View Poll Results: Which date seems realistic for release?

Voters
2187. This poll is closed
  • August 28

260 11.89%
  • September 4

211 9.65%
  • September 11

213 9.74%
  • September 18

380 17.38%
  • September 25

449 20.53%
  • OCTOBER 2

674 30.82%
Page 21 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i dont see if happening. The only reason they did annual pass was because they knew that they were going to have people burnout and not enough content to go through but they can't just say "we think you should unsubscribe until we get something out"

Deleted
    Tbh, around october would make sense to keep the annual pass people still subscribed. Who would resub 2 months until like december for nothing? But if MoP hits in october the annual passers will open wallet for both x-pac and another couple of months subfee. Blizzard would never turn down that kind of profit, you know it, I know it, the man in the tree knows it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the AP is a factor in when Blizz decides to release the game, or at least was when they were planning a goal line too aim for. Right now, they ar too far in to the process to make much difference to wether or not they actually make the AP date or not, though I'm confident they won't shoot past it.

I'm not so sure Blizz is depending on AP to retain or win back subs through releasing Mists though. I think Mists will take care of that on it's own anyway. With the amount of new features and a very definite acknowledgement that they want to make sure we have stuff to do at max level I'm pretty sure Blizz will make sure people stay more loyal to the game then they were in Cata, where record sales turned into a substantial sub loss. The Mists release will be an early indicator of if they are able to release content on time and prevent the playerbase from getting bored and leaving during the remainder of the expansion.

So I'm very much hoping on a September release, to show that Blizz is serious and can deliver on content, on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Tbh, around october would make sense to keep the annual pass people still subscribed. Who would resub 2 months until like december for nothing? But if MoP hits in october the annual passers will open wallet for both x-pac and another couple of months subfee. Blizzard would never turn down that kind of profit, you know it, I know it, the man in the tree knows it.
    True. But everything seems to point at september. October being the runner up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dethlyhallows View Post
    True. But everything seems to point at september. October being the runner up.
    Still feel October is way too late.. Brewfest items.. (inb4 I know I know it could be for NEXT year.. HIGHLY doubt next year will see ilvl what is it 470? gear being useful.) Aug 28th - Sept 4th or 11th is still looking prime. That would give people more than enough time to level to 90 in time for Brewfest.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 06:51 PM ----------

Ok all you smarties out there... I have a good question for you. IF as you all claim that the holiday items for brewfest and halloween were updated "just ahead of time for next year" and not really meant for this year at all...... because blizzard is shooting for November/December still.... ..

then please answer me this then... as I was looking through the items that have been datamined thus far in the mop.wowhead.com database. I noticed items missing then IF the "theory" above was true.... Where oh where is the new ilevel 470 Midsummer festival items? I see now... Surely Blizzard would have put them in as well since they went ahead and put in brewfest and halloween's for next year already!.. right? ..... hmmmmmm... :smirk: anyone? WAIT I KNOW.........does anyone else?
    Last edited by Bristae; 2012-06-26 at 01:44 AM.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    Still feel October is way too late.. Brewfest items.. (inb4 I know I know it could be for NEXT year.. HIGHLY doubt next year will see ilvl what is it 470? gear being useful.) Aug 28th - Sept 4th or 11th is still looking prime. That would give people more than enough time to level to 90 in time for Brewfest.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 06:51 PM ----------

Ok all you smarties out there... I have a good question for you. IF as you all claim that the holiday items for brewfest and halloween were updated "just ahead of time for next year" and not really meant for this year at all...... because blizzard is shooting for November/December still.... ..

then please answer me this then... as I was looking through the items that have been datamined thus far in the mop.wowhead.com database. I noticed items missing then IF the "theory" above was true.... Where oh where is the new ilevel 470 Midsummer festival items? I see now... Surely Blizzard would have put them in as well since they went ahead and put in brewfest and halloween's for next year already!.. right? ..... hmmmmmm... :smirk: anyone? WAIT I KNOW.........does anyone else?
    We need a release date announcement soon for theories to be correct. We have almost 2 weeks for an early september to be prime.

The book is related to the alliance vs. horde war. Expect it to come out right before 5.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cortelas View Post
    The book is related to the alliance vs. horde war. Expect it to come out right before 5.1.
    Say what? Which book?

Jaina? Amazon has it at August 28th right now.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I think October is too late. October would make sense for the annual pass people but that's only like 2 mio people. So what's with the other 8 mio people? In October we're at 11 months of DS which is worse than ICC because DS has less bosses and with ICC we had RS and it took longer for ICC to be cleared. It has to be released in August or at latest in September because people are already bored and quit the game and Blizzard don't want another big loss in numbers.

When they released it while the annual pass is still active people will buy the expansion no matter what because they have some time left and need the add-on to play with other people and do other things than the things they already did for almost a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Say what? Which book?

