Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    It's an AWESOME game if you like the hardest possible rts-like-microing experience when soloing. I absolutely love some of the boss/mob mechanics, I've died over 1000 times so far on my demon hunter, and I cant wait till I'm on inferno diablo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty823j View Post
    Ok i got the guest pass and i followed the pre determined route that everyone takes to checkpoints, killed whatever was in front of me...So i killed skeleton king and i have to say i am not impressed with this game at all. Im wondering if it gets alot better?, as of now i cant justify $50 to buy the game. THis seems like someone could of put this game together in 1 week. There is No such thing as exploring, the terrain and map don't allow you to get lost and explore or take another route. There is only one way to get from point A to point B. Im just wondering if this game gets better?
    i can only speak out of my personal experience so far and i must say i'm hooked...hooked bad. and i don't like diablo 1 and 2. i've never played them longer than a couple of hours. but d3 is so addictive. i've played 20 hours so far and im only at the end of act 2. there is so much to explore and visit. i spent 2 hours alone to explore the whole boneyard in act 2 where the archives of that crazed wizard are. there are plenty of events that you CAN do (which are randomly implemented in your play session. some of my friends got other events than myself) and some random dungeons that have nothing to do with the story that you CAN visit for loot and xp. i must say i can't understand how some people can rush through the game in under 6 hours. there is so much that those people are missing. it's a shame really...

Quote Originally Posted by Babelfisch View Post
    i can only speak out of my personal experience so far and i must say i'm hooked...hooked bad. and i don't like diablo 1 and 2. i've never played them longer than a couple of hours. but d3 is so addictive. i've played 20 hours so far and im only at the end of act 2. there is so much to explore and visit. i spent 2 hours alone to explore the whole boneyard in act 2 where the archives of that crazed wizard are. there are plenty of events that you CAN do (which are randomly implemented in your play session. some of my friends got other events than myself) and some random dungeons that have nothing to do with the story that you CAN visit for loot and xp. i must say i can't understand how some people can rush through the game in under 6 hours. there is so much that those people are missing. it's a shame really...
    this.. How? I explored every nook, every corner, blew up every barrel and tried destroying EVERYTHING that looked destructible, I took my time and with pretty long afk times (about two hours?) I had 16 hours of play when I finished the last boss on Normal, my bf who also explores every single thing even less with 14 hours.

I think thats too short no matter how many difficulties there are after that. I love hack n slash, I love collecting items and gearing and blazing through those mobs and more specifically, I LOVE it to be hard. Neither normal nor nightmare lived up to that unfortunately so I really look forward to hell/inferno. Still, I find it a shame the plot and the actual length of the game to discover before moving on to grinding harder mobs is so lacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    this.. How? I explored every nook, every corner, blew up every barrel and tried destroying EVERYTHING that looked destructible, I took my time and with pretty long afk times (about two hours?) I had 16 hours of play when I finished the last boss on Normal, my bf who also explores every single thing even less with 14 hours.

I think thats too short no matter how many difficulties there are after that. I love hack n slash, I love collecting items and gearing and blazing through those mobs and more specifically, I LOVE it to be hard. Neither normal nor nightmare lived up to that unfortunately so I really look forward to hell/inferno. Still, I find it a shame the plot and the actual length of the game to discover before moving on to grinding harder mobs is so lacking.
    Omfg beating a game on the easiest difficulty in under 20 hours??? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS???.....

Beating Nightmare difficulty took me quite a bit longer. Hell difficulty is taking me a lot longer. It feels like much more of a game now, as it's actually difficult beating gold mobs that hit for unbelievable amounts, actually require tactics, and have 3 added magic abilities.

