Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I have some issues with my voice. Apparently, when I end up hearing my voice on Vent (stupid delay), it's a lot deeper (no problem with that, like having a deep voice) and fairly nasally. I do have a rather crappy mic. I recorded my voice reading a few pages, and I damn near fell asleep. I seem to have a rather droning, somewhat monotone voice. If only it was how I heard it in my head when I speak, only deeper. Then it wouldn't be too bad to listen to.

this is why musicians use a thing called "monitor".they have a small speaker behind them, which gives them their own voice / guitar or any other instrument. so they can hear their own sound (which is pretty hard to do otherwise in big stage with huge power amplifiers / speakers) , and compensate eventually delays in stage technique ( guitar to late due to some technical reason) Professional singers also where earphones on studiorecords, which is the same function, the monitor has on stage.

its normal to find records of your own voice "weird" at the beginning, but listening to your own voice is good practice, and u get accustomed to it.

Omg I got the same problem I hate when I hear my voice in the phone or when record me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Hopefully you're old enough to have not been in the generations that use "like" for fucking everything. I try and catch myself and stay concious about it, but all it takes is me being tired or having any moderate amount of alcohol and I'm off the fucking races with that.

Anyways, for the on-topic business - it depends on the audio equipment. Hearing my voice through a phone sounds awful, but when recorded with a very nice microphone and played through good speakers it doesn't bother me.
    Eh, to your first point, I think that once a person realizes that it's acceptable to pause in order to find the right word instead of filling that space with "like" they stop using it.

On your second point, I have to agree. I recorded my voice-mail message on my cell phone and I absolutely hate it. Makes me sound way more nasally than I really am (which is to say, not at all).