Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Red face Pets given new lore

just a few from the pet journal, since they were all given some lore under the info box-

Turquoise Turtle: "Turtles are feared by naga, who consider them bad luck and give them a wide berth on the shores of Azshara."

Zooey Snake: "These reptiles posses hooked scales, allowing them to slither up Kun-Lai Summit's rocky sopes (sic) and steep cliffs."

Elfin Rabbit: "Their proximity to the magic of the elves has caused some of them unnatural long life. And in some elfin rabbits... stranger things."

Kirin Tor Familiar: "To prevent apprentices from secretly using the familiar to complete their chores, the archmagi placed the ritual required to summon these creatures across the pages of several spellbooks hidden throughout Dalaran."

Mule Deer: "It's called a mule because of its big ears. Also been known to transport black market bloodthistle over the border to Quel'Thalas."

Mechanopeep: "Used as a training mount for young gnomes, the Mechanopeep has none of the speed but all of the charm of its bigger brothers."

Phoenix Hatchling: "A child of phoenix god Al'ar, the hatchling takes flight immediately after birth."

Black Rat: "While many believe black cats to be a sign of bad luck, black rats are held in higher esteem."

Dark Phoenix Hatchling: "Fire hatchlings are born from the fire of a phoenix. Dark hatchlings emerge from their shadows."

any other good ones?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Ahhh how neat. I must say, I really do like this.
    Though the turtle bit is odd, the naga used huge dragon turtles as siege weapons in TFT... O well.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty cool
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Egbert: "The sin'dorei use hawkstriders as mounts, but this little one was deemed unfit after being diagnosed with numerous anxiety disorders."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Egbert: "The sin'dorei use hawkstriders as mounts, but this little one was deemed unfit after being diagnosed with numerous anxiety disorders."

Ahhh that's adorable

10+ Year Old Account

Hmm I'm kind of afraid what Willy's will say.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Thats very kewl, then u actually get to know the pets u have

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Ahhh that's adorable
    I had no idea he was supposed to be a hawkstrider baby before reading that, even though, in hindsight, he has the right colourings and feathers... >.<

It's the eyes.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I had no idea he was supposed to be a hawkstrider baby before reading that, even though, in hindsight, he has the right colourings and feathers... >.<

It's the eyes.
    Really? I thought it very obvious, I mean the other one is an elekk baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Really? I thought it very obvious, I mean the other one is an elekk baby.
    Yeah, I thought it was some avian-esque spoof bird, since his model is so hilariously different to the standard hawkstrider one. Ugh...

Also, Mr. Wiggles has the best one: "Many assume "Wiggles" refers to the motion of this pig's posterior. They discover the true meaning when they see their own entrails."

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    Mechanopeep: "Used as a training mount for young gnomes, the Mechanopeep has none of the speed but all of the charm of its bigger brothers."
    DAWWWWWWWWWW
    I just realized how small baby gnomes must be

Deleted
    More flavor added to the pets, which is a good thing

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fossilized Hatchling: "You stare at her, and she just stares right back. So clever: sometimes it seems as if she's figuring out how to open doors."

Jurassic Park reference ftw!

Great! Love little touches like this.

Wonder what 'alliance balloon' will have lol

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyrobot View Post
    Great! Love little touches like this.

Wonder what 'alliance balloon' will have lol
    Just says something about never losing floatiness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    just a few from the pet journal, since they were all given some lore under the info box-

Mule Deer: "It's called a mule because of its big ears. Also been known to transport black market bloodthistle over the border to Quel'Thalas."
    Glad to hear that Murder Row is still presumably, rather, shady, despite the Sunwell's reignition with Holy energies.

Poor, little bugger. But, with a name like that, I'm not surprised with all the stigma he must get.

10+ Year Old Account

It's okay, I still love you, Egbert.

Is there any lore on Deathy, Grunty, Mini-Tyrael, and the Pandaren Monk?

---------- Post added 2012-05-20 at 11:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzina View Post
    Fossilized Hatchling: "You stare at her, and she just stares right back. So clever: sometimes it seems as if she's figuring out how to open doors."

Jurassic Park reference ftw!
    Even Ne'dri knew not to tamper with the Ethereum Containment Grid in the Fossil digs!
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Here's hoping they add the "Still flying" back to the Firefly!

Turtle thing strikes me as odd, because, as someone said, the Naga used dragon turtles as siege beasts in the RTS games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Here's hoping they add the "Still flying" back to the Firefly!

Turtle thing strikes me as odd, because, as someone said, the Naga used dragon turtles as siege beasts in the RTS games.
    Maybe Vashj's naga are the exception to the rule, since Vashj'ir is an area full of sea turtles?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I'm loving these
    Huge Pet fanatic, and I was always ok with them just being little pets that did nothing, weren't of any importance in the grand scheme of things etc.

But I love the little tid bit infos on them tie that in with being able to name them and I am a happy bunny, though with over 195 pets I'm sure I'm gonna have a hellish time naming them all, plus any new little critters I may adopt

Here's some of the ones I thought were amusing/interesting