Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The new secret cow level?!

During my play through in normal I came across a black smithing plan for an item called "staff of herding". There's nothing special about this item, it's a normal white item with around 3 dps on it, but for some reason the mats required to make it cost an obscene amount of money (wirts bell being one of them, I found it in a vendor in act 2 for 100,000 gold).

This makes me fairly certain that the completed staff has something to do with a new secret cow level! This is all speculation, as I'm no where near close enough to being able to afford the items required to make the staff, and I don't know if you need to do anything after you make the staff. I'm also not sure if this has been discusse before or previously discovered, as I didn't do too much reading into the items of the game before playing

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/item/staff-of-herding2

That should be a link to the item I'm talking about
    Last edited by Blada; 2012-05-16 at 12:17 AM.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

10+ Year Old Account
    If I am not mistaken, the new "Cow level" has horsen/ponys/unicorns as enemies. That was datamined way back. So "Staff of Herding" would also be a fitting name.

I personally have no idea, but I must say, the flavor text on the ingredients is hilarious. Well done to their writers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamlore View Post
    There was a loading screen tip that said "There is no cow level", so I don't believe this.
    That is just a meme from Diablo 1. Diablo 2 DID have the cow level. As far as whether D3 has it, I'm gonna bet a dollar it does.

http://www.wowwiki.com/There_is_no_cow_level

herding... welcoem to the herd... ponys/unicorns/(maybe a Pegasus or 2)? Just sayin....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    herding... welcoem to the herd... ponys/unicorns/(maybe a Pegasus or 2)? Just sayin....
    lol yes you get to slaughter the adorable pink creatures.

I think that was just a little joke though. Here:
    http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/...blo-3-screens/

If anyone actually gets information about a cow level (like the OP here), I would love to hear it.
    Last edited by finskee; 2012-05-16 at 01:35 AM.

Deleted
    Gonna play to get that gold and nothing else. Because are few things I delight in more then the prospect of mutilating the ponies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems that I forgot my /sarcasm closing tag.
    I couldn't tell, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    lol yes you get to slaughter the adorable pink creatures.

I think that was just a little joke though. Here:
    http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/...blo-3-screens/

If anyone actually gets information about a cow level (like the OP here), I would love to hear it.
    This was made before MLP:FiM. The names datamined were somewhat show related. Also: Is this all just a coincidence that the Blizzcon T-shirts have ponies on them?

We could very well end up seeing multi-colored horses rather than cows. or even both!

there is no cow level, it says that on the loading screen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinz View Post
    there is no cow level, it says that on the loading screen
    It does? (lol I'm still not sure if its sarcasm).

Deleted
    The cow level is a lie! The cow level is a lie! The cow level is a lie! The cow level is a lie! The cow level is a lie! The cow level is a lie!

oh well, you get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    That's funny I was just looking at that page. I think it is safe to say there is no cow level. It is called the Land of Killer Unicorns. Nice twist Blizz. In B4 OMG they ruined diablo 3 with carebear unicorn level!

Secret_Cow: "This is no time to be silly. The level of sparkling happiness and rainbows awaits you!"

Dang I'm too late lol: "Hope that cow level is a troll attempt because those models look like complete dog ----. Also it is a pretty big slap to the face and a disgrace to Diablo series to have ponies and pink bears in the secret level."

Anyhow, please more info on how to get there, thanks!
    Last edited by finskee; 2012-05-16 at 02:14 AM.

Such loading screen does exist.
    The very first loading screen I got for D3 said "There is no cow level" I laughed

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    While, i'm pretty sure the Cow Level isn't in the game (as of right now, maybe later!). I'm sure there is a secret level similar to it.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Deleted
    "Blizzard constantly states that, "there is no Cow Level"."