Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Looks Like Blizzard Brought WoW Mentality to D3 - Rejoice

So considering the "nerf" to monks in D3 due to a group of people going for "world first", it looks like we'll have "balancing" to look forward to now. In a single player / co-op game.

I mean, really now? Is anyone else annoyed by this? Since when does anyone care who beat a campaign style game first? Since when do developers stealth patch said single player / co-op game to prevent it? The hell...

I don't know, I don't remember anyone giving a shit who beat Skyrim first, or MW3. This game should be no different. No reason to annoy other players enjoying their class or abilities in a non competitive game.

/endrant
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

It's an online game that is going to have pvp in it. But sure, lets just keep 4monks = Invincible, that'll make things balanced and fun in pvp for sure.

Deleted
    The point in that was, that a group of 4 monks was able to reach 100% avoidance, making them invincible because you can not only avoid melee attacks, but also ranged and spells ...
    beating inferno is supposed to be hard, very hard ... and having 100% avoidance reduces the difficulty level to beneath "normal mode" ... which is not supposed to happen.
    so they hotfixed it ... done.

You are aware that Diablo 3 is going to focus PvP, according to what Blizzard previously say. It's better to fix what could be right now, instead of waiting the wave of QQ. Not to mention the incredible stupidity of a 4 monks party power...
    By the way, I don't get the point of your thread, especially when you talk about Skyrim and MW3, those games aren't made by Blizzard, as far as I know. Why should they act the same, then ?
    Don't want to be rude but, useless thread is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulichon View Post
    You are aware that Diablo 3 is going to focus PvP, according to what Blizzard previously say. It's better to fix what could be right now, instead of waiting the wave of QQ. Not to mention the incredible stupidity of a 4 monks party power...
    By the way, I don't get the point of your thread, especially when you talk about Skyrim and MW3, those games aren't made by Blizzard, as far as I know. Why should they act the same, then ?
    Don't want to be rude but, useless thread is useless.
    focus on pvp in a game with no pvp yet? yeah ok
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Sorry but I want it to be reasonably balanced.

Monks really were OP, I noticed it immediately in a nightmare playthrough, when compared to every other class in coop the monk was the only class that could stand in the middle of two champion packs and tank them like a boss (without major gear discrepancies or level differencials... in fact I always had the best gear out of anyone that joined lol ~wizard)

The fact that 4 monks were making it easy (5k hp on inferno lol... I had 18k hp on nightmare) shows how ridiculous it was :P

The annoying thing that has come across from wow is that hell difficulty shud have been the normal difficulty. And then up and up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

The argument of the game getting trivialized by the group makeup is moot. You can hack your way through any other co-op game on the planet no problem. The developers don't care. If people want to enjoy the game that way, then so be it.

Borderlands had "PvP" in it as well, I didn't notice any nerfing of classes in that game due to a gimmicky mini game within it. Was the game still widely acclaimed and played by millions? Yeah. Not to mention D2 was exploited to no end. If people wanted to legitimately play it, they did.

The actual problem here is that they're trying to turn the Diablo franchise into a mini MMO, which it isn't.

---------- Post added 2012-05-19 at 07:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Sorry but I want it to be reasonably balanced.

Monks really were OP, I noticed it immediately in a nightmare playthrough, when compared to every other class in coop the monk was the only class that could stand in the middle of two champion packs and tank them like a boss (without major gear discrepancies or level differencials... in fact I always had the best gear out of anyone that joined lol ~wizard)

The fact that 4 monks were making it easy (5k hp on inferno lol... I had 18k hp on nightmare) shows how ridiculous it was :P

The annoying thing that has come across from wow is that hell difficulty shud have been the normal difficulty. And then up and up.
    Why do you care what other people do? Do you not play other game's campaign modes because other people can easily exploit it? Because other people can download mods for it? Again, this isn't mini WoW.
    Last edited by glo; 2012-05-19 at 07:03 AM.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    They balanced stuff in D2 as well... so i dont see the problem and oh.. D2 was before wow ?

THERE IS NO PROOF THAT BLIZZARD HAS HOTFIXED ANYTHING YET.

Basing this thread of a very unreliable speculation is not a very smart thing to do.

Balancing a single player game post launch is bad ? Not sure if serious.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Its a known fact that Blizzard HATES Athene. They will purposely screw over everyone else as long as they can make life miserable for him.

