Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 1.3 on PTS *Soon*

Hoping they won't put it out at 1am Friday EST again... but we'll see how soon soon is.

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Hey folks,

I just wanted to clear up some things and let you know that we are listening and that more information regarding Game Update 1.3 will be coming soon. We’re in internal testing on the major features right now, and we’re getting closer every day to deploying Game Update 1.3 to the Public Test Server – but we can’t guarantee there won’t still be hurdles. We’re also working on several new developer blogs about Game Update 1.3 that we know you want to hear more about (including one about character transfer details). We know that you’re looking for specific details, but we want to avoid releasing any information that is incomplete. Rest assured that we are absolutely listening and are working to bring you the information you want.

We appreciate your discussions here on the forums and we’ll try our best to step in wherever we can (and we’re always here reading, gathering your concerns, and passing them on internally), but there will be times when we really can’t say anything. As a result, you’re going to be hearing a lot of “soon” and “we’re working on it” because that’s as specific as we can get right now. When we can get more specific, we will. If we’re quiet, it doesn’t mean we’re not listening and it certainly doesn’t mean we’re not working to bring you more information – our goal is to always bring you accurate information as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience as our developers continue to work diligently on maintaining the quality of Game Update 1.3 and releasing it to you soon.

(Source)

What happened to Nightmare Denova?
    Or Rated WZs?

I think it would be silly to think that 1.3 would be on the PTS for less than a month. Which still gives them time to get those things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fannyd View Post
    Or Rated WZs?
    What do you mean "what happened" to them?

When someone says "McDonald's serves hamburgers" that doesn't mean they don't also serve Chicken McNuggets.

They announced 1.3 soon. They didn't say a word about what specifically was or was not included (in fact, they said they can't say a lot).

TL;DR - slow down.

Or Rated WZs?
    " (including one about character transfer details)."

We can forgive a delay in Nightmare Denova and Rated WZ's if the give us server transfers and LFG.

I think it is more that we were expecting (I think they specifically said but I can't remember for sure) that those things were going to be out before 1.3. They still have some time on it, since 1.3 is only about to be on the PTS. But it I can see how having 1.3 being put on the PTS soon would annoy people who have been waiting for those other things and they haven't mentioned them at all lately.

I would think Nightmare Denova would be before this or on PTS at the same time?

I really don't see the point of Ranked WZ's until transfers/merges unless you want really long queues.

I'm looking forward to the group finder a lot more than I thought I would. Don't care much for the augment stuff though.

just give me the transfer and lfg i couldn't give 2 shits about anything else in the patch
    Bane

Transfers look like they are not actually related to Patch 1.3.

To clarify, we are working on a blog about character transfer details in ADDITION to development blogs about Game Update 1.3. The two are not necessarily tied together.

(Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Transfers look like they are not actually related to Patch 1.3.

To clarify, we are working on a blog about character transfer details in ADDITION to development blogs about Game Update 1.3. The two are not necessarily tied together.

(Source)
    I believe they originally had planned for the transfers to be in before 1.3. What's the point of ranked pvp when servers barely have enough to support 8v8 teams.

I don't like how "blizzard" this sounds.

I hate the time frame of "soon", it gives such false hope since it essentially means nothing since soon is so interpretive.

I'd much rather them not give false hope like blizzard constantly does and ignore people asking for a release date until they actually have a date.

"Soon" should stay with blizzard since they already have people who worship them no matter how much they deliver disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post

I hate the time frame of "soon", it gives such false hope since it essentially means nothing since soon is so interpretive.

I'd much rather them not give false hope like blizzard constantly does and ignore people asking for a release date until they actually have a date.

"Soon" should stay with blizzard since they already have people who worship them no matter how much they deliver disappointment.
    They have to use the term "Soon" because the future is unpredictable. They may aspire to release something within 30 days, but within those 30 days, something unexpected happens and now they gotta delay that feature. If they had announced it with a timestamp people would get upset about the delay, but if they had just said "Soon!" they can delay it without so much complaints.

Its also why when its time to release a game, they dont announce a release date until everything is done and there is absolutely nothing that can stop the release from happening.

I'm afraid all MMO companies will still need to cling to ambiguous terms regarding release dates, until the gamer population is mature enough to not complain about even the most mundane things (which is something I'm afraid will never happen U_U)

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    What do you mean "what happened" to them?

When someone says "McDonald's serves hamburgers" that doesn't mean they don't also serve Chicken McNuggets.

