Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by layn01 View Post
    I'm really surprised BlizzardCS on Twitter hasn't posted anything. Lots of people exploding over there right now :P
    Cause corporate headquarters hasn't gone into work yet. Its only 7:30AM on the west coast right now.

Quote Originally Posted by onyxblack View Post
    /sigh

.... even before d3... blizzard has really kind of gone to the toilet, bugs are still ingame, servers unreliable, never hear valid help from support...

I've been planning on going to GW2 when it comes out... but maybe I'll just go to tera

I only started WoW in December and I feel your pain. I'm sick of the BS too considering what we all pay to play. After watching a few Tera trailers yesterday & reading about it, I will probably join you. Happy Trails!!

Deleted
    I'm getting the launcher can't obtain patching info error, is this what's happening for everyone else? Only read page one of thread so apologies if we've been over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayth View Post
    Weird, I did this and nothing. You set that as your set realmlist, right?
    No, the host file.

Located here.
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

To edit it, you'll need to open notepad (right click, run as administrator) navigate to the folder and open the hosts file.

Add one which ever applies to you.

WoW:
    12.129.206.130 us.logon.battle.net
    213.248.127.130 eu.logon.battle.net

D3
    12.130.244.193 us.actual.battle.net
    80.239.208.193 eu.actual.battle.net

then save it.
    Last edited by Kiingy; 2012-05-18 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    Cause corporate headquarters hasn't gone into work yet. Its only 7:30AM on the west coast right now.
    They're a global company, right? Shouldn't there be CS reps from each region monitoring and replying to that account?

To have it be unavailable and nobody watching it for 8+ hours a day/night seems pretty ridiculous for a 24/7 company.

Quote Originally Posted by inheat View Post
    this is how i do it

Local Disk C > Windows > System 32 > Drivers > etc
    hosts file
    paste 12.129.206.130 us.logon.battle.net on the bottom of the page
    save

if you cant save open a notepad under administrator and open the host through that..and like seriniti said dont forget to open wow.exe and not the launcher.

edit:
    confirmed to work..thanks to whoever put that thing here
    Does this work even if the launcher successfully gets you to the Log-in page??

Can't even launch the WoW Launcher, says 'cannot obtain patching data'.

All of the Websites are down too!

Quote Originally Posted by oriflamme View Post
    Does this work even if the launcher successfully gets you to the Log-in page??
    If you mean the log-in page, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Babyrobot View Post
    Can't even launch the WoW Launcher, says 'cannot obtain patching data'.

All of the Websites are down too!

Then launch wow from wow.exe, not the launcher.

Don't worry guys this is normal. They're doing lots of important stuff, you can't expect them to care about stuff like this. You knew full well before you bought their stuff that you might not be able to play when you wanted to. Don't complain.

/sarcasm off

Maybe a few more days of protracted problems and people will stop making stupid excuses for Blizzard's unacceptable service.

Quote Originally Posted by seryniti View Post
    Those of you who know how to edit their hosts file.... Put this in, launch from WoW.exe (don't go through the launcher), and be happy.

And for you EU people...

If you don't know.....Google is your friend
    I assume this is a work-around to whatever issues are keeping ppl from logging into the blizz servers.
    I looked up "How To Edit Your Hosts File" at How-To Geek.com . . . looks a bit complicated . . . oh well. . .

Quote Originally Posted by kiingy View Post
    No, the host file.

Located here.
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

To edit it, you'll need to open notepad (right click, run as administrator) navigate to the folder and open the hosts file.

Add one of these
    or

then save it.

And IP addresses for Diablo 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Zayth View Post
    Edit: Derp
    I figured that part out, I just don't know where to paste..( wow is not under my Hosts files..:\)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    Don't worry guys this is normal. They're doing lots of important stuff, you can't expect them to care about stuff like this. You knew full well before you bought their stuff that you might not be able to play when you wanted to. Don't complain.

/sarcasm off

Maybe a few more days of protracted problems and people will stop making stupid excuses for Blizzard's unacceptable service.
    Okay *insert something* then you prepare for the fact that your whole DNS providers blows out..

PS good luck with that

Whats WoW?

O.o I hope they did get hacked. That would be so freaking awesome. Id say payback from someone. WTB youtube video!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nethaera, community manager for blizzard entertainment has been notified and so have others, I assume, now.

D3's working fine for me, I even see my friends on Bnet, just can't log in to Wow at all as soon as I press enter says "You have been disconnected from the server"... Weird.
    EDIT: Can't access the battle.net page either I just now noticed.
    EDIT#2: lol just let me log in to wow.
    Last edited by werx; 2012-05-18 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    That's the NA support account. EU has it's own and i imagine China and Taiwan does too (although i can't find the last 2 at the moment).
    Fair enough, but you'd still think the EU folk would check / monitor the US / CN accounts and vice-versa, right?

Ah well. Doesn't matter. I'm sure they're working on it.

Thanks to whoever worked that out

FattyXP, I can't use PM's yet. (post count)

I'm looking right now for D3.

NVM... Liessa found it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Liessa View Post
    And IP addresses for Diablo 3: