View Poll Results: Which date seems realistic for release?

Voters
2187. This poll is closed
  • August 28

260 11.89%
  • September 4

211 9.65%
  • September 11

213 9.74%
  • September 18

380 17.38%
  • September 25

449 20.53%
  • OCTOBER 2

674 30.82%
Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wolfheart and Stormrage both came out after Cata was released yet are both set before it. The book release dates don't mean a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    OMG!!! So what you are totally saying is because they are in WOWBD item list that this is means that they have been implemented! and the loot tables for brewfest are already in place!!! and there is no way on earth they could put them in there and not actually use them! Holy shit!! You are onto something there!
    No, he's saying that Blizzard would only have spent the time on the Brewfest items if they intended MoP to be out before Brewfest started. They would not waste the time making items that they don't plan on using for more than a year, especially not while in development of a beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dethlyhallows View Post
    Expect a late september to early October. The Prelude of Mists of Pandaria "Jaina Proudmoore-Tides of War" will be release on August 28. That date is most likely when the ingame events start to take place when we have the transition period. In Cataclysm we also had a book "The shattering" which preluded into the Cataclysm. The book was released on August 31, 2010 while the game released on Dec 7, 2010. If this is true, which seems to be since the book has to be released before the expansion, we'll be looking at an expected expansion release of September/October. Summer releases never sell well too.

A whole bunch of people in MMO-C have been suggesting that the game would release on July/August, which is not too far off, but they still have nothing to back up unless you count faith. See you in Pandaria September/October!!!

EDIT: No, guys. I am not talking about Twilight of the Aspects which was released WAY later into the expansion. I am talking about, if you read the whole post, THE SHATTERING.
    Yeah, your guess about the game coinciding with a book release is much more solid than just a much larger group of people using past Beta experiances and calcucating the release date from there.

---------- Post added 2012-05-20 at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    No, he's saying that Blizzard would only have spent the time on the Brewfest items if they intended MoP to be out before Brewfest started. They would not waste the time making items that they don't plan on using for more than a year, especially not while in development of a beta.
    Then explain why there's always Heroic versions of VP gear in the game files? Explain why there's Heroic versions of BWD/BoT trash loot? I agree with you that it will be out before Brewfest, but the loot table argument really doesn't mean anything. Also, as for them spending time on making those items, they haven't, they're exactly the same trinkets, just that the values have been tuned up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? Saves them doing it later. Perhaps because brewfest has a link to pandas, they are implementing into the beta and there may be NEW shit?

They should seriously release an expansion in july or august.
    Wtf am i supposed to do in WoW while waiting for a November / December release ?

Because of diablo 3, my wow activities became Log In > Guild Raid > Log Out :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yay. Dragon Soul must be the new ICC then. Though I wouldn't place my bets just because of a book and it's release date.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Difference between this character book and the others it is that this is a PRELUDE to MISTS. While others are not. It was even stated. This book is perfect as a character book and at the same time a prelude. Who else other than Proudmoore to pick? She doesn't pick sides until at point during the novel. Showing both sides of Horde and Alliance as she, Jaina, does have many good contacts in the Horde. You all are talking about non sense how I am picking things out of my butt, and all, predicting betas and such- but YOU don't know how much content there is to test, look at other betas. Every single one had a different amount and you cannot compare one to another because of the different things they brought. You don't know how much there is to test. Also- saying Blizzard won't hold the game for the book. Sorry- Blizzard is NOT going to wait to sell the game, but they also aren't going to sell it at the worse time possible. IN THE SUMMER.

No way in hell. August is the most likely month for a release date at this point.

-It does fit with Blizzard's goal of faster expansion releases (I realize this is a weak point)
    -Beta. If we were STILL waiting for the beta, you would have a point. But Beta came out on March 22. You are implying that the beta will last well over 6 months, which is completely outrageous. Betas tend to go for 4 months, with a few weeks between the beta closing and the expansion release. This makes an August release most likely. (Cataclysm beta was indeed longer than 4 months, this was due to the massive amount of remade zones). To add to this point, the music patch just came, which implies that we are pretty far into the beta progress already when contrasting to the cataclysm beta.
    -Brewfest 90 items are on the beta. Why would they put them in the game over a year in advance? They are likely planning for a release before brewfest (September)(Probably also a weak point, but still to be considered.
    -August fits in well with the Dragon Soul stacking nerf

Any prediction later than September is complete nonsense. Mainly due to the Beta. No matter how you twist it, the expansion is not going to be released over 6 months after the Beta is released.
    Last edited by Dragonwing; 2012-05-20 at 03:57 PM.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Oh yay. Dragon Soul must be the new ICC then. Though I wouldn't place my bets just because of a book and it's release date.
    ICC > Dragon Soul (my opinion)
    because

12 bosses vs 7.5 bosses (yes i did all DS bosses on hc with the nerf bla bla dont bother plz)
    2 Split Modes 10/10HC / 25/25HC vs 1 Mode N or HC (correct me if im wrong)

ICC was actually released wing by wing it wasnt all released on day 1 of patch

my point is that ICC kept me fairly busy and didnt make me wait around
    for blizzard to say something about X Expansion's release
    Last edited by Gamez; 2012-05-20 at 03:58 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notintheface View Post
    According to that, MoP is already released! Mind=Blown
    WHat it means is that book releases are not at all related to expansion releases.

Since the pre-event will be the siege anyway, the book would just be supplamental and serve to give us more backstory into why it happened.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure, just like all those different halloween masks datamined in late bc or early wrath that were added the very next hallow's end that happened! Oh no, wait, they didn't come out until years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Deleted
    yay for more Cata!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    No way in hell. August is the most likely month for a release date at this point.

-It does fit with Blizzard's goal of faster expansion releases (I realize this is a weak point)
    -Beta. If we were STILL waiting for the beta, you would have a point. But Beta came out on March 22. You are implying that the beta will last well over 6 months, which is completely outrageous. Betas tend to go for 4 months, with a few weeks between the beta closing and the expansion release. This makes an August release most likely. (Cataclysm beta was indeed longer than 4 months, this was due to the massive amount of remade zones). To add to this point, the music patch just came, which implies that we are pretty far into the beta progress already when contrasting to the cataclysm beta.
    -Brewfest 90 items are on the beta. Why would they put them in the game over a year in advance? They are likely planning for a release before brewfest (September)(Probably also a weak point, but still to be considered.
    -August fits in well with the Dragon Soul stacking nerf

Any prediction later than September is complete nonsense. Mainly due to the Beta. No matter how you twist it, the expansion is not going to be released over 6 months after the Beta is released.
    ****Mists of Pandaria- who Blizzard themselves have said - is suppost to have as much content released as Wrath of the Lich King. How long was WOTLK's beta? 6months.

Quote Originally Posted by Nearox View Post
    What a fail post from the OP.

Check the latest WOWDB item list. You will see epic items have been added for Brewfest. As Brewfest is usually around the 3rd week of september, and as these epic items have an ilvl which is slightly lower than the ilvl from epics that drop in normal raids, one can fairly assume the release date will be no later than this.

Don't make a dumb OP on the basis of useless and fabricated information.
    If it was july/august we'd have a release date right now.

Don't forget that the Goblin/Worgen masks were included in a Wrath-Patch... and WELL before a year until they actually showed up in Cataclysm. Being in there now doesn't mean squat...

Deleted

It's as good a theory as any. Much better than the ilvl brewfest sillyness. How long have heirloom pants been in the game files now? Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Raevene View Post
    Wolfheart and Stormrage both came out after Cata was released yet are both set before it. The book release dates don't mean a thing.
    Stormrage was released February 23rd, 2010 - it was released WAY before Cataclysm, by damn near 1 year. It was a set-up for the events in Cataclysm (particularly the awakening of Malfurion Stormrage and Ysera, and the description/containment of the Emerald Nightmare). That book came out before Ruby Sanctum was released ...you couldn't have been more wrong on that front. >_<

Wolfheart events are set during the Cataclysm - just like Thrall:Twilight of the Aspects was set-up for 4.3.

Quote Originally Posted by dethlyhallows View Post
    Beta averages don't matter since every expansion has a different amount of work done. (i.e. Cataclysm was longer because of the rework to old world). The shattering and Tides of War are both preludes to the new expansions and the shattering was released before the world events or during, but not after. Why? It's a prelude. We cannot go into Mists without the Proudmoore book since we have no knowledge what the heck is making the Horde attack Theramore. I know many don't read it, but it is the legit "lore" you all so praise. That is the story that will carry on into Mists. The book is/has to be released before the expansion and shortly after the world event following mists. I am much confident of that release date. Summer releases, like I have said, never go well. Why? I highly doubt half of the pop that plays WoW will preffer being inside when it's 90 out. Not all of us are dungeon rats. :P
    the ONLY thing you can be sure of is that because bli$$ard are so cheap, the login servers will be down on launch day and have reocurring downtime during weekends.

bullshit h

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Wasn't that more related to patch 4.2? Which was summer 2011 too?
    4.2 came out June 29th (IIRC). My guild's Shannox kill was on night 1 of raiding that place, and we raid Thursdays (Our kill is marked July 1st), so yeah, it was in the Summer.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.