Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Games about what i expected, and its ok if your bored and need something to do. Honestly expected a little more though, considering how long it took to make. Scenery and everything's nice, and i know its just released so bugs are to be expected, but ive found so many bugs/broken achieves within the first 20mins of the game that its kinda sad considering how long it was in beta for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post
    Playing the easiest content on the easiest difficulty is mindless clicking, I suggest investing more time to get to nightmare, that's where it really starts
    I don't understand why there can't be an option to just skip ahead to Nightmare, though. Or, at the very least, let us skip normal after we've completed normal with a character.

I want to play all of the classes, but I'm honestly not looking forward to spending the first twenty or thirty levels being bored out of my skull while I wait for the game to become challenging.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    I guess it's not for everyone, but i'm sure as hell loving it, did 1-12 with 2 friends yesterday, was epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    So why flame them? Does it make you feel better about yourself?

There really isn't a reason the game can't have WASD movement, or the ability to click on a monster and have your character constantly attack them until the monster's dead.
    Yes there is, it would make diablo fans VERY upset if you could do that. Diablo 3 is amazing as it is, and a rightful successor to the best arpg ever (imo).
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Yes there is, it would make diablo fans VERY upset if you could do that. Diablo 3 is amazing as it is, and a rightful successor to the best arpg ever (imo).
    Why would it make them upset? I'm fine with click for everything being the default control setting, but why would it somehow harm the game or make it worse if WASD movement was supported?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

So why flame them? Does it make you feel better about yourself?

There really isn't a reason the game can't have WASD movement, or the ability to click on a monster and have your character constantly attack them until the monster's dead.
    Because im tired of people saying a game is trash because they don't like the genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played the Beta and I still love it sooooooooooo ... Personal issue it seems.

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 08:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Because im tired of people saying a game is trash because they don't like the genre.
    Oh my God. There is so much truth in this I think I might implode. Yessssss.

Deleted
    Yes. It's just you. But in this case that's NOT a bad thing.
    Different people have different tastes. And just because you enjoy one Blizzard product, you don't have to feel obligated to like them all.

Personally, I had a great amount of fun when I dove my hero into a giant mob of undead, had more spawning on me and racked up a score of about 40 enemies killed in a single fight, a few multikills of 9 or so at the same time AND then I levelled
    I'm not even lvl 10 yet...

But baseline; just imagine how boring things were if everyone liked and disliked the same things.
    I just wish that most people who are so vocal about D3 weren't also so extremely polarized about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatie12 View Post
    Sorry but is this just me or is D3 incredibly boring? I've never played this game series before and I honestly gave it a good try today, I played around 3 hours, about 1-2 hours of solo and an hour with some friends in a group. It's non-stop mindless click-grinding (that Cathedral drove me near insane). I want to play the game but I just can't get motivated to do so. Perhaps there's something wrong with me, perhaps I'm just a boring person, maybe I need professional counseling. Whatever it is, I'm glad this game came for free.
    Welcome to the Hack and Slash genre, you don't seem to like it.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Except how would the genre evolve and improve and try new things if people weren't going, "Hey, know what? This isn't very fun and kinda sucks!"

Personally, I love the new skill/rune system, but I hate that they removed customizable stats from the game, and items having stat requirements. It feels weird for my character to be able to equip a giant axe, a bow, or go heater and beater all at once.

Deleted
    My brother and I played for three hours yesterday, got through Act I up to and just past the spider queen. I'll admit, I was kinda bored by about the second hour, but I think that's just because Normal is laughably easy. I was about 80% asleep the entire time and the only time I died was when I stood in the bright glowing green poison for like... a minute. It'd be nice if you could take a basic competency exam ("do you have a pulse? You do? Great!") and immediately skip ahead to Nightmare.

Oh, and click-to-do-everything is a horrible, horrible fucking control scheme. It needs to fucking die. Why can't I click on the target and the game assumes I want to keep attacking it? Jesus christ, I'm gonna have to get some weights for my mouse or my index finger's gonna fall off.
    You do know if you just keep your left mouse pressed in, it'll keep attacking ..?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaroidsupercolor View Post
    You do know if you just keep your left mouse pressed in, it'll keep attacking ..?
    Yep, and it's worse than carving a huge tunnel in Minecraft.

Deleted
    I'm actually really suprised that i've heard this sort of reaction from a number of WoW players new to the series.

Easy Mode dungeon crawl (on normal)
    spam a couple of clickies
    End of dungeon bosses dropping epics
    tons of loot and gold thrown at you at every turn.

that could easiy be just an apt description for WoW's game content as it is for diablos first couple of hours game time, i thought WoW players would love it more.

