Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Install Disc wont read.

Hey, quick question. I put in my diablo 3 game disc from the CE. and it wont read it. What do i do?

Deleted
    Download the digital client from Blizzard directly. Is only a workaround since it will take a while to download - but better than nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if you try registering the product on battle.net it will let you download from there? Otherwise you'll have to phone Blizz and keep trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is, with my internet I cant download it because it would take about 2 weeks to download.

Redeem the code at battle.net.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    Redeem the code at battle.net.
    i already did that

Does the Drive not read the Disc at all ? or is it a case of the drive reads the disc but when u click it nothing happens ?

If its the latter - make sure u are logged in as admin, then select the D3 icon - right click and make sure it is set as use compatability mode. Then right click again tell it to run as adminstrator shouldnt have any problems installing then.
    If the disc simply wont read... then u have a dodgy disc or a bad drive. Once you enter the code you could try dl the client direct from battlenet see if that works ?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    Problem is, with my internet I cant download it because it would take about 2 weeks to download.
    Grab a external drive or USB drive at least 10gb large. Download the installer from any location be it a friend's place or work. From there just take it home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiSiLoR View Post
    Does the Drive not read the Disc at all ? or is it a case of the drive reads the disc but when u click it nothing happens ?

If its the latter - make sure u are logged in as admin, then select the D3 icon - right click and make sure it is set as use compatability mode. Then right click again tell it to run as adminstrator shouldnt have any problems installing then.
    If the disc simply wont read... then u have a dodgy disc or a bad drive. Once you enter the code you could try dl the client direct from battlenet see if that works ?
    it reads it but when i go to the Computer, then D Drive, clicking on the icon does nothing. I'll try your method in a second and post results

right clicking it makes it not respond. O_o
    Last edited by Killmaim Deathbringer; 2012-05-15 at 12:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    Then I wish you really good luck with updating the client, once it's installed. Even my freshly DLed client still pulled quite an amount of updates immediately after installing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tintenkiller View Post
    Then I wish you really good luck with updating the client, once it's installed. Even my freshly DLed client still pulled quite an amount of updates immediately after installing...

i know, i know. =[

Once you've redeemed it you can download it from battle.net, slow maybe but if your disc doesn't work it's the only way.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne