Page 1 of 30
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Football 2012 Summer Transfers thread.

While the window doesn't open till July 1st, several deals have already been completed and the moves will go through on the day.

This thread is for all ongoing deals, and potential speculation (though word of warning, try to pick your sources carefully, you may get laughed at for believing some "news sources"

While this thread will most likely focus on EPL related transfers, feel free to bring up news regarding your team regardless of league or country.

Also for a bit of quick reading regarding the EPL to see who's gone where see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rs_summer_2012
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say Rangers will sign no one

Cheating ofcourse since we're currently embargoed by the SFA...
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Portsmouth to sell sell sell.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I'm looking forward to Shaquiri's transfer from FC Basel to Bayern Munich. For a young and rising star that will give him a much better playing ground outside of the Swiss Super Leauge.

Whos gettin neymar?!?!?!

Interested to see who Harry brings in this summer. I'd love to say that we don't really need many players if our squad remains fit, however that seems something we can't achieve currently. Can't believe I'm saying this but I wouldn't mind if we signed Adebayor, he has really put his head down and played football with us, and if his wages can come to our level he'd be a strong signing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arsenal signed Podolski, and are front runners for M'Villa. Spurs deal for Vertonghen has stopped after Ajax wanted 13 mil pounds and the Spurs offering 8.

As far as speculation goes. Man U and Bayerm are going for Leighton Baines, City is going for ether Van Persie, Fernando Llorente or Zlatan Ibrahomovic.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

My prediction is that Man City will still spend money eventhough they have won the league... since they know Ferguson has actually got a younger team who now have more experience, and still has a few big players to come back into the team, like Fletcher and Vidic... Although i still can still see him buying a couple of players.

Id like to think that Hazard will be playing for Man Utd next season, although im more convinced he'll go for the wages at Man City.

Personally i cant wait to see who signs for who this window, because i figure everyone will try strengthen, especially Liverpool, once they get their new manager, since they will want to put this embarrassing season behind them. (Finishing below Everton and missing out on Europe isbad for them)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    My prediction is that Man City will still spend money eventhough they have won the league... since they know Ferguson has actually got a younger team who now have more experience, and still has a few big players to come back into the team, like Fletcher and Vidic... Although i still can still see him buying a couple of players.

Id like to think that Hazard will be playing for Man Utd next season, although im more convinced he'll go for the wages at Man City.

Personally i cant wait to see who signs for who this window, because i figure everyone will try strengthen, especially Liverpool, once they get their new manager, since they will want to put this embarrassing season behind them. (Finishing below Everton and missing out on Europe isbad for them)
    They didn't miss on Europe, they will be playing in the Europa League after winning the League Cup. Liverpool spent big last season and look how that turned out. The transfer window used to be amusing but now, if City wants someone they get him, they can offer more weekly pay then anyone.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Interested to see who Harry brings in this summer. I'd love to say that we don't really need many players if our squad remains fit, however that seems something we can't achieve currently. Can't believe I'm saying this but I wouldn't mind if we signed Adebayor, he has really put his head down and played football with us, and if his wages can come to our level he'd be a strong signing.
    Modric is probably gonna start talking all his bs again this summer, like he did last, not sure if we should hold on to him though, I think the Champions League Final will decide it, he is great but I'm starting to dislike him and a player like him creates unrest in the club.

A lot of talk about Vertonghen coming to Spurs to, thats one of Europes better CBs. Would be pretty great to get him but that means we gotta let some other defenders go, we can't have too many, King might have to go, as much as I like him he is too prune to injuries.

What I want, sell Modric for 35-40 million, buy a replacment, buy Vertonghen, buy a high quality striker. Sell off some of the deadwood.

Ade is too expensive as far as sallery goes. Huntelaar would be a dream come true as main striker, but might cost us too much.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-05-17 at 10:37 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not PL related but AC Milan have signed Riccardo Montolivo and Bakaye Traore.

Edit. Van Persie still hasn't decided his future. Barcelona and Juventus have pulled out of the rice to get him, cause of his age, transfer cost and wage demands. That leaves the Manchester clubs and Real Madrid still in. His situation is a lot different from Nasri and Cesc, he is turning 29 in August and Arsenal won't sell him for 20 million pounds. So he has rather few options: no1 wait for his contract to expire next year, no2 sign a 2-3 year extension with Arsenal, no3. lower his wage demands, or do what Fabregas did and cover the remainder of the asking fee out of his pocket.

I wonder if he had a mediocre season would he have signed a new contract?
    Last edited by mirodin; 2012-05-17 at 12:25 PM.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    As well as selling Berbatov, United will not be renewing Owen's contract.

That leaves us with a lineup of Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez, and Macheda if we recall him from loan. Except a new striker at United.

Will be interesting to see who picks up the #7 shirt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    As well as selling Berbatov, United will not be renewing Owen's contract.

That leaves us with a lineup of Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez, and Macheda if we recall him from loan. Except a new striker at United.

Will be interesting to see who picks up the #7 shirt.
    I hate this name

10+ Year Old Account
    Bitter memories of two goals in the 08-09 season?

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Not PL related but AC Milan have signed Riccardo Montolivo and Bakaye Traore.

Edit. Van Persie still hasn't decided his future. Barcelona and Juventus have pulled out of the rice to get him, cause of his age, transfer cost and wage demands. That leaves the Manchester clubs and Real Madrid still in. His situation is a lot different from Nasri and Cesc, he is turning 29 in August and Arsenal won't sell him for 20 million pounds. So he has rather few options: no1 wait for his contract to expire next year, no2 sign a 2-3 year extension with Arsenal, no3. lower his wage demands, or do what Fabregas did and cover the remainder of the asking fee out of his pocket.

I wonder if he had a mediocre season would he have signed a new contract?
    I really doubt Madrid have any interest in Van Persie at all when they have Karim Benzema 4 years younger scoring 32 goals this season and Higuain also 4 years younger scoring 30 this season.

Although there are rumours Higuain is unhappy, if there was a swap deal that would be pretty good for both parties but maybe Arsenal would need to put something on top due to persie's age.
    Last edited by JustaBigBird; 2012-05-18 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    Well V.Persie has delayed his new contract at Arsenal, saying he wants to see the offers from different clubs. This guy is going to rock in the summer during the European Championship

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazzi View Post
    Well V.Persie has delayed his new contract at Arsenal, saying he wants to see the offers from different clubs. This guy is going to rock in the summer during the European Championship
    Problem is Van Persie is so injury prone that he might get injured and then he won't be able to sign with any club.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Drogba has confirmed that he will be leaving Chelsea, it is likely that he will team up with Anelka in China. I'm sad to see him go but there could not be a better time for him to leave on a high and I think even non Chelsea fans will agree that the Premier League will be poorer without him.

Owen Hargreaves has been released by Man City, such a shame that injury blighted his career.
    Last edited by Pann; 2012-05-22 at 06:14 PM.

Excellent idea for a thread. Newcastle already signing more French players! Woop!

Deleted
    well, I heard chelsea are going for modric, falcao and hulk.