Diablo 3 storyline so far

From a gameplay pov, the game feels really really good. I'm only 20ish right now, and just finishing up Act II - having loads of fun - but the story is...well, kinda meh. I'm not referring to the baseline, but some of it is downright cheesy. Let me tell you what bothered me the most so far (spoilers inc):

*Cain: in D2/D1 this guy just kept a safe distance from demons and whatnot. Identifying items and writing his books in town. Now, while his bones are close to disintegration, he gets all adventurous and, while escaping a couple of times, he manages to get himself killed. In his house. Oh, and all the whining and shit...close to being unbearable. I really liked him in the prequels, now both he and his death were really poorly written, at least imo.

*Tyrael: WHY OH WHY did you have to give him a face ffs? It was part of his persona to be faceless. And making him a pussy, what's up with that? He didn't even care about humanity at first, and now he's all about protecting the innocent. What innocents were there before the nephalem? He was never this much of a whiner before. Tearing off his wings and going all out for humans while Metzen yells "Sacrilege!" (after having a not so cordial meeting with him). I dunno, but he was a great character, now he just feels unbelievably uncool.

This is based on the point in the game I've gotten to so far, I can only hope it gets better. *fingers crossed*
    Last edited by Legion; 2012-05-15 at 10:19 PM.