Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    It does seem that copper nodes are bugged. I am leveling mining on my warrior alt and whilst running around Northern Barrens I was encountering copper nodes that were orange to me that did not grant a skill-up. As I came across tin nodes, they were yellow to me and then eventually green, whilst copper remained as orange.
    That's exactly where I was mining: Northern Barrens. So it must be a problem in NB. I didn't play last night, so it'll be tonight before I can try going elsewhere to see if I get better results.

You were probably capped.

Quote Originally Posted by ibnalail View Post
    Copper goes grey at 100. If you're 91, the skill is very, very green and the orange you are seeing is a bug.
    This. I recently switched professions on a low level toon to mining and I got to around 100 with smelting. Then I was outside Org doing a fishing daily and rode by some copper nodes that showed orange. I mined them and got 0 skill-ups (nor should I have since I was around 100 mining.) It's a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by ibnalail View Post
    Copper goes grey at 100. If you're 91, the skill is very, very green and the orange you are seeing is a bug.
    This is correct. There is currently a bug with copper nodes-- they appear Orange when they should actually be appearing Green. This is a ticket I sent to a GM about the issue a few months ago (it seems, based on your experience, that it hasn't been fixed yet) :

I'd be willing to be that this is actually the issue you were experiencing-- Copper nodes will display as Orange, but grant skill ups as though they were Green (because they actually are).

I don't know what your GM was talking about saying that Orange doesn't always grant a skill up, that doesn't seem correct to me. I think they maybe just weren't being specific-- I think that all crafting professions are 100% at orange, as is mining from mining nodes, but Herbalism and Skinning are, if memory serves, slightly less.

I don't know what you said in your ticket, but it may not have been specific enough to ferret out the issue as my ticket seems to have, or you just didn't get a GM who read it as clearly.

Yeah I've read that it doesn't a few months back but I don't think it never didn't give me a skill point when I've crafted something in the past (and I've leveled dozens upon dozens of professions on many alts).

Copper shouldn't be orange at mining 89

Deleted
    My first move when this sorta stuff happens is to check if I'm not maxed in that profession, and re-check if I might've forgotten to pick up the next level. That's what causes it for me 100% of the time.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, never knew the nodes were bugged, but I haven't mined copper in forever!

Well, I think that one is solved!

I think Copper Veins are currently bugged to appear as orange until they appear as grey. In other words, while it's yellow or green, it still looks orange.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbrother View Post
    I have noticed while playing an alt that Copper Nodes are always Orange, even after Tin is already on green. I think there is a bug in there, cause I mined a few without getting a skill up too. The GM is probably right, but in my 8 years of playing wow, I have yet to not get a skill up point for an orange task. (other than that copper mining node)

Last time I levelled a miner a few months ago I noticed the same thing, copper nodes remained orange while tin turned yellow and then green. Copper stopped giving points though. Don't think a reload fixed it, but since it wasn't a big issue I didn't investigate further to see if it was an addon or if it's the game that's bugged.

Deleted
    There's a bug. Copper Ore shows up as Orange despite being miles above what would give XP from it. I was mining yesterday, and Copper Ore veins were showing up as Orange, but giving me no skill points, whereas tin was yellow and giving me skill points.

Orange is a very high chance, but there's a very small chance to also not get a skill up. I've seen it happen a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    That's true on skinning. That is not true on herbing/mining.

I suspect they overlooked they were 75/75. I've done similar more than once. And it's always accompanied by a "GOD DAMMIT! I KNEW ABOUT THAT, EVEN WENT TO TOWN, THEN GOT DISTRACTED BY SOMETHING SHINY AND FORGOT TO DO IT!!! "

Omfg, This so damn much, i did it whilst getting my alchemist up, but it was at the 450/450 block, so i was trying to do the cata pots and w/e..... I screwed for 10 mins straight cause at the time the mats were bloody expensive. Probably one of my more expensive fails, cause i set it off and went afk, i made 30 or so pots without a single skill up.........