Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Its funny that people are having problems logging in to all blizz games right now. You would think with all that money they make, blizz wouldn't run all their games through the same servers. And you think they would be prepared for the traffic that the servers have been getting since midnight.

I mean think about it, d3 is probably the most pre-ordered game ever
    . Plus they got all the people who got the yearly pass from wow, and got d3 with that. And Then all of these people are logging on to d3 at the same time, plus all the people that play WoW and SC2. Of course their servers were going to crash....
    Most pre-ordered PC game ever. In that regard, very very very few AAA titles are PC exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruddoris View Post
    it's a freaking video game, it's not going to kill you to not be able to play in right now, the world will still turn, children will still be starving in Africa, and Sara Pallin will still be terrifying, when it's all said and done this won't change a thing, so if you are waiting pick up a book and read, or clean your house, or do something productive, and stop making yourself and other gamers look like rage filled basement dwellers that have no concept of reality.
    Posts like this always amuse me, why wouldn't you have taken your own advice and done something constructive yourself. Instead you posted this useless drivel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Its funny that people are having problems logging in to all blizz games right now. You would think with all that money they make, blizz wouldn't run all their games through the same servers. And you think they would be prepared for the traffic that the servers have been getting since midnight.

I mean think about it, d3 is probably the most pre-ordered game ever. Plus they got all the people who got the yearly pass from wow, and got d3 with that. And Then all of these people are logging on to d3 at the same time, plus all the people that play WoW and SC2. Of course their servers were going to crash....
    They dont have everything going through the same servers, they have a fully integrated network for all of their games and have obviously ran into a few problems. I can only assume this will be a lesson to prevent games affecting other games in the future. Good thing its only Tuesday right?

People act like this shit isn't normal. You wanna know how MY DAY went.

At 9 am I went to Bestbuy to pick up my CE, which is an HOUR away from my house. Then I drove home, only to find out then I was getting the Updating File, agent.exe termination bug. After about 4 hours of troubleshooting and realizing that I had no chance of fixing this error, and no fix in sight from Blizzard. I WENT BACK TO BESTBUY, to buy a an 800 dollar PC so I could play D3 today.

So then I got a cheap barebones PC, i5 processor with 8gigs of catshit ram. It had no onboard graphics card, so I then had to buy a power supply and I got an 550TI with it. Then I drove BACK HOME another HOUR. Then I had to install my parts, which I had NEVER DONE before. Then I had a nightmare and nearly broke down trying to install my PSU. It took me 2 hours to figure it out.

Though once I got the PC up and running, which I am using now. It's fucking SMOOTH install, no hiccups at all, no trouble shooting, nothing but playing.

All in all, after 2 hours of driving, 4 hours of Troubleshooting, 2 hours of parts installation, 20 minutes of install + patching, and 900 dollars, I got to play a whopping 3 hours.

BUT FUCKING TOTALLY WORTH IT. I can't wait to play again.

No offline single player in the game is really pissing me off right about now...

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 12:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    People act like this shit isn't normal. You wanna know how MY DAY went.

At 9 am I went to Bestbuy to pick up my CE, which is an HOUR away from my house. Then I drove home, only to find out then I was getting the Updating File, agent.exe termination bug. After about 4 hours of troubleshooting and realizing that I had no chance of fixing this error, and no fix in sight from Blizzard. I WENT BACK TO BESTBUY, to buy a an 800 dollar PC so I could play D3 today.

So then I got a cheap barebones PC, i5 processor with 8gigs of catshit ram. It had no onboard graphics card, so I then had to buy a power supply and I got an 550TI with it. Then I drove BACK HOME another HOUR. Then I had to install my parts, which I had NEVER DONE before. Then I had a nightmare and nearly broke down trying to install my PSU. It took me 2 hours to figure it out.

Though once I got the PC up and running, which I am using now. It's fucking SMOOTH install, no hiccups at all, no trouble shooting, nothing but playing.

All in all, after 2 hours of driving, 4 hours of Troubleshooting, 2 hours of parts installation, 20 minutes of install + patching, and 900 dollars, I got to play a whopping 3 hours.

