Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreary View Post
    I agree with TB on this one. Somewhere along the way Blizz lost it's passion for making immersive games and now centers the entire experience around how to make the most profit. It's really shameful too because they used to be a phenomenal developer. I wonder who will come up now in the next few years to take their place.
    Ironically, making immersive games is the best way to make the most profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    so, if its that obvious, why does a huge experienced professional games company like Blizzard set their game release up so that there will be millions of people logging on at the same time? either they saw this coming, and didnt care, or didnt see it coming in which case it doesnt say much about the technical expertise they have at their disposal.
    You know what they should have done... if they didn't want to spend the money on additional servers (shame on them), they could have released to users in order of purchase... so the first million to buy the game get in the first day, the second million the second day, etc... I wonder if that would have worked..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aekya View Post
    Why do people assume right away that anyone who speaks ill of diablo 3 is a biased "sob"?
    I LOVE diablo 1, 2, wc 1, 2, 3, sc 1, 2, and played wow, i AM a blizzard fan in general.
    But diablo 3? it doesnt look like a blizzard game aside from the fluffy graphism (which isnt even diablo graphism ) it feels like an indie 30buck steam game, not an AAA blizzard one, and i didnt even have the connection/installation/latency/queue/driver problems.

People have opinions, have tastes, deal with it instead of covering it all with "biased" or "whinny". Talk about the three monkeys uh?

And your last phrase suggests he should lie/alter his view because he "owes" blizzard his fame (so famous i never heard of him before :P), no, wrong, he owes his fame from the population, if it wasnt for sc2/cata would have been some other game that has a good player base, and not due to the game, but the player base.

He is very right on the piracy part however, and it is annoying as hell that legit players are the ones who pay for it, while piracy deals no money loss, most of the people who pirate wouldnt buy the game in the first place (likely because they cant)
    Anyway... who cares :P back to enjoying the game
    Apart from the fact that he said "I dont like this genre" and then 5 minutes later goes "I love Torchlight 2, cuz the combat is better (spoiler: it isnt)

TotalBunny lost his objectivity a long time ago. Now he's just a sad whiner raking in cash from his delusional fanboiiis.

If i hear him whine about FoV options one more time I'll personally travel to the USA and punch him in the throat.

Tone down the language ~ Dakia
    Last edited by Dakia; 2012-05-17 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Ironically, making immersive games is the best way to make the most profit.
    I know... but alot of people don't "get it"... you'd be surprised 9/10 business people don't understand that sacrificing integrity for a quick buck is netting them less money than they'd get longterm if they maintained their product's integrity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreary View Post
    You know what they should have done... if they didn't want to spend the money on additional servers (shame on them), they could have released to users in order of purchase... so the first million to buy the game get in the first day, the second million the second day, etc... I wonder if that would have worked..
    The people, who bought the game later, would've been pissed off.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is obvious that a great deal of the people in this thread can't have a constructive discussion on the merits of TB's points without using vile insults. That isn't a defense of what he said, just an observation of the users in this thread.