltering "1" (from 0 to 1)
    - HardwareClass "1" (from 0 to 1)

Save the file and close it.
    When you launch the game, you will still get the same “Unsupported graphics card” error that pops up. Press esc and the game will load.
    Also be sure to read the blue post below that:

Quote Originally Posted by Ormakos
    That's all well and good but I'd add, if you decide to do this and have terrible performance as expected, please do not contact us reporting it. We know the unsupported cards aren't going to perform well and there's nothing we'll be able to do to remedy it.
    ...I will try using this workaround personally.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

what if i dont have it in that location and it's under program files and i dont see that file.. what else can i do?