Poll: Do you use a follower?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you use a follower?

I just want to know how many actually use a follower, and who doesn't.
    I haven't used one once. Just can't stand having a npc running around me all the time, getting in the way and such.
    I'm at act 3 in nightmare.
    Pretty much all the diablo videos i've seen(not that many), have had a follower.

And if i were to use a follower, how much easier would it make things?

Deleted
    I use the Templar because hey, why not. I like to think he actually means his gratitude when I give him a new shield. He doesn't do much damage, but his charges are sort of helpful and on the occasion that he will heal me a bit, it's appreciated.

using the templar for the heal.He saved my ass so many times.It heals 50% of my hp

Deleted
    I am ashamed to admit, I AM the follower =/
    I get to run around and "tank" with my barbarian while my fiancé blasts everything to pieces with disintegrate.

But when i do play solo, I always bring the Templar. His heals can save you and there is no noticeable side effect to his existence, except the funny dialogues.

Hmm, seems like most people use a follower. I'm not gonna use one yet, but i'm pretty sure i might have to when i get to hell difficulty.

Yemp heal ftw, hes a weakling with dmg but omg that heal

How often does he cast this heal? The heal isn't based on anything else but his lvl?

10+ Year Old Account
    I use my Templar. It is an amazing follower.

I use the Templar for his heals. I'm at Act 2 Hell, and it has saved my life way more than once. And he casts it about every 30 seconds on average, because that's the cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    My character is a druid named Bear. I spent days coming up with this unique name and apparently people loved it so much that they named an animal after it.

I use the Templar on my Wizard. Not much damage comes from him, but he's a decent tank and his emergency heal can come in handy.

Deleted
    Using Templar aswell the heals he does are a lifesaver most of the time

It's just..if i bring a follower it's not pure solo anymore. At least not in my eyes. But like i said, i will probly need one when i get to hell diff.
    And since they are in the game, you are supposed to use them. Don't know if solo play is balanced around it tho.
    Last edited by Sathric; 2012-05-19 at 11:30 AM.

Does anyone here use anything else but the Templar? The other followers seem a bit useless in my eyes... Especially the guy with the mustache, he is so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathric View Post
    How often does he cast this heal? The heal isn't based on anything else but his lvl?
    He heals fairly often when you need it, but I believe it also has a decent CD. 30 seconds?

I assume his heal is based on his level, but it's also very possible it scales with his Str as well.
    Thanks Soko<3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    Does anyone here use anything else but the Templar? The other followers seem a bit useless in my eyes... Especially the guy with the mustache, he is so annoying.
    Fucking hate the scoundrel. Templar is much more useful & fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Fucking hate the scoundrel. Templar is much more useful & fun.
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!? The scoundrel is funny as hell!

10+ Year Old Account
    Templar: Heal, Heal Aura, Charge, Lifesaver.

The fact that he seems to see Elite mobs before I do helps too.
    And never underestimate the value of him getting stuck in there as the tank.

I don't really see why you wouldn't use them. He's not stealing your experience... right?

Heh as mentioned above, as a wizard the Templar comes in as a great resource! the 1 that comes to mind the most is his taunt and his resource regen when compared to the others, sorry Desmond

I use the hunter for the multi-target snare or templar for the heals.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried playing with Enchantress and Scoundrel, but in my opinion, they are nothing compared to the Templar. His damage is very low, but the fact that he can stun and use 3 types of heal on you is pretty sweet.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!