Arcane crystals - a question

So i finnally got the other half of the binding after so many years of farming though it did drop on the wrong toon but with shared acheives no biggie

So im now finding all the mats to make the elementium ive farmed a load of thorium and prospected it and it appears the arcane crystal just aint dropping from prospecting

So i looked up online wowhead in particular and found that these cant be prospected anymore

is this true does anyone have any info regarding this

Yes, you cannot prospect for these.

You have to farm for them now. The ore that has them is Thorium. Go to Ungoro Crator to farm for Thorium ore. You'll need 100 crystals altogether.

Rich Throium veins have a 13% chance to drop Arcance crystals. Regular Throrium veins have a 9% drop rate.

Gotta mine them from thorium veins. About 80 should be enough if you use a transmute master.

damn Ok thanks for the answer i guess those crystal are like gold dust now

I just farmed these a few days ago. The best place by far is Silithus

I got Thunderfury this week, farmed Winterspring for them after a stint in Silithus and Un'Goro before that (Pretty much the same amount of veins in each, but WS was a bit less boring IMO), i was the only player in the zone so that made it a bit easier, don't want to think about how boring it must have been to farm up all those crystals before flying mounts and the "Crystals from small thorium veins"-change...

The drop chance is horrible. Just buy them on the AH if you can, even if overpriced.

You'd be lucky to get 2-3 per hour, at least from my experience.