Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[MoP] Inquisition Glyph

Anyone else find this to be a complete insult?

Glyph of Inquisition now reduces the damage bonus of Inquisition by 15%, up from 10%.

As if it wasn't a complete pile of crap before hahaha.

PS It could be a tooltip issue from data mining but w/e it is it's bad.
    Last edited by Requital; 2012-05-18 at 11:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

well with this nerf the glyph is definitively out of use. so back 2 clunky rotation

Deleted
    Reduces the damage ? Glyph that makes the spell actually worse ? Hmm probably tooltip error. (hope so

You looked at the glyph before posting this?

-15% damage bonus but +100% duration....

It's a trade off. They obviously thought 10% hit for double duration wasn't enough, so now it's a 15% hit. I'm sure it'll iterate a few more times, then when it's stable some maths geek will run the sims, and we'll know whether it's worth using (always, sometimes or never)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonk View Post
    You looked at the glyph before posting this?

-15% damage bonus but +100% duration....

It's a trade off. They obviously thought 10% hit for double duration wasn't enough, so now it's a 15% hit. I'm sure it'll iterate a few more times, then when it's stable some maths geek will run the sims, and we'll know whether it's worth using (always, sometimes or never)
    No I didn't look at the glyph at all and know nothing about the class i just made the post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know what they are thinking. I was expecting a little buff to glyph and they nerf to it to complete uselessness. Reducing the effect 50% and incresing duration 100%. Over 1min they give the same damage output if you inq just once.

This glyph is now a damage loss at all times even for a bad player who cant keep 30sec inq up.

am I the only one who doesn't mind keeping inq up as a part of my rotation?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Inquisition is the worst piece of garbage that has graced this class. Holy Power seems like something thought up on an acid trip to do nothing more then make more dead spots in the rotation. But having to keep up something like Inquisition which is somewhat like Slice 'N Dice, where our glyph HURTS our damage as oppsed to helping as the glyph does for rogues.

Just give us a baseline 15% dmg bonus, or 20% or 30% or whatever number they deem fit, just dont make us refresh this fucking thing anymore. Give Warriors Rage Power that they have to manage on top of Rage, and give Dk's DK Power that they need to manage on top of their runes and energy.

12 second ramp up in Pvp to even think about going offensive, no other class has to do that. /end Rant, sorry.

Armory : Fear@Cho'Gall UI Screen : Elv UI Wow Progress : Vindictive
    Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    yes, yes you are.

the entire mechanic of "keep this up so you do X more dmg" is idiotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    nope.
    Without it things would get a bit dull. But spending a gcd that does 0 dmg is kinda annoying. Inq could be an attack with low dmg that gives us a buff.

And there is PvP where you dont get to gain Hopo as much and need to wog,tv while keeping inq up.

10+ Year Old Account
    is it -50% or -15% if its 15% then its still like 25% DAMAGE.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Here is an ability you need to hit and cannot forget to hit, otherwise kiss 30% of your damage goodbye." :\
    Wrath's rotation was mindless, I'll give you that but there has to be a happy medium.

When I was leveling it wasn't hard to figure out that I need to keep this up as ret, but it didnt excite me in the least.
    Cool, Level 81 we get something we dont want. Don't even remember what the Level 83 skill was, and Oh cool Level 85, we get a pet on a 5m cooldown.
    While the pet may be awesome for prot and holy, and have its moments for Ret we still need to essentially cheat with 4pc T11 trick just so in some strange way we might feel like the cooldown is actually worth something.

^Opinions.

Bottom line is why do we need to sacrifice damage via glyph? What other class knowingly puts a glyph in to hurt their dmg?

Let CS refresh duration or something that marginally makes sense.

Give me Cut to the Chase out of the Rogue Assasination tree, and I'll even take Seal Fate in that same tree in paladin form.
    Last edited by fears; 2012-05-18 at 12:46 PM.

Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770

Deleted
    This glyph was meant for new players to make it alot easier to play... Not every glyph is meant to be an dps inscrease.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're talking about the insulting nature of the glyph by people who take their gameplay serious. So this new player uses this glyph and gets used to it, what is the threshold at which they "graduate" to doing more damage ala not using the glyph?

We only get the ability @ 81, so they are going to learn how to play with the glyph for 9 levels? This isn't a training wheels glyph that shows you how to play from minute one, its a very late in the game glyph.

10+ Year Old Account
    First and foremost: Savage Roar (Feral), Slice and Dice (Rogues), Diseases (Death Knights). These are just the abilities I can come up with off the top of my head, from relatively low level play from each class. Every DPS spec has mechanics that they need to keep up in order to maintain proper DPS. Just because it doesn't do any damage itself (like S&D for Rogues, SR for Ferals) doesn't mean it's "bad" in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturehaze View Post
    This glyph was meant for new players to make it alot easier to play... Not every glyph is meant to be an dps inscrease.
    Secondly, this. This glyph is the equivalent of training wheels for Retribution. It's not meant for top-end (or even mid-level, really) players.

Our rotation would be horrendously boring with Inquisition removed. At that point, it would be "press TV if Holy Power is greater than or equal to 3" (or DS if there's enough targets). Also, since we don't have a bunch of Holy Power abilities, we don't even need a Cut to the Chase mechanic, or any other auto-refresh ability for Inquisition.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Majority of us who take playing relatively serious wouldn't mind the game being boring by not having to waste a gcd to refresh something that does no damage, and being forced to use it to do more damage. I understand that its not going to be for mid+ level players, but why would someone want to learn how to play with the glyph @ 81 to unlearn all they know for 9 levels to take it off. Logic would suggest learning how to use it the right way out of the gate as opposed to getting used to something for it to change. It seems like what you're hinting at is either its a glyph for someone who is never going to raid or never wants to be better.