BUT FUCKING TOTALLY WORTH IT. I can't wait to play again.
    So wait, you bought a new PC to fix an issue that was resolved by removing the beta client?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe... I'm reminded of Wow's early days. Its up, and its down. Wait, its up? Nope, down again. You would think a big dog like Blizvision would have figured out how to handle launches without crashing their servers by now.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

To everyone bitching: "i payed for the game and can't play, this is an infringement on my rights as a consumer!" You signed this thing called an EULA when you installed the game that says otherwise. so get over it.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    So wait, you bought a new PC to fix an issue that was resolved by removing the beta client?
    I lmao on this. But at least he has a nice new PC.

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    I finally got the game installed after about... 8 hours or so of troubleshooting and trial/error. Was about to quit and say FK IT LETS DO IT LIVE but i finally got it installed, it's downloading a steady rate of 2mbs and it's about 50% complete. Upon hitting PLAY and logging in, i am greeted with ERROR 3003.
    Thanks blizzard, fking trolls.

No reason to get mad.
    Just because you paid for a service that you aren't receiving gives you no right to be upset. I go to Burger King all the time and order a Large #4, they don't give it to me but thats K I don't sweat it. I realize they are busy and that Large #4's are tough to do. Even tho it's on the menu and i gave them my money for it.
    Point me to where you have a contract with Blizzard for the sale of your copy of Diablo III that entitles you to server access 24/7, regardless of any technical considerations on their end. I'd like one of those. How many thousands of dollars did it set you back?

This is effecting my race to world first. Oh well, have a few episodes of Loiter Squad on the DVR to watch instead.

No offline single player in the game is really pissing me off right about now...

No, I never played the Beta. I had the same issue with trying to play the beta and thought that a Hard Disk would fix the issue. It did not. I'm not retarded kid, I deleted the beta before the first day was up. There was no fix for me, and MANY OTHERS are in the same boat.

So here is what was happening, the Agent.exe would end process for no apparent reason, which would make an infinite loop of Updating Files, into Launching Blizzard Launcher, into Updating Files. I even went as far as booting from factory settings on my old PC. Nothing worked.

Diablo ‏ @Diablo
    We're continuing to work on the issue currently affecting the Americas region, and while making progress have no ETA.
    Boooooo. Do not approve.

I got home an hour ago, server went down just minutes before I walked in the door. Now im fighting the 3003 boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Boooooo. Do not approve.
    Hehe... Now now, they've only had like six years to figure out how to deal with millions of people wanting to play a game. Give them another six.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Google is a challenging beast, it's like level 30 and I'm only level 10. I can never hope to tame it and use the knowledge it has
    Trust your doubt. Always fight for your beliefs. That is the path beyond thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Point me to where you have a contract with Blizzard for the sale of your copy of Diablo III that entitles you to server access 24/7, regardless of any technical considerations on their end. I'd like one of those. How many thousands of dollars did it set you back?
    I don't understand it either, yes i was / am disappointed in the servers rubber banding like crazy but shit, it's just a game, i waited 11 years i can be a little more patient. These people are acting like blizzard is doing this shit on purpose, or that there is really anything they could of done (within reason) to fix it.

At this point, this is really getting ridiculous. I am normally not one to complain about this, but at this point my patience is really wearing thin. If they weren't prepared for this many people logging into their servers at one time, then they should not have released the game, especially after already having a stress test that should've at least given them some indication of what to expect. My main quarrel with Blizzard is that I just want to play this game by myself, and the fact that I have to be online to do so is really frustrating. I don't care about the AH, I don't care about co-op. I just want to play through the game at my own speed by myself, and I can't do that. I get that it was well known that it was going to be an always-online game and that there was no offline mode, but that doesn't make it any less stupid. It's why I hate Ubisoft, and now I'm really beginning to get frustrated at Blizzard as well. Before people throw around the word "entitled" like smartasses, I get that it's the first day of launch and this stuff is expected to happen, but that still doesn't mean that the DRM isn't pants on head retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    So I guess it'll be Soon™
    and then they added

"We're continuing to work on the issue currently affecting the Americas region, and while making progress have no ETA"
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    No this is going to pay and get a lapdance from a certain stripper, only to find that everyone in your tri-state area wants a lap dance from her at the same time.
    yeah pretty much this. It sucks they are down but its not like it doesnt make sense why. People need to stop making such a big deal out of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I got home an hour ago, server went down just minutes before I walked in the door. Now im fighting the 3003 boss.
    just go to http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/status and spam F5 and wait for the little lights to go green.

no point in wiping on the 3003 boss, guy is more unbalanced then pre-nerf c'thun.