It's quiet. Too quiet...

I noticed that there has been a minimal amount of Blue posts and feedback this week. It kinda feels like the calm before the plunge, like something big is about to happen.

I know Diablo 3 just released, but you wouldn't expect that to slow down or stop the feedback process for MoP development.

Anyone else feel this way?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be honest, there were a lot of issues with the launch of D3. They're working to fix that, and that's where their work is going.

No they haven't halted MoP, or HotS (heart of the swarm) to fix it. But the CS people and "floating devs" are probably over in the D3 department right now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm sure the next 2 weeks are being taken up by Diablo launch fielding/advertising/bug fixing/ect...

I'm still expecting a new RaF announcement first week of June (last month of the quarter) so there should be something soon I bet.

EDIT: Trust me, once D3 goes through the hype-machine for the next few weeks (maybe even a month or two), it will be 150% Pandaria until release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brister View Post
    I noticed that there has been a minimal amount of Blue posts and feedback this week. It kinda feels like the calm before the plunge, like something big is about to happen.

I know Diablo 3 just released, but you wouldn't expect that to slow down or stop the feedback process for MoP development.

Go look at the D3 boards and count up the number of CM posts from Zarhym, Bashiok and others. It's all about D3 for a week or so.

D3 is a big thing for Blizzard and I imagine the Diablo forums are jam packed full of people, especially the ones having problems with errors so they might have needed to allocate some people to ease the workload. It's too hard to tell really but I am hoping they increase the level cap to 90 soon so we can test end game content

10+ Year Old Account
    As Gandalf would say in a time like this.

"It's the deep breath before the plunge"

The current amount of people viewing this forum section has been reduced significally aswell. Currently there are only 71 viewing, used to be 1000+

Deleted
    Blaim Diablo for that, pretty much all focus is over there now, from both players and Blizzard.

I wondered the same thing, but the obvious answer has been given in this thread. There'll probably be an update by next monday or wednesday, right now they should just get the servers stable for Diablo 3, which I think they've done well thus far, haven't had problems since day 1. Then again, I play on the European server.

Still, I don't quite expect the level cap to go to 90 by the next update, I do hope it will though, but I think Blizzard needs a little break from over-flooding servers.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The current amount of people viewing this forum section has been reduced significally aswell. Currently there are only 71 viewing, used to be 1000+
    I usually see between 500-800 people at peak times, never seen 1k+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzcrit View Post
    I usually see between 500-800 people at peak times, never seen 1k+
    It goes to over 1K when something big happens, like when the beta opened etc

D3 is probably the reason we are not getting a new filler-raid after DS. Not because they dont have the resources but because Blizz wants us to be bored with WoW a little and buy D3 to haul us over the pre-pandaria period. Its all about the money you know.

I bet Blizzard is trolling everyone and only have a small group of monkeys making everything, and they're chained to their desks and whipped by ghost crawler!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brister View Post

That's what I thought most of cata xpac before I quit... cata had lack of blues most of the time. However, it didn't mean something big was about to happen... we all know the wait between the patches. It was just pure slacking. Get used to it bro... =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Uh, do people think Blizzard is one huge team?
    There's people working on HotS, there are people working with D3, and there are people working on MoP.

They don't just surge over to D3 because there's a percieved "problem"
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Uh, do people think Blizzard is one huge team?
    There's people working on HotS, there are people working with D3, and there are people working on MoP.

They don't just surge over to D3 because there's a percieved "problem"
    No - but the PR team most certainly does. :P

It also may shock you to know that certain devs, like Bashiok, do significant work on Diablo as well. :P

Deleted
    People have their eyes on Diablo right now, so the WoW devs can finally work in relative peace, without having to blurt out stuff just to keep the wolves away from their door.

Because admit it, some of you were checking mmo-champ daily for WoW news while you were waiting for Diablo to be released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    No - but the PR team most certainly does. :P

It also may shock you to know that certain devs, like Bashiok, do significant work on Diablo as well. :P
    He's a Community Manager :|
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Diablo III is out and its a great game, the sun is shining and its 30 degrees with only a slight breeze if any wind at all, summer has practically come for us so I'm just enjoying the weather and playing when I feel like it I hope MoP comes out soonish though, 2-3 months would be nice! I'm not bothered that there aren't any updates at the moment.