Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

D3, Everything you wanted?

So we've all played a couple of hours of Diablo 3 now (Or at lease i hope so, for your sake!) whats your thoughts so far?
    Besides the huge server fail that happened early hours of launch *Which was expected for the most anticipated game release pretty much ever* are you happy, sad? Things you wish were different.

I basically rushed thorugh the first area up to the Skeleton king since i've done all that about 10 or so times before on the Beta. But once i got though the next gate thats when the game started for me. I'm not too far in just yet but so far i like what i see.

Edit; So i just killed the last boss from Act 2 'The Butcher' was really fun i died a couple of times. Learnt the strat and used spells that would give me more of an advantage. I just cant wait to get into the hard modes with a team of friends.
    Last edited by Cludo; 2012-05-16 at 10:39 AM.

same with me, rushed till SK and then started to play

awesome game

Boring and repetitive. 10-15 years old gameplay with 5 year old graphics

Its not a bad game still but isn't by any means a very good game. Beats afking in Orgrimmar ofc.

MedianXL is still better :/

Should of took alot more influence from the mod.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post

Its not a bad game still but isn't by any means a very good game. Beats afking in Orgrimmar ofc.
    Guess you don't even have the game.

Deleted

I didn`t play diablo II but i can`t stop thinking that hack and slash dungeons was fun and had its place 12 years ago ...
    Wouldn`t hexitate in spending money if it was turn based combat or even 3rd person

It's exactly what I expected, tons of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Of course he doesn't have the game. One can see that in 2 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    I didn`t play diablo II but i can`t stop thinking that hack and slash dungeons was fun and had its place 12 years ago ...
    Wouldn`t hexitate in spending money if it was turn based combat or even 3rd person
    A bit ironic to say that Hack'n Slash had its place 12 years ago and go on to say it would be better as turn based, it has its time like what? 16 years ago?

I played to level 20 atm and i like it, in act2 it gets a bit harder and youll actualy end up dead a few times, and up till now the story has been awesome so bring on the rest of the acts!

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Nope i do through the annual and dont regret purchasing it. As i said its not a bad game (what i saw so far at least) but if it wasnt blizzard and diablo it wouldnt receive the hype and praise it currently does.

0 innovation and pretty much the death of any new idea shouldn't get rewarded this much imo.

Op asked for opinions btw mine doesn't necessarily have to agree with yours. If its everything you wanted great for you and hope you enjoy it.

As true as it is, that is EXACTLY how I felt when I first seen D3. I bought it last night at WalMart played it for a few hours and said "this is nothing "new", nothing that hasn't been done by the likes of the Dungeon Siege franchise" and sadly, the graphics are pretty much on par with the Dungeon Siege franchise.

Is it true to the Diablo franchise? Sure. It is D1/D2 with better graphics. I guess if you liked D1/D2 and you thought the replayability in those were cool then you'll love D3. As to trying to break new ground or bring 2012 graphics into a game (and I'm not saying they ever stated it was superduper graphics but you typically assume "graphics" of the game fall in line with the years they are produced) they definitely didn't do that with this.

Either way, is it another SC2 where you can fire it up at will kill some things and go back to your regularly scheduled games, yup. I just don't really see anything here that I couldn't have gotten with

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive leveled my barbarian to level 14 i think it is now, I gotta be honest I never played any of the previous Diablo games so I'm coming in as a noob but I do find it pretty boring..I got mine free because I have the AP for WoW so I will probably play it when bored or whatever.
    I'm not saying its a shit game either its just not something I find that fun in a game thats all its ok for an hour or so every now and then but thats it for me.

so gtfo already

Sounds like WoW.

On-topic though, I am loving the game and am very much enjoying my Barbarian.

Deleted
    kinda reminds me of torchlight and doesn't give the same feel as D2 LoD, but im only in act 1 so will hopefully get more enjoyable.

3rd person was cool with Lara Croft and the Tomb raider series, and turn based was awesome when Heroes 3 came out. Can't stop thinking they had their place 12 years ago and were fun back then.

God forbid they release a new game for a genre that you don't like. It's like me saying that they shouldn't make compact cars because I don't like them.

Good thing I love Heroes 6 and Tera.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    A bit ironic to say that Hack'n Slash had its place 12 years ago and go on to say it would be better as turn based, it has its time like what? 16 years ago?

I played to level 20 atm and i like it, in act2 it gets a bit harder and youll actualy end up dead a few times, and up till now the story has been awesome so bring on the rest of the acts!
    Hack-n-slash still has it's place, this is basically a direct competitor to GW2 in the sense of that. Turn-based? Who in the hell would want a turn-based game, and for what purpose? We're not playing chess.

I don't really care about the lore, end-game in any game is always where it's at so I couldn't care less about it.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I find it enjoyable for what it is, a hack and slash game that can be played for some mindless entertainment.

0 innovation and pretty much the death of any new idea shouldn't get rewarded this much imo.
    0 Innovation? It is a hack and slash, there doesn't need to be innovation. However I will say that there is. D3 has one of the BEST "talent" systems in any game, there is an insane amount of customization available. I am glad that they decided to adopt a similar system for WoW in MoP.

Playing for about 4 hours I fell in love with the game, and this is from someone who never played D2 (or D1) past level 10. I will have countless hours of fun it is easily one of the best coop games every released.

Deleted
    Better than I thought, one of the best games I'v played in years.