Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yes they are squishy. However there are alot of slows + vault to help out. You'll end up kiting alot and dropping traps if your damage isn't high enough. Also, you can vault out of the Jailer affixed mob's snare. The goat men attack really slow so it's pretty easy to shoot and kite. Also, despite you not being there yet at later acts you'll probably want more vitality/defensive stats than just pure dex/damage. I had some trouble getting 1-2 shot by Belial and certain elites until then. GL
    Stay salty my friends.

I've been finishing up nightmare difficulty, and have had the pleasure of playing my 49 barb with an awesome barb and demon hunter couple. I can straight up eat the damage in the face and out self-heal it wheras I am seeing the demon hunter get one shot with 1k more hp than me, (im 10k, she's 11k). That being said, she also dies less, cause of all the slow traps and crazy back flip moves, not to mention the huge bonus passively to dodge from dex stacking.

Trap, vault and bola shot are all I need to survive large groups. I runed my trap to snare to 80% and just kite around it. You just have to stay moving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. get cornered, and your gonna be treated as demon munchies. Smartest thing to do, is to always know the way out (or back a bit) and slowly work towards it. I'm noticing the tactic I'm using on my DH has reduced my deaths a bit: back peddling. Never work backwards in any direction except an escape route. Once you get your first upgrade for caltrops (can't remember the name, I think it has something to do with hooks) is will help out big time. Completely roots mobs caught in it for a few seconds. You would be amazed as how many awesome CC moves you'll get in the next 5 levels or so, and also upgrades to escape moves (like firing multiple shots while you leap)

Good luck to ya! and best of luck getting yellow x-bows

ps.. dont be a noob like me and take this long to figure out that you can dual wield two 1 handed crossbows
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

short answer.

No.

Demon Hunters have decent survivability right up their with Witch Doctors.

Deleted
    I am level 11 but what i can do with the DH now is incredible, with Vault, Caltrops(or smoke screen) i can endless run away and survive, multishot im finding the most usefull and that passive ability;

Vengeance
    Your maximum Hatred is increased by 25. In addition, gain 20 Hatred and 2 Discipline whenever you are healed by a health globe.

just use vault to jump over enimies into them and then start up shooting again, with this im finding my uptime atm is almost endless, especially when coulpled with Caltrops.

also Caltrops + vault combining them is devastaing for mobs they just will not catch you, unless you get sloppy so i would just lay a caltrops down, vault away drop more then shoot then vault back...etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed as everything dies so fast. I pretty much stand there and hold down rapid fire and everything dies in less then a few seconds, hell the only thing I had to move for were the act end bosses (expect Azmodan, I literally stood in one place and killed him in like 8 seconds) and Izual, even then the act end bosses all died in less then 20 seconds (Diablo maybe took 40 with his Terror phase).
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Vault(Rattling Roll) - 5 rolls.
    Preperation - Another 5 rolls.
    Entangling Shot(Chain Gang).

I use these, and it's rare that I ever get touched, never mind trapped ina corner and killed :P

I feel pretty squishy as DH when I take damage, but the class is pretty much about avoiding it. I usually just try to vault and THEN put a caltrops to slow'em down, run away because I'm passive for speed, rapid fire and chakram-spam the slowed ones and either hope for some tasty red globes or do a potion if necessary from the pounding I get from the foes I didn't slow or couldn't get down. Probably does shitlotta good on harder modes, but I feel awesome for now.
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

Deleted
    Playing through nightmare as a Demon Hunter I've got to agree. Trash is np, basicly everything kite-able is, but on bosses you tend to die very, very fast. Very annoying seeing my Barbarian friend just shrug damage off that brings me in the sub 10% if not just killing me outright. The boss in Act IV that teleports (his name eludes me) took me like 20 tries before having to bring in a friend. Basicly he'd just teleport right next to me and insta kill me, tried LoS'ing him tried pretty much everything and he'd just kill me before i could react.

I think it is easily doable. I'm almost through nightmare and I only have issues with specific Champion attribute combos. Fast + Fire Chain being one of these that just destroys me.

For the most part, bosses are very easy IF you change your talents before hand. I make sure to get my bola shot and super slow caltrops as well as the 20% damage if no enemies are within 20 yards and I basically stay away from the boss and burn them from a distance.

Edit: Very easy for bosses is not exactly what I mean. I wiped once on the final boss in normal and have't wiped on a boss in nightmare yet. (I've wiped maybe 10-20 times on random champion packs in nightmare though)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexxr View Post
    short answer.

No.

Demon Hunters have decent survivability right up their with Witch Doctors.
    Doesn´t mean they arent squishy - just means they are squishy, but it shouldn´t matter .

But as others said and I agree there shouldn´t be alot of issues unless you get swarmed. Died 3 times so far (2 too many ) where the first was a major screwup on my behalf, and the other two was melee enemies.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.