Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shouldn't it be Diabla not Diablo now?

Since Diablo is based on the greek Diabolos (male devil) the female version would be Diabolas (female devil). So Diabla instead of Diablo...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

since world of warcraft isnt war anymore, it should be world of arenacraft instead? *facepalm*

It would be too weird to change the title of the game, maybe they could have changed the wording in the actually game but for most I assume this really isn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    since world of warcraft isnt war anymore, it should be world of arenacraft instead? *facepalm*
    ....This has nothing to do with anything and is a completely unnecessary comment.

To answer your question, OP, Diablo is technically still male (or possibly genderless), but the more feminine appearance is simply because of how he regained a physical form.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    ....This has nothing to do with anything and is a completely unnecessary comment.
    To answer your question, OP, Diablo is technically still male (or possibly genderless), but the more feminine appearance is simply because of how he regained a physical form.
    So his "evil spirit" is always male no matter the vessel he is using for physical form? Ok, makes sense.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I dont play diablo or know anything about it so pardon my ignorance, but how do you know its Greek and not spanish for El Diablo (The Devil)

Deleted
    Isn't Diablo the spanish word for "Devil"?

I can guesstimate that it's based on that for just being a 'cool' name for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking Diablette.

Maybe Diabletta?

Just another pour demon lost forever to the evils of... cross-dressing.

Or is it another one of those, "its still masculine if she wants me to wear her underwear" sort of things?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

He is not Leah, he is only using her body as a vessel to be reborn... someone did not pay attention to the end of act 3 and beginning of act 4.

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

Hmm, spoiler warning - maybe rename this thread - would be nice for people who don't know what you are eluding to here.

P.S. Diablo has to check his blood sugar, he has Diabletes.

I personally think that the new Diablo was meant to be androgynous as a reference to having both female and male parts in there, Leah aside. Not all of the Evils are male, after all.

It looked more feminine overall than the previous Diablo, but it certainly wasn't distinctly feminine on its own. Some feminine features were present, but so were some masculine ones, not the least of which was the voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    I personally think that the new Diablo was meant to be androgynous as a reference to having both female and male parts in there, Leah aside. Not all of the Evils are male, after all.
    Also a pretty good point, since Andariel is one of them.

Diablo himself is male, he just took over the SPIRIT of Lea, therefore he is still a male who used a female to gain power.
    Just listen to his voice dammit.
    Jamshield - Silvermoon EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Since Diablo is based on the greek Diabolos (male devil) the female version would be Diabolas (female devil). So Diabla instead of Diablo...
    Not when Diablo is "Devil" in Spanish...

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post

HO HO HO!

Good one brah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Hmm, spoiler warning - maybe rename this thread - would be nice for people who don't know what you are eluding to here.
    Is there really anyone left who doesn't know? Its not like it takes very long to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    P.S. Diablo has to check his blood sugar, he has Diabletes.
    Hehe... Good one.

---------- Post added 2012-05-19 at 10:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by omidmash View Post
    Diablo himself is male, he just took over the SPIRIT of Lea, therefore he is still a male who used a female to gain power.
    Just listen to his voice dammit.
    What if Leah just popped a lot of 'roids so she has a "husky" voice now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afraid of the inevitable "fanart" that will be showing up soon because of diablo's transformation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Affixiation View Post
    I'm afraid of the inevitable "fanart" that will be showing up soon because of diablo's transformation.
    Well at least most of it will probably be showing up in the "adult" section so the kiddies, as in the ones who can't find the "Sure I'm 18" button, will be safe from it.

Though I must admit to pondering how Diablette would look in a muumuu. You know, come to think of it, I thought he-she looked sort of like my mother-in-law.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post

It has everything to do with it! if something changes in the game it means the name of the game would also change. Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Is there really anyone left who doesn't know? Its not like it takes very long to get there.

Hehe... Good one.

---------- Post added 2012-05-19 at 10:34 AM ----------

What if Leah just popped a lot of 'roids so she has a "husky" voice now?
    Well not now. I had no clue as my AAD has 3 toons in act III, but none past the first quest or two.

But I space bar through the story, so I don't care
    "Peace is a lie"