I don't think (don't have beta, but from what I hear) is we're going to be lacking even more crit this expansion so we might be going to haste+mastery builds. If thats true and with baseline cd on cs being brought down, and sanctity now lowering the global I can't imagine having any of the dead time issues we have now. We dont have many exciting glyphs, and I'm off so I enjoy talking about stuff so I enjoy your opinions =)

Yeah they really made this glyph pointless now. It was kind of on the border of being bad before but now it is just useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fears View Post
    Majority of us who take playing relatively serious wouldn't mind the game being boring by not having to waste a gcd to refresh something that does no damage, and being forced to use it to do more damage.
    Oh, I wouldn't mind having it up permanently either. It would just be bad game design, especially if the maintenance buffs used by other DPS specs didn't get the same treatment. It's necessary for game balance and play-style control.

I understand that its not going to be for mid+ level players, but why would someone want to learn how to play with the glyph @ 81 to unlearn all they know for 9 levels to take it off. Logic would suggest learning how to use it the right way out of the gate as opposed to getting used to something for it to change. It seems like what you're hinting at is either its a glyph for someone who is never going to raid or never wants to be better.
    The primary issue with this statement is that you're assuming the person is going to accept the halved damage from the ability. If they do, that means that they really don't want to focus on their paladin (possibly because it's just an alt they mess around with). A player that wants to get better will use the glyph, and attempt to refresh Inq. at 30 seconds, but they'll have that extra time from the glyph as a safety net.

Basically, if they want to get better, they'll use the glyph until they're used to refreshing Inq. in their rotation, then replace it with something better. Besides, we relearn our rotations in minor (sometimes major) ways with every new set bonus, so why would a glyph change like this be such a big deal?

I don't think (don't have beta, but from what I hear) is we're going to be lacking even more crit this expansion so we might be going to haste+mastery builds. If thats true and with baseline cd on cs being brought down, and sanctity now lowering the global I can't imagine having any of the dead time issues we have now. We dont have many exciting glyphs, and I'm off so I enjoy talking about stuff so I enjoy your opinions =)
    I can't really comment on the numbers, as I've not had the time to mess around on the beta as much as I'd like (plus I main-spec as Prot).
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Basically, if they want to get better, they'll use the glyph until they're used to refreshing Inq. in their rotation, then replace it with something better. Besides, we relearn our rotations in minor (sometimes major) ways with every new set bonus, so why would a glyph change like this be such a big deal?
    This is acceptable, I didn't 100% understand what you meant about people learning. I hate text

I think in my own way I had hoped they were going to do more with the glyph since they hinted at it last year.

Is the -15% a 50% cut to the damage increase, or does it reduce the 30% damage increase by 15%? I'm never sure with the numbers if this turns inquisition into a +15% holy damage or a +25% holy damage. If it's a straight 50% reduced effect I don't see any logical reason anyone would ever want to use this. A triple duration with a 50% reduction makes more sense to me

First and foremost: Savage Roar (Feral), Slice and Dice (Rogues), Diseases (Death Knights). These are just the abilities I can come up with off the top of my head, from relatively low level play from each class. Every DPS spec has mechanics that they need to keep up in order to maintain proper DPS. Just because it doesn't do any damage itself (like S&D for Rogues, SR for Ferals) doesn't mean it's "bad" in any way.
    "Low level" is a key phrase there. Inquisition isn't low level and is only available at near end-game. Every other class has their entire gameplay to incorporate and learn their mechanic, we had 4 levels. Slice and Dice can be applied with as little as 1 combo point and give a decent duration with the glyph until the next refresh and is usually up in the first few seconds of the fight, same goes with Savage roar. They also don't require a full 5 combo points to refresh. Inquisition just flat out sucks at less than 3 holy power and is not worth applying or refreshing with less than that. Diseases can be applied with Outbreak, which you can use running into the fight and therefore not really waste a global, or rotational abilities such as howling blast or plague strike. Diseases can also be refreshed during your rotation with abilities that do damage upfront. Inquisition can only be applied in one way and it takes a long ramp-up for the resources to get it applied. Doubling the duration to 1 minute with what appears to be a 50% cut to the holy damage is in all honesty to me a complete nerf. Inquisition is really just an applied mechanic to prevent Ret from dealing more damage than they think we should. They already said after the Gurthalak ret nerf that ret damage was back where it was intended to be, middle to upper-bottom of the DPS list. Inquisition is just the equivalent of tying weights to Michael Phelps so he can't win a match in the special olympics. It's a throttle they can choke if we get out of control to them. They just have to adjust holy/censure damage on abilities and down we go.

Secondly, this. This glyph is the equivalent of training wheels for Retribution. It's not meant for top-end (or even mid-level, really) players.
    It's a training wheel set for 9 levels that requires you leave an open glyph slot until 81+ so that you can utilize it. Not acceptable. Inquisition needs to be moved down in level to the 30s or 50s so that it can be learned during the leveling process. It's idiotic to have a glyph like this that's unusable for 81 levels and then you'd have to overwrite an existing glyph or just leave a space open for a long time.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?