View Poll Results: Which date seems realistic for release?

Voters
2187. This poll is closed
  • August 28

260 11.89%
  • September 4

211 9.65%
  • September 11

213 9.74%
  • September 18

380 17.38%
  • September 25

449 20.53%
  • OCTOBER 2

674 30.82%
Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    It will just be the lvl 85 event for the entire duration.
    That would be my guess as well

well

looks like i was spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    Yeppers. I thought it wouldn't be out until October so I was wrong there. But I never doubted that there would be 2 months lead time for the announcement.
    I was expecting October also.

Deleted
    Strange how someone with a claim to an inside source would repeatedly try to dismiss a 60 day window between announce and release in the few weeks before the announcement, despite having apparently already been informed of their timeline by said inside source, only for the announcement to come exactly a full 2 months before release. Hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by A Ninja View Post
    Strange how someone with a claim to an inside source would repeatedly try to dismiss a 60 day window between announce and release in the few weeks before the announcement, despite having apparently already been informed of their timeline by said inside source, only for the announcement to come exactly a full 2 months before release. Hilarious!
    Its the internet, everybody is somebody here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    What do you mean by "you people"
    People playing in this time.

And again, wisdom beats fanboism and "my friend told me" .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Ninja View Post
    Only trying to dismiss the claim that people were claiming that it was a law or a that it was required by retailers that a public announcement was made 60 days prior, and used Apple as the "case study" to show it in action. I said Blizzard could or could not be taking this route, time would tell.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair and to fess up: I'm on record as saying mid-August (check my post history...it's there a bunch of times) so I lost out on the office pool.

I gave up on that when they pulled the level 85 zone out of the beta entirely to be reworked. The more important thing I stressed a couple of months ago was that they'd get it out in Q3 which they're going to do.

At the very least, it's good to know and can now make some plans about how to get ready for it. Onward.

For the record any time i mentioned the release I said the 3rd-4th week of September I win!
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by istrain View Post
    I've rather enjoyed re-reading all the posts from people claiming the July/August release while I sit here on July 19th. You'd think you would grow tired of being wrong all the time.

Late Sept to mid-October as I've been saying all along. Just early enough so Blizzard can say, "See? We said we'd put it out faster then before."

The rate of the 5% buff increases in Dragon Soul should have been enough for people to do the math on it. That being said, it could still drag into early November too if Blizzard thinks they can withstand the crying.
    It's hard being this good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by istrain View Post
    It's hard being this good.
    You basically guessed an entire month!

I am going on record to say that the next expansion (after MOP, Emerald Dream or what have you) will be released August 5th (a Tuesday) 2014!!!

You heard it here first!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fail.... >_< Blah, so much for my "September 18th at the latest" thing but at least I still have "no later than September" even if the 25 is barely that. Still a lot better than calling for November/December. <_< Still I was wrong enough even if it was only a week late, Blizzard did indeed stick with the ~60 day window.

Quote Originally Posted by phenom568 View Post
    Except that Brewfest starts on the 20th and him and just about everyone in this thread were saying it would happen before brewfest because of the item update. Me and many others judging by the poll thought brewfest was irrelevant and frankly it is. Many if not most will not hit max level before brewfest ends. Also correct me if I am wrong but is this the first time an expansion has been launched in the middle of a holliday? And how do they plan to handle the boss for the first 5 days. Will we just not be able to do him, which might anger those who only need this holiday, or will we be able to do him for 5 days and still get the upgraded loot.
    They could always just extend it a week and probably will at least five days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brister View Post
    I am going on record to say that the next expansion (after MOP, Emerald Dream or what have you) will be released August 5th (a Tuesday) 2014!!!

You heard it here first!!!
    I'll place my bets on 22nd July :P

Quote Originally Posted by phenom568 View Post
    Except that Brewfest starts on the 20th and him and just about everyone in this thread were saying it would happen before brewfest because of the item update. Me and many others judging by the poll thought brewfest was irrelevant and frankly it is. Many if not most will not hit max level before brewfest ends. Also correct me if I am wrong but is this the first time an expansion has been launched in the middle of a holliday? And how do they plan to handle the boss for the first 5 days. Will we just not be able to do him, which might anger those who only need this holiday, or will we be able to do him for 5 days and still get the upgraded loot.
    My thought is that the beginning of Brewfest will be centered around Chen and maybe some lead in quests during the pre-event, then after MOP releases, the remaining 11 days of Brewfest will be level 90 content. Leveling to 90 (or maybe even lower if they lower the level requirement) doesn't sound too bad to do in 11 days for most players. But I could be wrong...

10+ Year Old Account
    So... I have a few minutes to clear the air a bit..... yes I was told at the end of the Aug that the "GOAL" was to release on Sept 25th and announce before July 25th, After they had an "All hands on Deck" meeting. I was starting to get nervous. I didn't know EXACTLY when the announcement was going to be made though and it was getting down to the wire. but over the last couple days with the tweets and meeting yesterday, it was clear that today was the day. I know some of you do not believe me and that's fine, I'm ok with that. I know that will happen when someone is willing to try to share what he can when he can in the fashion I did. But I tried to point out clues to narrow the search, like eliminating Nov/Dec completely by using REAL clues and logic each most of you saw regardless too. I'm truly sorry if I came across like a jerk at times I didn't mean to, it wasn't my intention. but text being what it is and me HAVING to be vague because of my promise it came out that way.

I do want to leave you this, I know it's not much and it might not help. but it's something...

Let it be clear to every reader that we should take anyone who is acting like a whistleblower with a huge grain of salt and a healthy dosis of skepsis.
    100% agree. Be skeptical of me and of you, We don't know ANYONE here from Adam. NO ONE here is beyond reproach. So one else said it well "The Internet is the ultimate anonymity". Am I REALLY a 36 year old married IT Manager from Ridgecrest CA with a 14 year daughter who works for a Naval IT contractor? dunno. "looks down... looks over to my daughter and stepsons.... " yep... Do I REALLY drive a 2010 Chevy Camaro SS Special Limited Transformers Edition "BumbleBee"? maybe. actually.. yes I do. :P
    I've made a couple claims about myself over time... One I can not prove to you as much as I'd like to due to reasons. I'll deal with that. I'm a big boy. I shared some of my personal life here. Is it true? you don't know, but you didn't believe my first claim so why would believe that it be true as well? I could be a 15 year old kid from Kansas City?
    But the last claim here.... My Car.... I decided.. I could try to prove this claim in a way.. If it helps substantiate the rest a little bit for some then great.. if not.. then oh well.. I am fine...

Very humbly,
    Bristae

PS... It's actually my wife's car.... She's the muscle car freak in the family. lol But I do drive it
    Last edited by Bristae; 2012-07-25 at 07:22 PM.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    I'll place my bets on 22nd July :P
    I think this expansion will be stretched as they add more things to do at end game (pet battles, farm ville, rep for individual NPC's, possibly more in later patches)

So Nov 4th, 2014.

You were mostly all wrong.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.