Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Funny you ask, I am currently working on a blog that answers this very question!

Stay tuned, probably Monday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    Funny you ask, I am currently working on a blog that answers this very question!

Stay tuned, probably Monday.
    Hehe, if you notice it's actually a really, really old necro. My last post there was just a sort of backtrack to thank all of the people here who were nice and helpful to me when I began the game. It gave me hope, and with determination, I ended up making something very good for myself out of the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Because there is no reason to be nice to anyone on your server thanks to random group finder tools and most people are naturally cocksucking assholes without threat of being blackballed.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleze View Post
    Hehe, if you notice it's actually a really, really old necro. My last post there was just a sort of backtrack to thank all of the people here who were nice and helpful to me when I began the game. It gave me hope, and with determination, I ended up making something very good for myself out of the game
    This fact will not deter me from answering the question everyone yearns to know!

*shakes fist*

I have on many occasions talked about how difficult it is for us experienced players to judge just what the game is like for someone new to the game or even to the genre.
    I have a harsh experience even as a long-term player, so I dread to think what it could be like for a new player.

So I would be interested in seeing this blog it is up.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Because there is no reason to be nice to anyone on your server thanks to random group finder tools and most people are naturally cocksucking assholes without threat of being blackballed.
    People like that were always like that.
    Just before they had their closed little groups and so tended to interact with less of the community.
    Now they have tools to put them into a bigger audience.
    A lot more visible than they used to be.
    Unfortunately those players are the ones that make the biggest impact on new players, and doing more harm to the game community than anything else.

It is easy to forget what it was like to be the newbie.
    It is something we really should try to think about more, since I strongly believe the poor experience for a lot of new players is why the game is simply not keeping hold of them, and therefore being a large part of the sub losses.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-07-27 at 01:43 PM.

I personally think that if a party votes to kick someone when they are in the really low levels it should reverse itself and kick anyone that votes Yes. Because seriously, you could not press a single ability and finish one of these dungeons. just an unlucky bad experience OP - give it another try, im sure you will get a group that says nothing to anyone and finishes flawlessly whether your stats suck or not.

Also, worry about your stats when you start approaching level 80+ they will start to matter then.

Deleted
    because theyre nasty pasties (works better with a northern accent)

Deleted
    Enjoy your time in the World of Warcraft OP, don't forget to go outside every couple of days...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucarocks92 View Post
    get use to it. online gaming is full of ignorant selfish greedy players that only care about themselves, but in real life they cant act like that cos they know they cant get away with it but online they can.
    Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazie View Post
    From what i've gathered. The players who acts like that. Talking crap about other people's gear etc. Are usually bad themselves.
    Not in my experiences, it's usually just the people who realize that you're basically told what to do now and have no patience for the people that choose not to read everything that pops up on their screen. Either way, if the OP knows how to take criticism constructively he could probably become a better player because of it.

EDIT: I would like to say to the OP, welcome, don't get discouraged, and please for all that is good in this world read everything you can about Druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy you pushed through it Deleze. It does take a little while to get into the swing of WOW and how you are expected to behave but it doesn't take too long (just feels like it does at the time).

Deleted
    Has nothing to do with wow. A better question would be "Why are people on the Internet so nasty?". Because they want to and they can get away with it. The urge to troll, to piss off, for no other reason than having fun at the expense of another, is an integral part of human nature and it will never go away.

Grow a thicker skin and deal with it. It may sound callous but this is what you should do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this due to the necro.

I realize you were bumping it up to say thank you for the former advice, OP, but people tend to respond to initial posts only and not read through the whole thread. I'm closing this to avoid any confusion since the original date was so long ago.