Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Guys, you're missing the point.

He's playing a single-player game and can't play it because multiplayer servers have to come down. It's not bashing Blizzard needing to take their servers down to fix things, it's bashing Blizzard's absolutely fucking stupid DRM system.
    diablo is no singleplayer game. it's coop multiplayer with the ability to also do stuff alone.
    and RMAH.
    and anti-cheating because of RMAH.
    and anti-piracy in general.

that's why it is online only. get over it. don't like it? don't play it. or don't buy it in the first place. simple as that, is it?

and someone who is playing on release day and claims to not have known this fact for quite a time before, it either lying, trolling, plain stupid or any combination of that.
    Last edited by xebtria; 2012-05-16 at 06:18 AM.

I didn't have to put up with the D2 online fiasco, since I was able to play single player.
    12 years isn't enough time for Blizzard to learn from it's mistakes of the past?

I guess I'll just go play Baldur's Gate again.

Yeah, they are trying. I'll give them that. I just cant HELP but feel like this whole situation could just be AVOIDED somehow...

I mean, I am through and through a blizzard fanboy. I can't help it, I play their games regardless. But... I dunno, i'm becoming less and less amazed by their products and more just.... annoyed, and disappointed by their current/upcoming products.

Let me clear that up though. the fuckin story? AWESOME... fuck them for a few parts, but thats just personal story pref. Gameplay is AMAZING. Having to deal with MMO quality login issues, no no no let me start that again. BEING FORCED to deal with MMO quality login issues regardless wether you would like to play alone or with friends. I'm not sure I can just sit down and be ok with that. Even knowing about it before hand. I still fucking hate it... I just like the rest of the game SLIGHTLY more.... slightly. God help blizzard if they come out with a bad game. That's about what it comes down to. at least IMO.

I could be wrong though. oh well, guess i get more sleep and family time than I planned this week :P

Edit: Also I haven't had a smoke in three days. FUCK THE WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Quite well, since Diablo 3 is now the most played on line game on this planet

Welcome to 2012 ... And the internet.

So sorry for the thieves that call themselves hardcore players and now no longer can steal copies or crack clients to hack and dupe OUR mutual fun.

Long live the internet game play. Booh to the copiers and dupers of this world.
    I sincerely hope that your Internet goes down for about a week. Then we'll see what you think of your "Long live the internet game play" bullshit, you privileged, elitist p****.
    Last edited by Boddlegoulash; 2012-05-16 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    No, not really. If you want to play it singleplayer, why do you need a friends list at all times? Why do you need an auction house? You won't need matchmaking because you're playing single-player.

There's no justifying Blizzard's stupid DRM system. Stop trying, it makes you look foolish.
    Playing the game like this appeals to hardly anyone so they dropped the feature. End of story.

As a fan of both Diablo and Diablo 2 back in my early 20's, I have every reason to want to play Diablo 3 and I have every right to play it just as I did Diablo 1 and 2. Alone and by my self. If I want to play D3 in the manner I played the others, I should have that right and Blizz should not be able force me to play it any other way. I have absolutely no interest in either version of the AH. I DO NOT want to play with friends. In fact, I even set my status to "Away" and I don't open my game to the public. If I want to play with friends, I'll play an MMO or BF3, which I do plenty of.

This forced online crap is BS. I should be able to play this game however I want to play it, but I can't even do that because I can't even play it right now at all. My internet connection is working just fine, but Blizz has seemed to implement an "always online" structure that they can't even seem to handle. All they had to do, is implement an offline mode so that we can access the single player aspect of the game, barring us from the AH and friends when they are having server issues. For me, I'd be able to enjoy the game how I want and for those who want all of the online stuff would at least still be able to play in some capacity. If it wasn't for the issues, I couldn't care less about the always online stuff, but since Blizz can't get their shit together, I don't like it. They knew this day was coming. They even had a stress test for it and months of beta. Did they have a bunch of monkeys handling the beta or what?

use directx9 for better graphic results.

it isnt going to change. they made it clear months ago that you wouldnt be able to play offline, not sure why people are whining about it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    WoW is an MMO, primarily for online only. Diablo has been a single player with the bonus of being able to play online with others.
    Well, your tenses there are interesting: "is" and "has been". Of course that really doesn't say anything about what D3 actually "is".

Look, I get the argument. What I don't get is the lack of acceptance on the part of so many that D3 is a different thing than D2. It's OK to like it or hate it for those differences but most of what I've been reading is just deliberately oblivious to the reality of what D3 is. People bellowing "D3 is a single-player game" is simply mindless.