Also monks arent that OP. When I got to Hell I got owned by pretty much every blue chain. Maybe cause I hate click to move and thats why because I couldnt move out of stuff faste enough

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Its a known fact that Blizzard HATES Athene. They will purposely screw over everyone else as long as they can make life miserable for him.
    I have yet to see anyone except Athene screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Balancing a single player game post launch is bad ? Not sure if serious.
    If a developer decides to release a balance patch (which are almost unheard of), you're not forced to download and install it.

---------- Post added 2012-05-19 at 07:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I have yet to see anyone except Athene screwed.
    Considering they nerfed a very good rune for party play down to an amount of time that is essentially worthless (0.5 seconds), I'd say they screwed anyone playing a monk. Sure there's other builds to use, but it's pretty lame that we now have a rune that's just wasting space due to people actually caring who beats a single player / co-op game first.

But I guess that's what happens when you have a million+ WoW players that got the game for free. Suddenly everyone thinks "world firsts" apply elsewhere.
    Last edited by glo; 2012-05-19 at 07:15 AM.

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Its a known fact that Blizzard HATES Athene.
    Not seen a Blue post on that yet :>

Athene is tool but that doesnt really matter here. Of course they are going to tweak a few things here and there they have with the previous diablo it only makes sense. Did it ruin your game because of it no i dont think so quit bitching about shit that needs fixing obviously if 4 monks in a group cant be damaged thats a flaw that needs to be fixed.

please blizz do what rift does.... have seperate abilities for pvp or at the very least balance them seperatly like rift

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    So considering the "nerf" to monks in D3 due to a group of people going for "world first", it looks like we'll have "balancing" to look forward to now. In a single player / co-op game.

I mean, really now? Is anyone else annoyed by this? Since when does anyone care who beat a campaign style game first? Since when do developers stealth patch said single player / co-op game to prevent it? The hell...

I don't know, I don't remember anyone giving a shit who beat Skyrim first, or MW3. This game should be no different. No reason to annoy other players enjoying their class or abilities in a non competitive game.

/endrant
    Like it or not, Multiplayer has been a decently large chunk of Diablo since Diablo II. There was plenty of balancing going on in Diablo II, even YEARS after its release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

i think it was an unfair advantage, and they were competing so it cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhamaren View Post
    i think it was an unfair advantage, and they were competing so it cares.
    Yeah, competing in a campaign mode. It's stupid. Go ahead and show me the heated race in Borderlands' 2nd play-through.

build pics

The argument of the game getting trivialized by the group makeup is moot. You can hack your way through any other co-op game on the planet no problem. The developers don't care. If people want to enjoy the game that way, then so be it.

Borderlands had "PvP" in it as well, I didn't notice any nerfing of classes in that game due to a gimmicky mini game within it. Was the game still widely acclaimed and played by millions? Yeah. Not to mention D2 was exploited to no end. If people wanted to legitimately play it, they did.

The actual problem here is that they're trying to turn the Diablo franchise into a mini MMO, which it isn't.

---------- Post added 2012-05-19 at 07:02 AM ----------

Why do you care what other people do? Do you not play other game's campaign modes because other people can easily exploit it? Because other people can download mods for it? Again, this isn't mini WoW.
    Because I shouldn't have to avoid playing with a monk to be challenged by the game, also, I have played Diablo since 1996, so why would I be comparing it to WoW which I started playing in 2006, 10 years later?

Looks like you believe you know how everyone wants to play a game but actually really don't. I always played Diablo with friends, it's what made the game fun, dungeon crawling against incredibly hard packs of mobs standing side by side, overcoming obstacles and gearing up to face new challenges. Dungeon crawling wouldn't be half as fun alone, and I imagine that I am not the only one who feels this way - in fact, I believe myself in the majority.

---------- Post added 2012-05-19 at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Like it or not, Multiplayer has been a decently large chunk of Diablo since Diablo II. There was plenty of balancing going on in Diablo II, even YEARS after its release.
    Multiplayer was a large aspect of Diablo... too :P

---------- Post added 2012-05-19 at 08:40 AM ----------

Yeah, competing in a campaign mode. It's stupid. Go ahead and show me the heated race in Borderlands' 2nd play-through.
    So because you don't enjoy competing others shouldn't?

The fact that the monk was too easy and is being balanced is great for everyone anyway - because now when and if people who play alone come to play through as a monk - they can be challenged as they were on other classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?