I personally am enjoying it to a certain point, only 2/3 hours in and finally settled on the monk class, i want to see whats deeper(if theres is anything) but im a little bit non plussed, its a nice, solid hack and slash dungeon crawler but it doesnt do anything new from any other type of game out there like it, i got dungeon siege 3 last year for a couple of quid off steam and its just a slighty shiner little better polished version of that costing 30 quid more.

but im not rushing to judgment i want to try it multiplayer and on higher difficulties

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    but im not rushing to judgment i want to try it multiplayer and on higher difficulties
    I'm kinda sad that you can't use /players to make the game simulate having more players in the game. If my brother's at work or asleep, why can't I /players 2 to simulate his being there? Why can't we /players 4 to simulate having a full game without having to deal with the bullshit of inviting two random potential asshats into our game?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    I'm actually really suprised that i've heard this sort of reaction from a number of WoW players new to the series.

Easy Mode dungeon crawl (on normal)
    spam a couple of clickies
    End of dungeon bosses dropping epics
    tons of loot and gold thrown at you at every turn.

that could easiy be just an apt description for WoW's game content as it is for diablos first couple of hours game time, i thought WoW players would love it more.

I personally am enjoying it to a certain point, only 2/3 hours in and finally settled on the monk class, i want to see whats deeper(if theres is anything) but im a little bit non plussed, its a nice, solid hack and slash dungeon crawler but it doesnt do anything new from any other type of game out there like it, i got dungeon siege 3 last year for a couple of quid off steam and its just a slighty shiner little better polished version of that costing 30 quid more.

That's because those reactions come out as fear reactions.

Diablo 3 is already number one today on Xfire in just a matter of hours after launch.

WOW players should have no fear though. The ONLY MMO that is cross bridged with Diablo 3 is WOW and if anything - like you said - both games reinforce each other instead of battling each other.

That can not be said of ALL THAT MMO GARBAGE though we had to ENDURE for the last couple of years.

The fear from those players is justified.

In the ON LINE part Diablo 3 blows these duds out of the water in FUN and GAME PLAY features.

I already saw these signs in Beta, but the real game raised the bars even far more than I expected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    In the ON LINE part Diablo 3 blows these duds out of the water in FUN and GAME PLAY features.

I already saw these signs in Beta, but the real game raised the bars even far more than I expected.
    Yup i really think a full party of the classes they've made with my friends on a tougher difficulaty could really make the game shine, thats whats keeping me playing it to be honest

It is very apt that the game involves killing mindless hordes of braindead monsters.

As that is exactly how I feel playing it.

But it's great fun. I think it mostly appeals to people who don't enjoy the more cerebral of games. It allows us to just switch off our brains and bash away to our heart's content.

It would be interesting to see a brainscan activity graph during play, I suspect I may have actually been clinically dead on more than one occasion during my session yesterday.

I have to say shame on MMO for even posting about this game, it gave people the wrong Idea from the start.

New Players have gone into it thinking it's wow with bloody demons. I love this game for not being like wow, I was a huge fan of the series since diablo 1 and 2. As others have stated it is a clickfest, they always have been, it's your cup of tea or it isn't.

Being a bit older I get tired of how obligated wow is, I like being able to just jump in smash the shit outta things for a bit and then go do stuff around the house if I need to, without the guilt of letting a guild down, or whatnot.....

To me diablo 3 is nothing more than diablo 2, with a better engine, better graphics, better boss mechanics, and I love it for this.

Yes it is just you.

You can have a ton of fun with the classes because they have such a diverse range of abilities you can use. Learning to use the right abilities strategically is heaps of fun.

For instance: kiting a boss with sprint, stunning him then sprint + leaping away from the boss to get a res off on your partner = pure win

Quote Originally Posted by Zatie12 View Post
    Sorry but is this just me or is D3 incredibly boring? I've never played this game series before and I honestly gave it a good try today, I played around 3 hours, about 1-2 hours of solo and an hour with some friends in a group. It's non-stop mindless click-grinding (that Cathedral drove me near insane). I want to play the game but I just can't get motivated to do so. Perhaps there's something wrong with me, perhaps I'm just a boring person, maybe I need professional counseling. Whatever it is, I'm glad this game came for free.
    You're just victim of the hype. Diablo is hack&slash game. It always was. Diablo 3 even striped out most of the RPG elements D2 had.
    I know, everyone was saying it has cool story and that it will be the best game. But truth is it is just hack&slash game built on nostalgia. You're perfectly fine.