Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Recently uploaded video about the 3 faction PVP conquest on the PTS. I've seen some tweets about people who are loving it so far.

Not sure if this video has been posted yet I've not seen it here so apologizes if it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Does Trion deserve my money? I would say they more than earn the measly price of a sub.
    Yeah, been saying this for ~15 mos. If Blizzard is head and shoulders above most game companies, Trion is Head, Shoulders, about fifteen torsos, a tongue, somebody's cat, a box of glue sticks, a pepsi.....

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Will there be a Sliver in 1.9? Is it confirmed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Will there be a Sliver in 1.9?
    Primeval Feast is been tested atm, Devs have to port testers in as the Portal hasn't been put up, most of the consensus seems to suggest it will be in Droughtlands

So, cannot confirm or deny there's a new 10-man sliver coming in 3 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Primeval Feast is been tested atm, Devs have to port testers in as the Portal hasn't been put up, most of the consensus seems to suggest it will be in Droughtlands

So, cannot confirm or deny there's a new 10-man sliver coming in 3 weeks
    Wait, patch is released in 3 weeks what?!

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Well, Summerfest is supposedly June 26 or 27th, according to a screenshot posted by Slipmat in another thread, and I would guess that Trion would like a week before for the patch to drop, which would suggest 3 weeks from now.

Primeval Feast is a Life themed 10 man Sliver in Droughtlands.
    It will be T3 quality (same as ID) and will be released in Patch 1.9

Honestly, Mentoring doesn't appeal to me in the least. If I were to go back to do some lvl 20 content, I'd just take my 50, non-mentored, and do it.

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 01:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    1.9 in 3 weeks? Where is this announced?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerinn View Post
    Honestly, Mentoring doesn't appeal to me in the least. If I were to go back to do some lvl 20 content, I'd just take my 50, non-mentored, and do it.
    That is the beauty of something like this. If you don't want to use it.... don't. It will have no effect on your gameplay.

Other people on the other hand would like to play with friends just starting without rushing them through. this will allow them to play at level with friends without making a new toon.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Or simply play lower level content that is still fun without steamrolling over it. That was a major + in MMOs with sidekicking; Guild Wars 2, most recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Or simply play lower level content that is still fun without steamrolling over it. That was a major + in MMOs with sidekicking; Guild Wars 2, most recently.
    Yeah. I HATE steamrolling lower level content. I'm actually looking forward to going back and finishing up quests in the zones I never really did (I played during the half year birthday so I cheated and got the huge XP bonus :P)

If the Mentoring rewards are actually equivalent to what I would get at level 50 per time invested then I might consider finishing off all the lower level quests I haven't done.

And that is a big deal because I hate questing with a passion.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    If the Mentoring rewards are actually equivalent to what I would get at level 50 per time invested then I might consider finishing off all the lower level quests I haven't done.

And that is a big deal because I hate questing with a passion.
    I don't normally hate questing, but not knowing much about rift lore I tend to hate it in rift.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Probably helps in a game like Rift because you level so goddamn fast normally that you miss like 3-4 zones by the time you ding 50. I rarely ever have to quest through IPP or Stillmoor. Shimmersand is never more than quarter done by 50.

Unlike say, GW2 or EQ where it takes a long time to level thus you get to enjoy the questing process, Rift zooms you pass zones/questing rather hurriedly.

Its kinda nice and relaxing to go back and finish up a zone or two without auto attacking mobs to death in 1/s.

Any news about 1.9 Raid? When it's going to be tested?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Any news about 1.9 Raid? When it's going to be tested?
    Probably internal only, until the last week or so. Less emphasis on those than the 20mans.

Deleted
    Ideally i wouldn't like my hero to scale down when crossing low lev areas but...
    If i am to be serious ever about playing this game several people have to come as well, my wife for starters.

I can't think of myself creating a toon each time one of them decides to give rift a go.
    Mentoring fits well right there. Each time a person decides to come and try Rift light, or get a new Sub.

Level scaling down was for the first time seen when i was reading about GW2 couple of months ago.
    The way it works in Rift sounds better, i wouldnt like it to be mandatory, cant go from one zone to another and have my toon changed like crazy, no way!

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    Level scaling down was for the first time seen when i was reading about GW2 couple of months ago.
    The way it works in Rift sounds better, i wouldnt like it to be mandatory, cant go from one zone to another and have my toon changed like crazy, no way!
    It's been around for quite a while. City of Heroes, EQ2, and a few other games have had sidekicking/mentoring features for years. I'm a big fan of the flexibility Trion is giving players with their implementation though. It's nice to have more options