Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The reason why Diablo 3 is gathering hate. It dwarves other on line playings ...

http://www.xfire.com/

Or how about this one ... http://www.xfire.com/genre/rpg/role-playing/

Yep, like a rocket...

I bet you 80% of those haters are the ones playing traditional MMORPG's pissing in their pants right now

Of course Diablo 3 is an on line game with a real player economy ... the upcoming and over hyped single server MMO players don't like to see this coming.

Too late.

Diablo 3 is MUCH better suited to on line play in 2012. No dying single shard servers, no down time, always finding groups in 2 seconds and FUN FAST on line play...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-05-18 at 12:07 AM.

There will always be people who just hate what's popular.

Give it a few weeks. Once everyone's played through it a couple times they'll be back to whatever game they usually play. Like every other game release.

Quote Originally Posted by Spammer of the Horde View Post
    Give it a few weeks. Once everyone's played through it a couple times they'll be back to whatever game they usually play. Like every other game release.
    Absolutely. Most of D2's players didn't play it religiously after the first bit, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Spammer of the Horde View Post
    Wrong with the combo of gear chase and RMAH and on line play.

Not even talking about the upcoming "fun" PvP...

This game will be top rocking all over those OLD copycats with empty single server play.

The hate you see is coming from old fashioned MMORPG players who "defend" their (upcoming) game toward the "new kid" on the block.

ALways has been like that, but unfortunately, Diablo 3 is ON LINE mode now....

... And they don't like it. They react out of fear.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-05-18 at 12:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    the upcoming and over hyped single server MMO players don't like to see this coming.
    if I am reading this right, then your comparing Diablo to an MMO. Which it is not.

There is no reason for the players who play MMO's of any genre to be "pissing their pants" as they are two different game styles.
    Most you can have in a game in D3 is 4. in an MMO its pretty much the whole sever if they wanted to.

There has certainly not been 0 down time...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

no down time
    What.

Regardless, since when was Diablo 3 an MMORPG? And people still use xfire?

What is this data supposed to tell us? That Diablo III is this months "next big thing". Re-post this amazing finding in a month or two after the "next, next big thing" comes along and see where your at.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    What.

Regardless, since when was Diablo 3 an MMORPG? And people still use xfire?
    Since it TOOK a HUGE chunk out of the MMORPG market...

http://www.xfire.com/genre/rpg/role-playing/

You know any other On line game with an economic system and market place of around 500.000 players on one server ?

Since it TOOK a HUGE chunk out of the MMORPG market...

http://www.xfire.com/genre/rpg/role-playing/

You know any other On line game with an economic system and market place of around 500.000 players on one server ?
    So does linking the same page repeatedly prove a point?

It's still not an MMORPG. And xfire statistics still aren't an accurate representation of anything.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate it but i don't love it, its OK.... I'm just playing it sometimes i think i have played about 2 hours so far in total. But hearing that you can finish the game in about 7-15 hours is a bit disappointing. TBH I don't really know what i was expecting as I never really played the first 2. I didn't grad me to the point that I want to play it all the time. The thing that really shits me about the game is when you get disconnected you have to start that part again, first 2 days I couldn't play it before of all the problems and now this morning i got disconnected and couldn't log back on so I gave up on it.

I was pretty disappointing with how the launch was rather bad with servers down and people unable to login. The predownload files didnt work and i had to redownload the game again. I guess being blizzard and running wow they should be well prepared, so that was a bit of a let down on their behalf.
    Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 7 64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
    Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB - Gigabyte GTX680 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

So does linking the same page repeatedly prove a point?

It's still not an MMORPG.
    What's in a name when the game overtook all other on line games overnight ...

No game did this EVER on Xfire.

The last one that did this was WOW, all the rest were stuck at around 5-10 with rather low population scores...

What's in a name when the game overtook all other on line games overnight ...

No game did this EVER on Xfire.

The last one that did this was WOW, all the rest were stuck at around 5-10 with rather low population scores...
    Not going to argue with you over it. I can already tell you won't listen to a word I say.

X-fire would only be accurate if at least 90% of all MMO gamers used it. I mean how many people even use it?

Not going to argue with you over it. I can already tell you won't listen to a word I say.
    Because I listed in the head of this thread why people want to NEGATE the NATURE of Diablo 3...

Diablo 3 is ... an ON LINE game in 2012 with a player driven ECONOMY of at least 500K to 1M players on line.

Face it: it is FAR better suited to become a long term success than ANY MMO right now in 2012.

... FUN gear chase meets real money economy with no empty servers... on line ...

So that's the hate explained coming from the MMORPG boys ...: you hate the new successful kid in town.

The reactions to even the reference of Xfire and the rocket position of Diablo 3 in there speaks ... volumes already why I HIT the right note...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-05-18 at 12:29 AM.

If there is one thing you can count on MMO Champ posters for, its their penchant for extreme exaggerations. And smelling.

I do understand that this is not a MMO game, but it could as well be. I mean... When was the last time you went questing with 4 people in wow? Proabably never. Instancces in most MMO's allow 5 players, so this is one short.

All you needed for this to be a full specced MMO is a 10 man raid and 10 000 people standing on your NPC so you can't deliver quests and people that go around and killsteal =P

On the negative side, no World PvP )=

<Mindless hyping>
    Yes yes, very nice, but in a few months time once the initial rush has died down it will be just like any other game. I don't particularly think that D3 has done anything to stand out from the crowd, it barely improves on it's predecessor, once people have played the story through, tried a couple of classes that interest them, it'll drop off to just those that truly loved D1/2 who wanted an updated version, and that will be that.

Comments about RMAH and PvP driving this game are frankly delusional, though hilarious to read

1/10.

D3 is not gonna last long, Inferno has pretty much been cleared save for akt 4.

New games always draw attention for a few weeks, then it goes back to normal. The thought of D3 drawing players from Mmorpgs make no sense, people play D3 for different reasons that they would play an ordinary MMO, neither can give the same experience.