Diablo was never about 'omg play this for 8000000000000000000000000000 hours and only beat the game once like Skyrim!" Diablo games have always been 'get to the next difficulty, see how hard you can go, get better gear, level up.' You finished the first act....what are you, level 30 something?... That's not even close to max level. How can people complain about finishing everything in a game when they're not max level and went through it on the easiest difficulty......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    hm i don't know. it's not like i have much downtime. i would say 2 hours max for being afk or reading up on some crafting. and no i don't die constantly either...^^ maybe i'm just slow. but the game says i've played 19 hours and i'm just before the endboss of act 2. there was some time i've wasted searching for the jewelcrafter because some friend of mine said i missed him. of course i didn't missed him and i got him an hour later but i took me a good hour to find that out...^^ so you can say i've got around 16 hours of pure playtime so far. nevertheless i will take my time. i'm not the kind of person to play that game 3-1000 times so i relish the time of the first playthrough. btw witch doctor rules...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gnomage View Post
    Omfg beating a game on the easiest difficulty in under 20 hours??? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS???.....

Beating Nightmare difficulty took me quite a bit longer. Hell difficulty is taking me a lot longer. It feels like much more of a game now, as it's actually difficult beating gold mobs that hit for unbelievable amounts, actually require tactics, and have 3 added magic abilities.

Diablo was never about 'omg play this for 8000000000000000000000000000 hours and only beat the game once like Skyrim!" Diablo games have always been 'get to the next difficulty, see how hard you can go, get better gear, level up.' You finished the first act....what are you, level 30 something?... That's not even close to max level. How can people complain about finishing everything in a game when they're not max level and went through it on the easiest difficulty......
    Maybe some people don't want to play the same crap content over again 3 times just to reach max level.

It's a horrible design, and yes, less than 20 hours of gameplay before you have to recycle the same gameplay again is a complete joke. Especially after 10 years of development.

This game gets better after skeleton king...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people in this thread should have bought D2 and played it before spending money on 3. Would have saved yourself some time and money.

It wasn't going to drastically change. It's a dungeon crawler. Normal mode you can solo and easily not die at all and move on. It's not the story and areas that make the game challenging, it's not an rpg. If you think it taking less than 20 hours to beat normal mode is bad design, you really aren't understanding what kind of game this is.

As always, do research before you buy something. If you were expecting Dragon Age 3 I can see why you'd be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Maybe some people don't want to play the same crap content over again 3 times just to reach max level.

It's a horrible design, and yes, less than 20 hours of gameplay before you have to recycle the same gameplay again is a complete joke. Especially after 10 years of development.
    It's a dated old school design philosophy, yes, but it's not crap. And if you felt the first playthrough was crap then you should've gotten a guest pass and not even wasted 60 bucks. Or even better, play Diablo 2 and realize going in that you were getting more of the same thing with a facelift.

A lot of fresh newcomers seem to be coming into this game with an MMO/Skyrim like mindset in that it's this huge, vast world that will be endless. It's not. Its game length for a single player RPG is across the board average, with a complete story unto itself. Yes there are replay aspects for people who don't ever leave normal mode such as randomized maps, the thing that put the franchise on the map in the first place. However the reason people replay it so much is the competitive, challenging aspect of harder difficulties, soloing/grouping fun, PvP (when it's added. I'm sure it will be) and most of all, the gear slot machine.

---------- Post added 2012-05-18 at 05:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    I think a lot of people in this thread should have bought D2 and played it before spending money on 3. Would have saved yourself some time and money.

It wasn't going to drastically change. It's a dungeon crawler. Normal mode you can solo and easily not die at all and move on. It's not the story and areas that make the game challenging, it's not an rpg. If you think it taking less than 20 hours to beat normal mode is bad design, you really aren't understanding what kind of game this is.

As always, do research before you buy something. If you were expecting Dragon Age 3 I can see why you'd be upset.
    Although it is technically an RPG (an ARPG/Roguelike lite), this. A million times.

The amount of people who had no idea what kind of game Diablo was and blew 60 bucks on it is astounding.
    Last edited by Fumu; 2012-05-18 at 05:22 PM.

Meh. I don't think there is a reason for "modern" gamers and "old school" gamers to be at each others throats over the play style. It's different strokes for different folks.

