whats the name of this game

For the arcade it had one name and for the genesis it was a different game so of course it had a different name but it played the same way. It was a side scroll hack and slash game on a single walking plane (unlike golden axe where you can move up and down the path, more like mario or sonic...). I would like the name of both versions but either one would be fine if anyone remembers.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy029 View Post
    For the arcade it had one name and for the genesis it was a different game so of course it had a different name but it played the same way. It was a side scroll hack and slash game on a single walking plane (unlike golden axe where you can move up and down the path, more like mario or sonic...). I would like the name of both versions but either one would be fine if anyone remembers.
    The only games I can think of off the top of my head are ether Gauntlet Legends, which to my knowledge was not ported to the Genesis, or maybe Altered Beast, which was a similar style to golden axe and had a Genesis port. or maybe Ghouls 'n' Ghosts / Ghosts 'n' Goblins but without a better description I cant think of anything else.
    Last edited by Jailbuild; 2012-05-19 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy029 View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revenge_Of_Shinobi

Maybe? You're not giving a lot to work with. Hack and slash could be a lot of things. Like in the example I provided, its a ninja setting. Do you remember any of the bosses? Did you have an HP bar, or did you die in one hit? Give us more details, if you can remember them.

Quote Originally Posted by Akyle View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revenge_Of_Shinobi

Maybe? You're not giving a lot to work with. Hack and slash could be a lot of things. Like in the example I provided, its a ninja setting. Do you remember any of the bosses? Did you have an HP bar, or did you die in one hit? Give us more details, if you can remember them.
    It was a hero like the warrior from golden axe, the dude started with a sword and a loin clothl. I can't remember much about the gameplay but I do remember if you are over top of breakable ground and you jump in the air then hold down and hit your strike you will plow your weapon through the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluxwave View Post
    yep, that is the sega version though, whats the arcade version?