At least, I hope it's deliberate because if you really can't see it, you have much larger issues than can be ever solved here.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    it isnt going to change. they made it clear months ago that you wouldnt be able to play offline, not sure why people are whining about it now.
    So get ready for that 1 day a week you wont be able to play your single player game.. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YzermanCpt View Post
    As a fan of both Diablo and Diablo 2 back in my early 20's, I have every reason to want to play Diablo 3 and I have every right to play it just as I did Diablo 1 and 2. Alone and by my self.
    Well, no you don't if that means you want to play it without an internet connection active. The game isn't made that way. You don't have any rights at all with regard to how any game company designs their games other than to buy them or to not buy them.

He was playing SINGLE player mode. Why the fuck does this game requires people to be online while playing a SINGLE player mode? Nobody cares that you play with friends, you do, I do not. Why he or me or whoever should not be able to play a game in a (I repeat once more 'cuz for most of you ppl it seems to be too hard to understand) SINGLE (as in ONE, ALONE, 1 <-- see that number? It means one. UNO if you wish) player mode because of some server shutting down or whatever? WHY? There's NO single possible logical reason to it.

You could go to sleep... or eat... or socialize... or visit family? One day away from Diablo won't kill you, I promise :P Besides, when you come back they would have *hopefully* fixed what they are currently working on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Playing the game like this appeals to hardly anyone so they dropped the feature. End of story.
    Actually, no. You're not understanding the real reason.

The reason it's online-only is because they want to do everything they possibly can to make sure the RMAH makes them buckets of money, which it almost certainly will. By making it online-only, with all data stored on their servers, duping and other common issues with previous Diablo games will be virtually impossible - this will mean players will have faith (and won't really have any other choice) in the RMAH.

The RMAH is a source for potentially absurd amounts of profit for Blizzard. Up to a 30% cut on each transaction? Even if that's only 30 cents, what's 30 cents times 500,000 transactions?

And that's all pure profit, man.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Please, tell us what you're doing to change big, bad, evil corporate America! Enlighten us so that we too may join the fight against the man?
    So I suppose you're saying that Ubisoft backed down from their always-online Assassin's Creed 2 DRM because they realized the error of their ways?

Wake up. If people want to, they can make any company change their ways. They're consumers. They are any company's lifeblood. You people are just too in love with Blizzard and the 12-year Diablo 3 wait to resist. That just shows what you all are: weak, pathetic drones to Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeliciaMarie View Post
    You could go to sleep... or eat... or socialize... or visit family? One day away from Diablo won't kill you, I promise :P Besides, when you come back they would have *hopefully* fixed what they are currently working on.
    I don't like this logic. What about people who specifically requested days off from work, stocked up on goodies, with the intention of playing Diablo 3 with their buddies? Are they just screwed?

I mean, yeah, they can go play other games or go outside or whatever, but they could do that at any time; they're just screwed if they just wanna play D3 because Blizzard, despite being probably the richest developer on Earth, can't seem to figure out how to have enough servers and bandwidth to be able to handle the demand for the game they spent the past year hyping the shit out of?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    Anyone who arranges to take the day off work for the launch of a multiplayer online game is woefully naive.
    Indeed.

I took 3 weeks off work for Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Why the fuck does this game requires people to be online while playing a SINGLE player mode?
    It's all about the DRM protecting the real money auction house.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    diablo is no singleplayer game. it's coop multiplayer with the ability to also do stuff alone.
    and anti-piracy in general.
    So the co-op should preclude being able to play the game at all because a constant server connection is required?

DRM tends to drive piracy, something even Gabe Newell admitted to. The RMAH has some ideological issues and potential real exchange rate issues. I get it, Blizzard is a business and now they have to please the shareholders. Doesn't mean you should be a complacent lump and tell everyone else to deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylicious View Post
    It's all about the DRM protecting the real money auction house.

So the co-op should preclude being able to play the game at all because a constant server connection is required?

DRM tends to drive piracy, something even Gabe Newell admitted to. The RMAH has some ideological issues and potential real exchange rate issues. I get it, Blizzard is a business and now they have to please the shareholders. Doesn't mean you should be a complacent lump and tell everyone else to deal with it.
    I agreed so much I sigged it.

See, I generally like Blizzard's games; there's no denying there's a TON of talent there.

But more and more, I'm not liking their business practices. I absolutely respect their ability to run a successful business (Bobby Kotick is a fucking god when it comes to running a business, it's why Coke was after him), but it's getting to the point where I'm beginning to feel their "must make money," drive is beginning to affect their "let's make a great game!" drive.

I do know that I almost certainly won't be getting Heart of the Swarm. I'll probably get MoP because it's looking like it's gonna be fun, and I got D3 for free because I play WoW anyway. We'll have to see how things are working when the first D3 expansion arrives, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baaltheron View Post
    It's a single player game.
    Correction, Diablo 1 and 2 were singleplayer games with multiplayer attached (at least the second one, as far as I know). Diablo 3 is a multiplayer game, though; and it has singleplayer on online mode.