Jaina? Amazon has it at August 28th right now.
    If the book is out August 28, can we expect MoP to be released anytime near there, or after? As you say, 5.1 would be then. With that, my guess is MoP would be out two weeks later. That puts release in September.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    If the book is out August 28, can we expect MoP to be released anytime near there, or after? As you say, 5.1 would be then. With that, my guess is MoP would be out two weeks later. That puts release in September.
    5.1??? I didn't say anything about 5.1... 5.1 would be like... MUCH later down the road after MoP is released... sometime after the first of the year I'm sure. unless you mean 5.0.1. Nothing says the book can't be released the same day or the week before the expansion. Seriously why do you guys think things HAVE to be certain ways??
    Fanboy (Fanboi):

Quote Originally Posted by Meejum View Post
    when is guild wars 2 going to be released? expect panda to be somewhere around there.
    Blizzard isn't waiting until Q4 when Arenanet is ready. Mop will be done sooner than that and they would only be giving GW2 players by holding off.

... Nothing says the book can't be released the same day or the week before the expansion. Seriously why do you guys think things HAVE to be certain ways??
    The book is about how Jaina changed to the new one in MoP and people think that the book has to come out before MoP so that people can read the lore before it happens in-game. But people seem to forget that with a high chance the important things why Jaina changed (like the destruction of Theramore) will be told in the game and therefore the book doesn't have to come out before MoP because we get to know enough in the game and whoever wants to learn more can read the book later.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Blizzard generally announces the release date 2 months prior.
    I think generally went out the window the moment the annual pass was announced and everything that has happened since.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    Oh for gods sake I usually stay away from these posts but shut up already. The guy didn't even say anything about that, he merely pointed out that it'd be a good idea for Blizzard to release Pandaria around the same time as Guild Wars 2, if that is somewhere around q3-4. MMO-players have a tendency to get attached to a game really quickly, so it'd only make sense for Blizzard to release it around the same time, to minimize the amount of players leaving and sticking with GW2. If they don't, and they release it after, or before, chances are that people will have already invested 2-3 months in a new MMO and plan to stick it out for a while instead of switching back to WoW. If MoP releases before Guild Wars 2, people could (note, could) be bored really quickly and stop playing WoW again after a month. Blizzard needs to be smart about when to release this expansion, which would explain why they still haven't given a release date yet, despite being so far along in the beta.
    Honestly given how much rabid hatred there is towards Blizzard on these forums it tends to be implied that any game that isn't made by Blizzard is a wow killer.

my guess is 2 months after annualpass/betaclose, so op is prob. right
    What are you going to do? Stand behind a tank and massage their back to give them courage?

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Sorry, nothing can fail as much as you. If you used even part of your brain here, you would realise that because GW2 has NO SUBSCRIPTION FEE, it won't kill any mmo, just be there along side. But sure, Rift is dead, ow wait no it ain't. TOR is dead, yea partially, but still some servers are damn busy. So nice fail there.
    Yet the people who continually bring up GW2 when it isn't even relevant to any discussion about this game are intelligent and have something to contribute?

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    totally not this summer....the ptr for the talents aren't even out...raids need to be tested 2.definitely not this summer
    You are aware raids are typically tested the past 4-6 weeks of beta right? Testing has already started. So what were you saying again?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    If SWToR had a playable Jar Jar Binks character, you know it would have killed WoW. Kids like Jar Jar even though he makes Ewoks look like Shaft.
    LMAO! Sig worthy line right here.

Yea, I'm going to have to agree with a mid-August release for MoP. If they delay it to mess with GW2 I fear that they'll fail. Not because "OMG GW2 WoW KILLER" but just cause DS for an entire year would probably bleed no less than another million subs.

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 05:55 AM ----------

5.1??? I didn't say anything about 5.1... 5.1 would be like... MUCH later down the road after MoP is released... sometime after the first of the year I'm sure. unless you mean 5.0.1. Nothing says the book can't be released the same day or the week before the expansion. Seriously why do you guys think things HAVE to be certain ways??
    Human beings; attempting to find patterns in all the random since 1981.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    The book is about how Jaina changed to the new one in MoP and people think that the book has to come out before MoP so that people can read the lore before it happens in-game. But people seem to forget that with a high chance the important things why Jaina changed (like the destruction of Theramore) will be told in the game and therefore the book doesn't have to come out before MoP because we get to know enough in the game and whoever wants to learn more can read the book later.
    Exactly!!!! It could come out ANYTIME! My point exactly.... Amazon has it set for August 28th is all I said earlier.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    its sick how they gave an Annual pass, just to lock us into a year of Stale content.... poor show, i feel cheated and violated.
    like really, Over £100 with no new content.
    They told us point blank before they even offered the annual pass that 4.3 was the last content patch of Cata. No one was scammed no one was tricked.

Deleted
    its sick how they gave an Annual pass, just to lock us into a year of Stale content.... poor show, i feel cheated and violated.
    like really, Over £100 with no new content.
    It was 92 Ł for me only, and I got almost the half ot it already back, because of RMAH, and I'm enjoying D3 and MoP beta really much.
    Totally worthed it!