Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Bored already...What do you find engaging ?

So, I'm no longtime diablo player, but I picked up Diablo 3 with the annual pass offer, and after blowing through Normal and doing some of Nightmare, I'm already bored as hell. Can someone please explain to me what they feel is engaging about D3? I don't like trodding through the exact same game content (bar some random dungeon creation).. but what bugs me is WoW is just as repetitive, but I don't get bored with WoW, so I'm really at a loss as to why I'm so bored. Also, Error 3007 is ridiculously annoying and I DC every 15-30 mins, despite seldom DCing from WoW or SC2 (maybe once every 2 weeks)....

Don't assume that reaching level 2 (nightmare) is the end of the game or boring. I don't think you have gotten far in nightmare to find some difficult bosses.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

So, I'm no longtime diablo player
    I don't like trodding through the exact same game content
    Contradiction.

I think you missed the word 'no' in there Fencers.

Most of the lure in Diablo is killing strong mobs, getting rare item drops, and making your character as strong as possible. A lot of people are driven by the desire to get perfectly allocated items. If that doesn't interest you, no harm done, and there's little reason to keep playing a game you don't enjoy, even if there are others who do enjoy it.

I really just enjoy D3 because I never play Dungeon Crawler/Hack n Slash games. It's a pretty nice breath of fresh air, especially with a Semi-MMO feel to it, I can play alone if I'm feeling anti-social and if I wanna game with some friends, I can. Plus the narration during live combat is a nice touch. I always enjoy getting to know my character, especially if they are a premade Hero.

All in all, I am enjoying it, but once again, "to each their own".

Do some research on a game before buying it. If you don't like killing the same content on a much harder difficulty over and over, the game isn't for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you aren't enjoying D3, it may well not be a game for you. If you have to 'look for' or 'find' a reason to enjoy it... It just may not be a game you like.

I'm sure LoL, or MW3, or Draw Something are great games. I just dont like them.

BOTH GAMES CAUSE ME TO FALL ASLEEP!!! for different reasons tho,...

when i play wow i cant stop so eventually i just run out of energy and fall asleep (on keyboard).

when i play diablo 3 i fall asleep cuz its so damn boring.

these are actual stories that are not made up. true stories

however i do really like the graphics and cinema and like some of the other stuff... lore, how the game is set up is just great. however, its flaw is fundamental.

combine fable 2 with diablo 3 and there is a great game right there.
    Last edited by lockattack; 2012-05-17 at 09:17 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'd feel the same way if I bought the game. I played the beta through and that's the entire game, pretty much. Once you played through the story, the game is slaying mobs and picking up loot. That's it.

I'm not hating on the game, to each their own, I just don't find it particularly appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Contradiction.
    LOL learn to read before you post stuff like that, idiot.

Anyways, if you don't enjoy the challenge that the later difficulties bring you, then you should stop playing, there's nothing more for you for you won't get gear for PvP unless you trod through the exact same game content, but harder, and more fun, and challenging.

Mod Edit: Don't insult people please.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-05-17 at 09:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Contradiction.
    Some people are so focused on being a "smartass" they forget about the "smart".

He was talking about nightmare vs normal.
    Not that I agree with the OP, though.

The only flaw is that the game is easy.

Blizzard should stop trying so hard to make the games "accessible" to everyone.
    The game should be hard from Act I in Normal difficulty.
    As in overwhelming if you rush.
    Requiring some leveling for veterans.
    Requiring alot of leveling and/or learning for newbie players.
    Requiring newbie players to learn the game well in order to advance into harder modes.

Difficulty (challenge vs skill) that can be overcome with leveling and/or gear is welcome.
    Overwhelming difficulty (challenge vs skill) that can't be overcome with leveling or gear should be reserved for end game.
    ---

If you change from blindfold, dangling loot piñata to loot giveaway it kinda loses its spark, mm?
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2012-05-17 at 09:25 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    The same as any other game, the sense of progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Either you enjoy tackling increasingly harder difficulties and grinding for gear or you don't. It isn't for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by lockattack View Post
    BOTH GAMES CAUSE ME TO FALL ASLEEP!!! for different reasons tho,...

when i play wow i cant stop so eventually i just run out of energy and fall asleep (on keyboard).

when i play diablo 3 i fall asleep cuz its so damn boring.

these are actual stories that are not made up. true stories

however i do really like the graphics and cinema and like some of the other stuff... lore, how the game is set up is just great. however, its flaw is fundamental.

combine fable 2 with diablo 3 and there is a great game right there.
    If you run out of energy playing WoW, you need to see a doctor. Like, immediately.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i find the story engaging thats why i play it. but im sort of like you, i have no zeal/desire to play the game on a harder difficulty. i play games for the story for the most part so once the campaign is done it becomes a social aspect, i play it whenever a few friends want to but rarely any other time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    If you run out of energy playing WoW, you need to see a doctor. Like, immediately.
    Or a PT for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Fun combat, fun events, playing together with a full group for awesome action and violent blood and gore!
    It's fun to play Barbarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Or a PT for that matter.
    my bed usually does the trick. lay in it for about 8 hrs and im ready to go again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    I think you missed the word 'no' in there Fencers.
    LOL, I did. Read it as "an" for some reason.

Apologies to the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Contradiction.
    I think that fencers is trying to say that the contradiction is if your a longtime diablo player and dont like trodding through same game content then thats a contradiction because being a longtime diablo player is basically trodding through the same game content. Hence he/she is correct.