They announced 1.3 soon. They didn't say a word about what specifically was or was not included (in fact, they said they can't say a lot).

TL;DR - slow down.
    What the fuck has McDonalds got to do with this?
    Learn how to use an analogy. Stupid yank.

My issue is that the game is dying, every single day that we don't get server merges/transfers thousands of people quit.

They still haven't followed through (or even given an update) on promises that were given months ago (rwzs/nightmare) and yet they talk about a 1.3 hitting PTR. That's both worrying and disrespectful.

<Please post respectfully>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-05-18 at 10:16 AM.

What the fuck has McDonalds got to do with this?
    Learn how to use an analogy. Stupid yank.

My issue is that the game is dying, every single day that we don't get server merges/transfers thousands of people quit.

They still haven't followed through (or even given an update) on promises that were given months ago (rwzs/nightmare) and yet they talk about a 1.3 hitting PTR. That's both worrying and disrespectful.
    It;s funny when people don't understand an analogy or metaphor then call the other person stupid.

To many people an analogy/metaphor apparently can't exist it seems because they don't understand you use one example to describe the situation of another. You didn't get it but blamed the person trying to get a point across to you (the person throwing a fit while not understanding).

I understood Leadsop's point perfectly, You seemed to have skimmed saw the word McDonalds then flew off the handle. I don't know what you possibly expect from an analogy since his was fine. "Bioware didn't mention transfers/nightmare in this one instance but that doesn't mean they are not being worked on" That's the flat out point Leadsop was making, basically, he used the relate-able subject of fast food not always serving ONLY what some people say in a single statement. Not every statement given describes every single thing a company is doing otherwise this would be quite the business statement you'd be reading.

In short, Cool down and think. Things like nightmare mode and transfers are likely still coming they just didn't state the whole companies every single move this one time like you apparently expect them to do every time they open their mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Roomer has it that there will be a HK-51 companion coming in 1.3 for all classes...I hope this to be true .

No, it was just a shit analogy.
    Someone sounds a little pissed because they didnt understand the analogy and had it pointed out to them. On to the topic at hand though, like people have already pointed out, the company does not have to give away all the info when they make a statement. Just because they didn't announce it YET doesnt mean that it wont be in the patch. According to the post, the patch isnt even on PTR yet so this leads me to believe there is no patch notes. So calm down, wait and watch. Nothing is final until patch hits live servers anyways

So much anger =(

Fannyd needs a hug.

Please post constructively. In the future just report the post and move on. -Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-05-22 at 12:42 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

McDonalds:

So I was walking past a newly setup McDonalds a few months ago with some buddies. As I passed next to it, the manager came out and told us that they were about to start selling some hamburgers. 'hamburgers', I said, 'well I'd like one of those. Let's go inside.'

A few minutes later the manager got up on the front desk and announced that the hamburgers were ready. Well, almost ready. For the time being though he gave us some chips and drinks and told us to wait by the side.

After a fairly long while had passed I looked around and realised that hardly any of my friends were still waiting for these hamburgers. 'no matter', I thought. 'they will be sweet when they come. I'm sure my mates are just outside having a fag anyway. They'll come back when the hamburgers arrive '

Another fairly long while goes by and the manager finally emerges from behind the counter (he'd been on the phone the whole time telling various people about his plans for expanding the McDonalds). 'Hey guys, guess what. We've got some awesome new chicken nuggets coming very soon.'

'that's great, what about my fucking hamburger?'
    'it's coming'
    'fuck this, I'm off to Burger King.'
    Not the situation here at all. I know you have extrapolated a little fantasy world where you believe that is whats happening but it's not the case. You are just running wild with your little fit.

If it is the semantics of what an analogy is then that's even sadder. Especially since you brought up the word "analogy", leadsop never explicitly claimed to be making an analogy.

You don't seem to understand either way, you are seeing what you want to see and getting worked up over nothing. Post didn't mention these things so you assumed the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post

They have made the mistake of trying to give ppl hard dates on coming updates and patches and it came back to bite them in the ass. There is a reason why other game developers don't do it and BW learned the hard way. Luckily the players don't often take them at their word, any other industry you tell a customer somethign will be done at a time or date and you fall short in the case of ranked wz by months and you are in serious trouble.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    1.3 and server transfers are NOT tied together but I still think that would come in about the same time. Server transfers are a game breaking solver and would be up as soon as possible. 1.3 would be a tool patch mostly, little contend but their trying to add some convenient for the players