Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the guy who hit max level in Skyrim first (if there is a max level) made a fuss out of it. Who the hell is Athene and why should we care about them hitting max level in a single player game?

World firsts are an important part of gaming culture now, accept that guys. As for if he was truly world first, well, we'll just have to see what his time was.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    I wonder if the guy who hit max level in Skyrim first (if there is a max level) made a fuss out of it. Who the hell is Athene and why should we care about them hitting max level in a single player game?
    its interesting because a guy says "hey im going to be the first person in the world to complete that game", and people think "yea whatever buddy"
    then the guy pulls it off, its amazing, its a story for the ages,

>6 or 7 hours behind Korea
    >world first

yeah no

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    its interesting because a guy says "hey im going to be the first person in the world to complete that game", and people think "yea whatever buddy"
    then the guy pulls it off, its amazing, its a story for the ages,
    A story that people forget in a couple of weeks because it's meaningless?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I'm stunned that people really take this kinda personally and bash the shit out of Athene. Gz to him! It's a great achievement to do it so fast.

I haven't even cared about Athene once.

Hes been overrated.

In fact, didn't asia get world first?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I've had plenty of fun losing; how incredibly close-minded of you.

Anyway, that story sounds a little implausible.
    sigh - it was a quote from athenes viral video "best paladin in the world" nevermind, wrong crowd for you know... jokes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keRmis View Post
    I'm stunned that people really take this kinda personally and bash the shit out of Athene. Gz to him! It's a great achievement to do it so fast.
    Those kind of people who shove their "achievements" in everyone's faces are annoying and deserved to be bashed.

Besides, Asians are so hardcore that they were already 60 before the game was released here.

Didn't asia start 6 hours ahead of everyone else, though? Like the WoW world first for max level, that needs to be considered.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2012-05-16 at 02:38 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Inb4 people start claiming world first etc in single-player games.

No, no, world firsts are absolutely logical and expectable thing when it comes to raiding content and such. But not in a coop game.

i dont know why people dont like world firsts... Its a huge achievement. Sure he didnt stop and look at any lore, but you CAN PLAY THROUGH MORE THAN ONCE.

World firsts are exciting, and another form of competition in gaming. problem?
    most likely drunk and posting

Quote Originally Posted by Stataclysm View Post
    i dont know why people dont like world firsts... Its a huge achievement. Sure he didnt stop and look at any lore, but you CAN PLAY THROUGH MORE THAN ONCE.

It wasn't because it was world first, it was because it was Athene.

All he does is show off with his world firsts achievements. In fact, hes in EU, no way Americans could get a chance...In fact, I think asians got world first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mineth View Post
    Those kind of people who shove their "achievements" in everyone's faces are annoying and deserved to be bashed.

Besides, Asians are so hardcore that they were already 60 before the game was released here.
    Yeah raising 1mil. to a charity, what a douche. Besides shoving off has been his role for what, since arena came?

Athene #1. Haters gonna hate. He's a great dude. He does awesome stuff for charities and he's been doing the youtube stuff forever now.

I would say congrats but to be honest, who cares? it's not like he can actually prove if he is world first or not. Even if there was an achieve for such a feat it's not like anyone is going to give enough of a damn to actually look. World firsts are such a stupid concept. I could say I was the world first person to ever beat Half-Life 1 but there is no way of proving whether I did or not and in a few years even if I were to actually beat it first (I've never played the game FYI) Nobody would even remember my name, and the few that did and tried to speak to someone about it would get blank stares and the question of "So what?" thrown at them. It would be better to play the game like a normal person and enjoy it instead of rushing for a mythical world first that nobody would actually care about

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Deleted
    Wow. I hope they make a movie of this guy's achievements... or teach kids about him in schools. Sad to think that such a legend is totally overlooked by everyone outside the gaming community.

Deleted

No, this is one of the many things that represent what is IMO wrong with videogame culture at the moment, and that make it some what socially unacceptable in my country (England).

Games are fun ,and should be played at a healthy pace, it has no baring on ANYTHING, if you complete it faster than others, it just means you have less commitments and a less full life. Perhaps it shows you are good at manipuliating others to helping you but what does that mean.

Games are an art form to be enjoyed at a personal level, when a new film comes out or TV episode you dont fast forward at 4 times the speed just to claim you saw it before others.

Its just extremely chidlish thing to do really, don't why people buy into it. Glad that is is just a very small vocal minority though.

Deleted

We both know he's not going to do that. It's good for him doing what he wants and all, just a shame due to the story being so rich. But as i said, its good for hom that he didnt get world first but thinks he did. Im not being bitter I just dont think he should be so in our faces considering he basically rode off the money given to him by other players. It's a complete group effort that didn't really pay off.

Deleted
    Athene is part robot, part badger. He lives in a pineapple under the sea where he plots world domination through the medium of playing video games. He doesn't give all of the money he collects from streaming events to charity. He uses the cash to fund his gene-splicing side-project with which he hopes to cross an elephant with the domestic housecat.

Also, you aren't an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    World firsts are an important part of gaming culture now, accept that guys. As for if he was truly world first, well, we'll just have to see what his time was.
    What makes them an important part? A loud group of people thinking every game is a competition to be dominated?