Ore price thresh-hold

I've only recently leveled my Enchanting to max since I am lazy, it costs a fortune and I 'aint no rich man and as a result have only realised the real power that it coupled with JC can have. So what would you say the thresh-hold amount per ore, or for a stack, that will result in the max gold per investment. Should I wait for there to be some sort of ratio like 1.7 per unit since that results in all prospects being worth something? Say that at any given point it will be 15% per 5 Elementium that I will proc a uncommon or rare red that I should only care if i can buy it for say less than 40g per stack.

TL;DR: What is the thresh-hold amount per stack for Obsidium, Elementium and Pyrium ore to it be worth doing the shuffle? Note: I am using Enchanting, JC and Alchemy Transmute spec.

Also is there a macro to help speed it up?
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

I've made 10k from the JC shuffle so far just today. I buy elementium ore at 35g/stack. For example, i buy 20 stacks of elementium prospect it and vender the crappy gems. Then, let's just say i get 12 carnelian, i mail then to my alchemist and make inferno rubies. All i do is make red gems, and camp all of my auctions, hard. I usually keep atleast 4 brilliant inferno's up at a time aswell as 2 delicates and 2 bolds (i don't bother with the other red +40 gems), whenever i see someone bought one or more, i instantly replace them. Now at first i didn't do the enchanting step of the shuffle which was a HUGE mistake, a stack of greater cellestial essence ( think i spelled that wrong ) goes for 549g which is a significant amount.

Now, during this whole time i'm saying in trade "WTS Brilliant Queen's Garnite CHEAP PST" Usually the raw gem goes for about 640g on my server. I never actually buy these gems until i get a buyer. Let's say i get a whisper saying "5 please", i go to the AH, buy up 5 raw gems and cut them. I usually sell them for about 700g each because the AH price is 1.2k per. That's just another easy way to make a few extra gold. Good Luck, if i left something out or if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

I will never pay anymore than 25g for elementium ore. I sell Greater Celestials for 30g, H. shards for 60-100g, and stacks of dust for 10g-20g. On top of this, I craft all the pvp rings / necks and sell those for 300-400g each. I will transmute zeph into ocean sapphire. After making the rings / necks, I cut the rest of the gems and sell those. I will invest 2k and gain a return of 5-7k depending on the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    AutomaticBadger,
    It's all going to depend on your server. Each server and each faction will have a different market. If you can provide your Region (US/EU), Server, and Faction, I'll do some quick research for you on TheUndermineJournal. =)

A Quick macro that can help with prospecting:
    /cast prospect
    /use Pyrite Ore
    /use Elementium Ore
    /use Obsidium Ore
    /use Copper Ore

Click or push key many times or if you have some sort of bobber, set that on the key.
    YouTube Channel. TTTT
    "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go went to do look more like."
    "just cuz u can't comrepehdnable the situational understand in to they of those that spoked to the point in understandable them and then comprehend what their said to them and until then dont spoke."

10+ Year Old Account
    This should help you along, OP. http://stormspire.net/consortium-qua...g-newbies.html

Take special notice of the spreadsheet linked at the bottom of the article. While maybe not a perfect tool, it will show you much of what you need to know if you set it up right.

I've found that the best...guideline for what you're looking for is that the price of a single red gem cut needs to be worth at LEAST twice the cost of one stack of ore. I've found that over the course of prospecting almost 500 stacks and transmuting what I can to red, I end up with roughly 1 red gem per 2 stacks. So, if the cost of 1 red gem is > the cost of 2 stacks, then you will profit. And obviously the higher the better.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

I'm sorry this is off topic but its sad you felt the need to have a TLDR for 4 sentences.

Here is the DE macro I use. It DE's every green item from my JC. It doesnt, however, DE the blue quality items.

#showtooltip Disenchant
    /cast Disenchant
    /use item:52306
    /use item:52307
    /use item:52308
    /use item:52309
    /use item:52492
    Last edited by reohh; 2012-05-22 at 05:22 AM.