10+ Year Old Account

Angry And so it starts!

The start of Price jacking!

God help us when Real World Currency comes into affect in this game!
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Just idiots being idiots. I've found a ton of cheap rare items thus far.

Deleted
    And so it (supply and demand) begins, indeed.

You do realize that jacking up prizes won't mean squat, if no one will pay the higher prizes, right?
    And that nothing is wrong with doing it, if people WILL pay them, right?

Supply and demand.

10+ Year Old Account
    New game, new players. No prices set in stone. People post high, people pay high.

Supply and demand. Everything settles down.

Or have you never ever in your life looked at a market anywhere in the world ever?

It's cool just buy my auctions at reasonable prices. Let the dumdums post their stuff for millions and take up auction slots with items that will never sell.

Actually, the D3 AH is shockingly underpriced right now. Nothing is going to sell for millions when the exact same thing is listed for 8000. I don't see the prices rising until a lot more people get to max and start farming.

You do realize that right this instant there's a Crystal Fist(the legendary weapon in your screenshot) listed for 8000g buyout, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Actually, the D3 AH is shockingly underpriced right now. Nothing is going to sell for millions when the exact same thing is listed for 8000. I don't see the prices rising until a lot more people get to max and start farming.

You do realize that right this instant there's a Crystal Fist(the legendary weapon in your screenshot) listed for 8000g buyout, right?
    Got brought out already
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Millions of gold in Diablo 3 is pretty lulz TBH. The game itself hemorrhages gold directly into your inventory. I'm barely started on act 3 on normal difficulty and I've probably spent well into the 6 digits worth of gold on silly wasteful things because of how ridiculously easy it is to come by.

I think it would be reasonable to expect prices for higher level items to settle in the 10s of millions, and the more sought after pieces in the 100s of millions; which would be reasonable for an economy that could in theory create or destroy a quadrillion gold every few days.

Don't forget, Diablo doesn't have silver and copper like wow. So by that merit 1 million Diablo 3 gold = 100 WoW gold. But once you factor in the differences in the games I would probably compare 1 million Diablo 3 gold to about 1,000 WoW gold, maybe less, because somebody could in theory open up a private game and do nothing but faceroll around for gold and probably rake in a million in just a couple of hours.

So your 5 million gold crystal fist, is like if a Deathwing weapon could be placed on AH in WoW, except somebody only put it up there for 5000 gold, and there was an endless supply of them.

But again, gold is nearly useless in the Diablo universe, and it hemorrhages out of every corner of Sanctuary straight into your inventory. So the prices you showed there were pretty reasonable.

Set the maximum buyout to what you think is a fair price. You might be surprised to find a lot of the same items are still there, just buried under the madness.