Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Did you lose work/school time to this Fiasco? lol

So, Im sitting here, staring at the Error 37 and blizzards amazed post on twitter about suddenly realizing they need more servers, and I find myself wondering how many people stayed up late hoping to play all night and forego work or school schedules in the morning?

I wonder what blizzards launch failure cost the world in general haha.

Not intended to be a whine post, just laughing at the enormity of the miscalculation.

And yes, to all the people saying "What did you EXPECT"... well I expected this... a ballion people logging in at launch. the question is, didnt blizzard?

Nope, I planned to go to work in the morning, like a responsible human being. Did want to play, but if this is the worst part of my life right now, I'm either incredibly fortunate or a complete loser.

Im kind of glad i work evenings lol but this post on twitter amused me

"You know you've hosed your online game launch when your error message is the top worldwide trend on Twitter"

haha. the outrages amuse endlessly =)

10+ Year Old Account
    This launch probably cost the world economy around 1 billion US dollar, give or take a few million. Not even kidding.

Blizzard, one of the most popular companies in the world, doesn't realize a mass amount of people will be buying their games after advertising the hell out of it EVERYWHERE.

Turns out, Blizzard ISN'T THAT SMART AFTERALL.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it is a launch for a way overhyped game, of course it is going to be like this at release. Furthermore if you skip school/work to play this game I don't know what to tell you. While I love WoW, I would not skip work or school for it if a new patch came out, but I guess people have different priorities.

omg, the twitter trends for error37 are hilarious!

What if Diablo 3 is actually some weird psychological experiment to see how long we'll continually enter our login info? #error37
    Best. Prank. Ever. 12 years in the making! #error37
    You know you've hosed your online game launch when your error message is the top worldwide trend on Twitter. #error37

lolz. at least im having a laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're in the US and upset about missing work or school for not being able to play right at launch, then you're dumb. The same delays happened in every other region... Most people could've rescheduled after hearing about the Asia release yesterday.
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

Classes ended for me last week, so its all good.

Lvl 8 now.

Just so stupid I lost 2 hours for not checking the region settings. Typical for an Amarican firm to set it to US by default ...

µ

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I called off of work tonight (I work 6pm - 3am) so I could get my names. Wasn't really expecting to be able to play. So far I got 4/6 of the ones that I wanted.

To those who feel the need to insult people over their "priorities", I'm on top of my shit and I have 2 weeks of paid sick time to use. What is 1 day off to play a game vs 1 day off because I got diahrea. I mean really, what difference does it make to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra6 View Post
    I called off of work tonight (I work 6pm - 3am) so I could get my names. Wasn't really expecting to be able to play. So far I got 4/6 of the ones that I wanted.

To those who feel the need to insult people over their "priorities", I'm on top of my shit and I have 2 weeks of paid sick time to use. What is 1 day off to play a game vs 1 day off because I got diahrea. I mean really, what difference does it make to anyone.
    Aren't names account unique ?

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are they? In D2 it was like WoW. No 2 players could have the same name. I figured this would be no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Likfarer View Post
    Honestly, it is a launch for a way overhyped game, of course it is going to be like this at release. Furthermore if you skip school/work to play this game I don't know what to tell you. While I love WoW, I would not skip work or school for it if a new patch came out, but I guess people have different priorities.
    I am not working Wednesday but I am getting paid. I really don't see an issue with that.

I checked out the game briefly at 00:01-00:15, concluded it wasn't happening and went to bed, woke up 6 hours later, logged in and played for 15 minutes before heading off to work.

Deleted
    Didn't know if I was gonna buy sometime but would because it was a blizzard title, you know the deal. After watching some streams of it, now I'm sure I wont. Looks really boring. Outdated concept and the train of gameplay-stifling things.

Interestingly, I thought of all the things they would get done right and in a good way, launching Diablo 3 would be one of the most likely. With their size and server capacity they can draw from, money etc.

Also, it's funny yea. 37

Nah, I went to work as scheduled 2050 - 0500 so I missed the launches around here. Kinda disheartened I won't have the collector's edition /le sigh...

Deleted
    Luckily I am at school at this very moment, just observing from the distance. Doesn't make me any less mad on Blizzard though...

Deleted
    I know right people wanting to skip work to do something enjoyable with friends, pffft what are they thinking

10+ Year Old Account
    Skipping 1 day of work is nothing, skipping numerous days/weeks on the other hand.. People likely booked holidays as well, so they're actually getting paid to play.