Class-type that plays like D2 Paladin

I enjoyed the play-style of using huge life-steal and mana-steal, and charged with a lance...
    Charge + knock-back allowed for repeated charging, and I rarely ever got hit. Yes, it was pretty much i-win, but that's how I wanted to play.

Does D3 offer anything similar to the abilities the Paladin of D2 had?
    Else, I might look at the Barbarian.
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.

Deleted
    Monk has charge, knockback, heal [the only outgoing heal in the game, and it's pretty powerful], and can use similar weapons but I think dual wielding is standard to maintain spirit generation. Doesn't feel Paladin-y though, very distinctly a Monk. Hope you have fun either way, my friend from overseas loves her Barb.

I will probably only play HC... if that makes a difference
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I could think of was the Hammerdin, and there's no class that I can think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Barb would be closest.

I'd say Monk is probably closest to the Paladin. They have Mantras which are essentially just Pally Aura's. Their active skills are kind of a combination between Paladin skills and Assassin martial art skills. It's a very very fun class though. Mine is currently level 25 and I'm having a blast

Also, if you're planning on playing HC, you can't make an HC character until level 10 I believe? So maybe level a Monk to 10, make a new one if you like it or try the Barb if you don't like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Monk has charge, knockback, heal [the only outgoing heal in the game, and it's pretty powerful], and can use similar weapons but I think dual wielding is standard to maintain spirit generation. Doesn't feel Paladin-y though, very distinctly a Monk. Hope you have fun either way, my friend from overseas loves her Barb.
    Get a strong 2h and that one passive (forgot the name, gives 15% dodge when dualwielding and 25% extra spirit generation when 2h wielding).
    I combine that with the 7minuute mantra passive ( because it gives spirit regen automatically) and the hp per ??spirit spent.

If you use Thunderclap the atacks are decent speed combined with the +25% generation it will give you plenty of spirit to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.