I've loved this game so far. I am progressed in Inferno with SK down. We're currently in the that "farm" mode to improve our gear before moving on with the story. The boss fights, by design, are just one shot abilities; it's "just don't get hit!" mechanics. The trash mobs? Some affixes are insane. I'd be much more impressed with someone taking down some of the stupid combination of affixes rather than a generic boss kill ^_^;;

There's nothing wrong with a different strokes mindset. To each their own. The game is a grindy hack and slash at its core and I can see how people would get bored of that within 5 minutes.

The reason Diablo vets are facepalming hard enough for their brains to fly out of their ears, though, is because people paid zero attention to the game's playstyle, bought into hype alone, and bought it expecting WoW2 or Skyrim or Dragon Age or something other than an isometric dungeon crawler. Then they come onto forums like these and cry, when these gameplay features have been around for 16 years.

Try playing the game first before you make a complete fool out of yourself.

D3 holds your hand the entire way.
    Really? What build are you running, ScottsdaleHokie and what level of difficulty are you on?

Yes, it does.
    ——————▲—————▲———
    ————————————————
    ———▼—————▼——————
    —Ⓐ—————Ⓐ————————

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty823j View Post
    Ok i got the guest pass and i followed the pre determined route that everyone takes to checkpoints, killed whatever was in front of me...So i killed skeleton king and i have to say i am not impressed with this game at all. Im wondering if it gets alot better?, as of now i cant justify $50 to buy the game. THis seems like someone could of put this game together in 1 week. There is No such thing as exploring, the terrain and map don't allow you to get lost and explore or take another route. There is only one way to get from point A to point B. Im just wondering if this game gets better?
    I like to explore every inch of the map before I move on, and honestly by the time I'm done half the time I'm like ABOUT TIME lol
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Really? What build are you running, ScottsdaleHokie and what level of difficulty are you on?
    Build? There are no builds.

Demon Hunter, Act 2 Nightmare and ready to quit because it's just the same garbage again only slightly more difficult.

For the content it provides, D3 is a $25 game at best. Paying $60 for it is a complete waste of money.

Deleted
    it does get better, after 10years+ of waiting i can safely say that i have the same feeling i had as a teenager when playing diablo2 with friends, it´s awesome

Quote Originally Posted by -Scarecrow- View Post
    Yes, it does.
    your sig immediately triggered the song in my mind

It's a horrible design.... that literally millions of people disagree with you on. The amount of people is so overwhelming.. well.. you see how often it's difficult to get online.

It's a horrible design.... that mimic's its predecessor, Diablo 2, which ranks among some of the most memorable games for a good majority of people, and was continuously played for TEN years. Twelve years? Maybe even twelve years

I'm just gonna have to disagree with you. It's a wonderful design, that isn't recycled after 20 hours of gameplay unless you rush it, in which case it then takes you 40 hours, then 80 hours, then... it's not yet beaten on inferno yet so ... undetermined for now.

Finally, i'd like to hear of a game that DOESN'T recycle content yet, has replay value. What's that? The whole definition of Replay Value is related to recycling content because it's fun? Color me shocked. It's an off white.

It definately gets better after the skeleton king.

The part im enjoying most is the elite packs once you get passed normal mode. Theres challenge and a real danger of death if you get a bad combo.

Oh, and not to mention that the number of skills you still have to unlock is absolutely enormous.
    Last edited by Thermor; 2012-05-18 at 05:46 PM.

Demon Hunter, Act 2 Nightmare and ready to quit because it's just the same garbage again only slightly more difficult.

For the content it provides, D3 is a $25 game at best. Paying $60 for it is a complete waste of money.
    A2 nightmare isn't even half way... taste the wrath that is inferno.

Or i know, want a challenge? Play it Hardcore style. Make death meaningful. I'm willing to bet via HC that you'll have plenty of time to wonder why old tactics just suck so much.

First of all, I find it hilarious that pretty much every post I see from you on this forum is complaining about Blizzard yet you still bought the game.

Secondly, there are builds in this game. In fact, way more than in Diablo 2. Way more than there will be in Torchlight 2. Look at the Witch Doctor solo of SK Inferno that was posted today. So many comments about what build was used and why certain abilities were chosen over others.

Will you continue to purchase Blizzard games in the future and then immediately complain about how they're not worth the money?