Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Diablo 3 PVP - please NO!

In before you read further: it's just an opinion and this ain't my first language

Hey guys! Just wanted to put it out there - don't you think that bringing PVP in Diablo 3 might ruin it? Why? Some of abilities and combinations for some classes are so awesome that unquestioningly will be super imbalanced in PVP and will bring such a whine fest and "balancing" from blizzard side might ruin part of the fun those abilities bring in PVE. So this is my concern... to be affected by all the hustle going on PVP.

Have a good day everyone, and keep enjoying darn best fun game in last couple years

PvP is the only reason I play any online game.
    Games without PvP are ruined for me, and I fail to see the point.

Deleted
    If Blizzard would completely pull out the intended PvP side of the game, it would most likely be the only thing that could stop me from playing this fantastic game.

Deleted
    Oh, so you not afraid that pvp balancing might mess up some of abilities that currently are sorta OP? I wish i had same belief But opinion is opinion so not criticizing. Hopefully they pull that (bringing in pvp) off perfectly and those that are like me can still play without seeing walls of balancing changes every week tweaking classes for sake of tweaks (so ppl jump to alts like its in WoW).

Deleted
    Hope Blizzard just does it right this time and makes each ability have 2 base values; 1 that is used when you attack a pve target, 1 that is used when you attack a pvp target. Shouldn't be too hard to implement and instatly gets rid of any pve-vs-pvp balancing issues. If something is too op in pvp just nerf the pvp base value, and vice versa.

Deleted
    I've not played my Diablo 3 yet, but from the streams and videos PvP will be amazing!

Deleted
    Yea, I hope they implement it how Voidmaster said. But blizzard might come up with will-be-too-unintuitive card like they do in wow But i really wish they could step over it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    PvP is the only reason I play any online game.
    Games without PvP are ruined for me, and I fail to see the point.
    As is for me.

I wouldn't play if they never implemented PVP. It'd be boring, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    In before you read further: it's just an opinion and this ain't my first language

Hey guys! Just wanted to put it out there - don't you think that bringing PVP in Diablo 3 might ruin it? Why? Some of abilities and combinations for some classes are so awesome that unquestioningly will be super imbalanced in PVP and will bring such a whine fest and "balancing" from blizzard side might ruin part of the fun those abilities bring in PVE. So this is my concern... to be affected by all the hustle going on PVP.

Have a good day everyone, and keep enjoying darn best fun game in last couple years
    I'd never participate in a D3 game with PVP enabled, so it wouldn't harm me if they added it. Therefore I don't care.

Blizzard isn't going to balance it.

Deleted
    If ppl play Diablo for mainly pvp and to have it balanced they are looking at the wrong game. D2 wasnt really balanced. It was ok but not balanced. And I still loved it. Was also fun you could join random games and gank/pvp which u cant now and that is a shame. I mean if you dont want just dont open the game to public.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Blizzard isn't going to balance it.
    Of course not. But I'd not be shocked if they did make massive and unwarranted class changes in the NAME of "balance".
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Of course not. But I'd not be shocked if they did make massive and unwarranted class changes in the NAME of "balance".
    I mean they literally will not change anything but exploits for PvP's sake.

Agreed. I was just thinking about that today. So many immunities and other stuff. I mean DH even has a vanish on top of a "reccup" rogues anyone.. I got into WoW pvp pretty heavily but I just foresee a headache here. Fotm on top of min max gearing

Deleted
    Diablo 3 PvP will be unique to say the least. Hopefully it won't be just one or two classes dominating.

No, Diablo is all about being an overpowered one man army.
    how can you even translate that into a PvP game?
    1- it doesnt make sense, there is no strife between any playable factions.
    2- the fun in Diablo comes from slaughtering huge armies by using your skills in a clever way.
    in a 1v1 or 20v20 battle that will never come out properly. it is too different of what Diablo is
    3- impossible to balance especially when you dont want to affect the true PvE aspect of the game.
    if I as a demon hunter get caught in melee I drop health fast, a Barb jumping onto me would probably almost insta kill me.
    4- I think I heard there were around 2000 different specs possible per character, if any combination of skills, runes and talents is overpowered it breaks the game.
    and thats not even considering team play some abilities of the different classes combined would be insanely overpowered.

the only possible way PvP could be in Diablo would be like forcing Virtua Tennis into FIFA football (but they are both sport games right?)
    2 completely different games that can only share the art.
    Last edited by Magruun; 2012-05-18 at 10:41 PM.

There is almost no point to D3 PVP, its an arena system... wooo... no gear drops, nothing is gained.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you don't have to PvP and it won't imbalance moves.

blizzard wont be balancing for pvp purposes in d3... they stated that months ago. Pvp will be there for pure fun and thats it