Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lukesh View Post
    it's an achievement, you don't have to do it.
    Real talk ^

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it's an achievment to go for, as I only have horde characters .So I don't see anything wrong with this one. :-)
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Why is this thread still open? The OP's ridiculous claim of "blizz is implementing achievements to get people to switch faction" is...ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I like the Idea, and the cross realm zones as well ... If you however do not like all these new ideas then you could always stop paying Blizzard money rather than qqing about them trying to give us more to do...because so many people qq about nothing to do...lol

It's kinda retarded to claim this is supposed to help faction balance, if anything it will make it worse because the people on dead factions will roll on a better one and stay there. Still, it's an achievement so you can either do it or shut the hell up about it, if you're a proper achievement hunter then this is the sort of stuff you sign up for.

I also love the idea that levelling from 1/55 to 90 is going to take longer than some of the achievements we have already. Would rather level five characters to 90 than do the insane grind or the mega RNG fishing ones.

OP is already banned but I'll throw in what I am thinking anyways.

Lol wut.

Its an achievement. If you do not care about achievements, this should not matter to you.
    If you do care, as in you collect achievements, this should not matter to you either because there are WAY HARDER achievements out there. Leveling a character or two to max level takes nothing to the seasoned wow-player these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Forion View Post
    I think the problem that some people are having with this change is a contradiction between maxing out one char and having several twink chars. Let me explain. Until now, people who were interested in doing achievements would usually spend most of their time on their main char. They like the feeling of having accomplished everything with this particular char. With the new changes in MoP, you will not have a maxed out char anymore but rather a maxed out account if you are aiming to accomplish everything. For me, this takes a big roleplaying aspect out of the game since i do not identify with my account but with my main char. He is the Conquerer of Worlds! Savior of Azeroth! Battlemaster! But he is not the one who maxed out every profession or leveled every class to 90... Just my two cents though.
    Then play your main character and don't blow a gasket over account-wide achievements. That is a perfectly legitimate choice you are allowed to make. But "account-wide achievements mean I can't play my main anymore" is a patently ridiculous claim on its face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking over the list of new ones I am thrilled. Raiding has gotten to be something that I just do not have the time to commit to anymore. I always loved questing, I quested out every zone alliance side, then switched my main to horde and I am working through all of the horde quests. Now I can level up a few of my toons collecting dust. Looking at the profession achievements to. I think I can get the raise every profession.

I am looking forward to this expansion. Plenty to do, lots to see, and 6 different cooking styles to raise to 600? Archeology looks like it may even be more interesting. Ok that last one was a stretch. Watching cars rust is more fun.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsiechu View Post
    http://www.wowdb.com/achievements/73...nt#15689-15699

The one of the worst ideas from a Expansion riddled with bad ideas.

What is the next? Level all classes to 90? Level 50 chars to 90?

Cross realm zoning and this are pathetic gimmicks aimed at fixing the hopelessly broken Server imbalance, Low pop and Dead Servers problems.

Very stupid idea, what do you think?
    I think your post is a very stupid complaint. Check my history; I'm die hard Alliance/Night Elf fan, but my paladin is a blood elf. I've even PvP'd on her. Story =/= gameplay in the end. All classes level to 90 is a significant investment of time, comparable to the amount of time mediocre guilds whom fancy themselves hardcore spend throwing their corpses at heroic content til it's nerfed to downable levels. You really shouldn't knock it.

I think it is great!

and yes, next step IS having all classes level 90.

What is the big deal? Just don´t do it.

You know, it's not because something is in the game that you HAVE to do it. There are tons of pet battle achievements, and I have absolutely zero interest for that crap, and I don't complain about that.

Leveling a toon to max level with heirlooms takes almost no time, it's a lot less time invested than the holiday achievements or the insane achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seven 85s -- six are Alliance, one is Horde. Take a guess which faction sees me play more.

Much ado about nothing.

"History does not allow freedom to be defended by the weak and the timid." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1953

The people who play 5 classes are very few. People who play both factions are also few.

These achievements are just stupid. Blizzard are idiots if they think they can make WoW Daiblo 3 clone.
    All my friends and people i know have 10 chars on my server and also they all have 1 at alliance. Nobody is forcing you to complete this achievement. Just mind your own business. Go get "the Insane" maybe you will calm down

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The door is over there.

From there you can choose whatever "alternative hipster mmo" you want.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

http://www.wowdb.com/achievements/73...nt#15689-15699

The one of the worst ideas from a Expansion riddled with bad ideas.

What is the next? Level all classes to 90? Level 50 chars to 90?

Cross realm zoning and this are pathetic gimmicks aimed at fixing the hopelessly broken Server imbalance, Low pop and Dead Servers problems.

Very stupid idea, what do you think?
    First, it's "Is Blizzard serious." Blizzard is a collective noun like family, so while there are multiple people in it, you would address it as if it was one entity.

Second, it's "an expansion." Because expansion starts off with the sound of a vowel, you would use the article "an" before it.

And yes, they are serious. I for one wish there was an achievement for reaching level 90 on 22 characters. (One of each classon each faction).

I also go on to wish that this achievement awarded something that is amazing. Like a kick ass 3 player flying mount with 310% flying.

Is killing heroic 25 Deathwing hard? Most people don't seem to think so because they watched Kin-Raiders do it a week after it came out, so they've technically done the fight now; but for your average (of 10.2 million people) it's hard.

Is leveling each class to 90 on each faction hard? Most people would say it's not, but for the average player, it very well could be.

Furthermore, I don't think this is a gimmick to fix the server imbalance, low populations or "dead server" problems that people have. Cross realm zoning might be a potential fix for it (personally, I think it's just a small step on the way to a super server with no regions or server restrictions, but one can only dream)

Back to the point about this not fixing problems: I think these are just achievements that Blizzard has acknowledged people want. I already have an 85 of each class, and at least an 85 on each faction, because I like variety and hate playing the same thing for too long. BoA mounts, pets, and achievements are also well welcomed in my eyes because now every character I play is my "main."

I'm sorry you don't like the idea of achievements that make you have to actually do something. I love it, and I think it's a great idea.
    Last edited by Boogums; 2012-05-18 at 03:17 PM.

7/10 for a 10 page thread.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

I don't even see how this would fix faction imbalances. It doesn't say they have to be on the same server. You could level your horde 90 on Illidan and your alliance 90 on Sargeras.

Are their "Level every primary profession to 600" achievs trying to fix the imbalance of people choosing certain professions over others? lol

haha its an achievement how about you work on getting 8/8 HM DS achieve and then come back and complain more about a simple achievement that really wont affect you what so ever. If you want the achieve go lvl another char if you don't then don't simple as that. I'm sure all your complaining will convince them to take it away. Problem is this kid cant even reply anymore cause he got banned for people disagreeing with him. Shocker.

Deleted
    What's the big deal here? Or am I missing the stipulations that the horde and alliance 90s have to be your only two characters and on the same server? The moment account wide achievements were announced achievements like these should have been taken as a given; in fact I would go as far to say that there would be more people complaining if they haven't introduced them. Or is the OP one of these players who still think that everyone should pick one faction to be loyal to and stick to that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Such a cry-baby. Just don't level and Ally character or even better, quit the game and do us all a favor!