Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    It's an online singleplayer game that you can play alone. Yes, it has a multiplayer feature. There is a large difference.
    Wrong way round. It's an online Multi-Player game with a Single player feature. The developer video is in this very thread near the start and around 20 seconds in they state quite clearly they never intended for Diablo to be single player. They built it around co-op play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashpotaters View Post
    I agree with you that it's better that they fix it than let it get worse, but I think you missed the TC's point with that comparison to WoW. WoW is an mmo. TC finds it infuriating that he's seeing a message that is typical in an mmo in what is essentially a single player game. Yes, you can party up, but at it's root its a single player game.
    Diablo 3 is somewhat like an MMO in the way it works, it's online only. Whether or not the old games had offline singleplayer modes is irrelevant. Diablo 3 is what we're talking about, and it's online-only, multiplayer-only. You can choose to do solo play in the same way you can solo quests in WoW, but regardless of your play style it is always online. Anyone who is "infuriated" by this only has themselves to blame for not taking 2 seconds to research what they were purchasing.

Yeah I think they have proven beyond a reasonable doubt that making single player game modes require internet constantly is a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torrent_file

^ This is why there is no offline option.
    There are already reversed engineered Diablo III servers that you can run on your computer, thus not needing to be online and also destroying the piracy argument.

The reason its online only is to push the RMAH.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda wish the game had offline mode tbh....
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    It was stated loong ago that it was going to be online only.

You guys cried on the forums "online only" then you bought the game anyways.. and now you're upset theres issues exactly as you described?

Oh the Irony

Am I the ONLY one who remembers that in Diablo 1 you couldn't do Nightmare or Hell difficulties unless you played multiplayer?

HEADS UP: Diablo has NEVER been a single player game.

Quote Originally Posted by damntree View Post
    You can raid by yourself? Can you run dungeons by yourself? Sorry, there's nothing at all in D3 that requires you to have more than one person. There's plenty in wow.
    Required to play =/= can experience all the content in the game.

If you only played Diablo 2 single player, you missed out on a hell of a lot of the game.

People come with the arguement that its a single player game because they dont pay a subscription. And forget that its a multiplayer game, that runs on online servers just like wow. Servers went down at times in D2 for maintainence too, though not often.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If you only played Diablo 2 single player, you missed out on a hell of a lot of the game.
    Black areas of doom/non-loaded terrains? Death from lag in middle of fight? Yawn, never missed those.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Am I the ONLY one who remembers that in Diablo 1 you couldn't do Nightmare or Hell difficulties unless you played multiplayer?

HEADS UP: Diablo has NEVER been a single player game.

Required to play =/= can experience all the content in the game.

Yeah ok, what act did I miss that you were only able to access in multiplayer?

---------- Post added 2012-05-17 at 04:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    People come with the arguement that its a single player game because they dont pay a subscription. And forget that its a multiplayer game, that runs on online servers just like wow. Servers went down at times in D2 for maintainence too, though not often.
    The argument is you can call a peanut butter and jelly sandwich a "Jelly sandwich with Peanut Butter" all you want but it's still a peanut butter sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    There are already reversed engineered Diablo III servers that you can run on your computer, thus not needing to be online and also destroying the piracy argument.

Source?

Searching turned up nothing but some fakes/trojans

Does nobody else remember whole mob packs being immune to your main type of damage in Diablo II? And they eventually changed it so you couldn't even break immunities with resistance reduction effects (which outside of charged items only Necros had IIRC... and the final talent point for frost sorcs). Blizzard stated that you weren't really intended to be able to solo Hell in D2. You could but it was heavily class dependent and often frustrating, it was clearly designed to be played through in a group.

Quote Originally Posted by damntree View Post
    Yeah ok, what act did I miss that you were only able to access in multiplayer?
    You can see all the zones of WoW playing solo.

What you missed is all the fun
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2012-05-17 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The reason you cant play offline is because in Diablo II the characters were saved on your computer and hackers would go in and alter the files to create legendary items and then sell them on the internet for real money. They also create slave mills in Korea and China where prisoners are forced to play games to generate money to sell to players. Goldsellers are the second worst scourge on our games, the first being people who buy from goldsellers. Its because of them that increased security has to be put on our games. How many wow accounts get hacked because of Goldseller greed?

Will they find a way around it, of course. They went from farming gold to hacking accounts directly. They will find a way around this security and then security will get tightened again and we will be the ones that have to suffer for it. But so long as we buy gold from them because we are too impatient to earn it our selves then they will continue to sell gold and hack accounts.
    I dont disagree with that, but maybe I wasn't clear;
    My point was we should have an option to either:
    1. Play as it is now - with a community where characters are stored on blizz servers to prevent hacking.
    2. Have characters stored locally which are NOT allowed to connect to the blizz servers but can connect to other ppl directly if given permission to.
    I.e. I have 1 character on blizz servers where I can randomly group with anyone and use the AHs & I have a 2nd character stored on my hard drive that can not connect to blizz servers but can be played solo offline or host a 'local' multiplayer session where only other 'offline' characters can join if I provide them with my IP & Passwords, etc.
    Therefore if ppl wanted to hack it locally then it wouldnt impact on others as those characters woudlnt be able to interact with the others

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post

Nope, there are no working D3 Retail emulators. Beta emulators for the tiny amount of content that was in beta. But nothing for the retail release.

I actually googled this when you posted it in another thread and it's completely wrong.

Please be aware ,and you're an idiot if you think we will be a Day-1 Working Mxxxxx, Mxxxxx will not work with the Retail (yet!) and you will have to wait for Mxxxxx and Mxxxxx to be updated. There will be new announcements and guides when that day comes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torrent_file

^ This is why there is no offline option.
    What does that technology got to do with Diablo? Torrent and tracker technology are perfectly legit and extremely useful and ingenious.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.