Question Regarding Diablo 3 and RNG loot

Hello, my friends and I have been enjoying the game quite a bit. We are currently pushing act three on Nightmare (not too far ahead however we are in no rush). One thing that we noticed was that the loot from bosses is absolute crap; my question is this, at what point should we expect to see more "improved" loot? I understand how the loot works, I played Diablo 2, though I could not help but feel slightly disappointed when we killed the last bosses in A1 & A2 and they drop crap such as Boots with +11 Str, +17 Vitality. If a similar thread has been made, my apologies

10+ Year Old Account
    Just killed Nightmare Butcher tonight with a group of 3 , we got shit blues too

Deleted
    Rare and bosses drop the same amount of loot. And it's all about luck finding the good items. Blizzard has stated that you will only get alot of loot first time you kill a boss. This does not reset when going to higher dificultiet, would probably explain why you arent getting that good loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovacor View Post
    Hello, my friends and I have been enjoying the game quite a bit. We are currently pushing act three on Nightmare (not too far ahead however we are in no rush). One thing that we noticed was that the loot from bosses is absolute crap; my question is this, at what point should we expect to see more "improved" loot? I understand how the loot works, I played Diablo 2, though I could not help but feel slightly disappointed when we killed the last bosses in A1 & A2 and they drop crap such as Boots with +11 Str, +17 Vitality. If a similar thread has been made, my apologies
    Just finished Nightmare with my brother, none of the bosses dropped yellow gear. We found that the most powerful gear comes in at the beginning of act 3 on Nightmare.

Blizzard have stated the best gear is more likely to come from the rare/champion packs, not from bosses. This was to prevent people simply "boss-running" for the best loot in the end-game.

I think the first kill of a boss is guaranteed to drop yellow, but your first kill was on normal mode so after that it reverts to normal boss loot behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRik View Post
    Blizzard have stated the best gear is more likely to come from the rare/champion packs, not from bosses. This was to prevent people simply "boss-running" for the best loot in the end-game.

I think the first kill of a boss is guaranteed to drop yellow, but your first kill was on normal mode so after that it reverts to normal boss loot behaviour.
    Alright, this makes sense. Thanks for the responses!

stack magic find gear. eventually you will get something good. Just started Nightmare but so far I have gotten plenty of yellows with sockets and 30-40 dex/str/vit on the same armor. Running with 70% MF now and I get yellows from kicking bodies and destroying barrels its ridiculous. Weapons I have shit luck with I just buy those off the AH and drop red gems in them.