Thread: 100M Credits

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Ilum/Corellia/Belsavis dailys take about an hour a day to complete (2 manning) and give you 300k+ a day and an extra 400k every 4 days (server dependent)..
    Last edited by Brooxi; 2012-05-21 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    No, it's not a sarcastic joke... I could do a week's worth of PvP, a few hours a day, and end up with at least 1 million credits. Seriously, it's not junk, just do it. There's no hidden secret to making credits.
    PvP gives an ok amount of credits, but it's hardly that much, to get a million credits JUST from PvP in a week you'd have to do like 200 games or so, it's not really a fast or effective way to make money, it's certainly a nice benefit to spending your time there, but it's not really a great thing to do if your main aim is the credits themselves, it's pretty poor.

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 05:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    Ilum/Corellia/Belsavis dailys take about an hour a day to complete (2 manning) and give you 300k+ a day and an extra 400k every 4 days (server dependent) and only take an hour tops to do each day.
    Aye, the drops you get and the Epic Mods can bump up that money quite a bit, but at the end of the day, the Dailies are still boring as hell, and I think that's why most people simply just don't want to do them on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    PvP gives an ok amount of credits, but it's hardly that much, to get a million credits JUST from PvP in a week you'd have to do like 200 games or so, it's not really a fast or effective way to make money, it's certainly a nice benefit to spending your time there, but it's not really a great thing to do if your main aim is the credits themselves, it's pretty poor.

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 05:22 AM ----------

Aye, the drops you get and the Epic Mods can bump up that money quite a bit, but at the end of the day, the Dailies are still boring as hell, and I think that's why most people simply just don't want to do them on a regular basis.
    I think with pvp, it's just mostly the "I wanna pvp.... Oh look, I made money" deal. It's great if your goal is to pvp, but if your goal is credits, it's certainly not the most efficient route.

As for the dailies, I always see the "casual" say "I shouldn't have to do dailies, I don't have time, I don't play as much as you, I don't want to do dailies" etc etc etc. But the thing they forget is that NOBODY wants to do dailies. Ok, maybe not literally nobody, but certainly not the majority of the player base of any play mentality. I certainly don't wake up and go "Man, I can't wait to do the exact same quests I did every day for the past three weeks," however, when I want to make credits, its a easy sure fire way to do it.

So really it's prioritizing. If your main goal is to make money, you need to do the things that make money, no matter how much play time you have, or what you want to be doing that day. If you want to do heroic, then just do heroics and don't worry about the credits. You probably don't need them anyway being there isn't much to buy.

Nice achievement man. I think the actual credit cap is 4 billion if I remember correctly from the beta patch notes. I wonder when someone will hit that cap

i think you could give 100k to every person who plays star wars and have money left over

While I would love 100K I can't imagine EA/Bioware having the dough to shell out 130,000,000,000. Please post constructively. -Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-05-21 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    So how do you make all this money?
    Look at his inventory and you should be able to figure out how they make at least some of it. Nobody needs that many implants for their own use. Depending on which ones those will sell for a million credits +/- by themselves easily.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    Ilum/Corellia/Belsavis dailys take about an hour a day to complete (2 manning) and give you 300k+ a day and an extra 400k every 4 days (server dependent)..
    Finding a group to 2 man the dailies on anything remotely resembling a regular basis on my server is about the same as the odds of me winning the lottery...every day of the week. Without ever buying a lottery ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Finding a group to 2 man the dailies on anything remotely resembling a regular basis on my server is about the same as the odds of me winning the lottery...every day of the week. Without ever buying a lottery ticket.
    very true on my server as well. There will occasionally be another level 50 character or two on belsavis or illum but most of the time people don't respond when I ask if they want to group for the heroic dailies. It's almost as hard to get a FP group so I can't get geared and solo the group quests like some people might suggest or something (wouldn't be surprised if the same people who say "it's easy to get money, just do dailes" say that it is possible to solo 50 heroic quests because obviously they are so great and everything is easy).

Raelis idea is the best because it actually seems possible. My server is insanely imbalanced so as he suggests I could take advantage of that. Thanks to cross faction mailing it is perfectly possible and can be quite efficient once i find the right things to sell.

Dailies never get enough money and they are SUPER tedious and boring to grind out 30-40 of them a day for over a week to just get a few (2-3) million or so that will be lost after 2 purchases. Crafting for stuff that actually sells well is also a big pain and only comes out as profit with a lot of work since purple underground materials take forever to get even with all 5 of my companions maxxed out on affection doing missions 3 or so times a day each. Then I don't enjoy PVP, that is my personal block but it is just one less option for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's...a lot of money. Congrats. I can barely keep my head above 200k or so. I fall victim to twinking...

Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    i think you could give 100k to every person who plays star wars and have money left over
    That would make SWTOR have an incredibly, incredibly tiny playerbase

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post
    Dailies never get enough money and they are SUPER tedious and boring to grind out 30-40 of them a day for over a week to just get a few (2-3) million or so that will be lost after 2 purchases. Crafting for stuff that actually sells well is also a big pain and only comes out as profit with a lot of work since purple underground materials take forever to get even with all 5 of my companions maxxed out on affection doing missions 3 or so times a day each. Then I don't enjoy PVP, that is my personal block but it is just one less option for me.
    Honestly it seems like you just want credits but you don't want to work for it. People have suggested PvP, dailies, and crafting, but all you say is "too boring, don't want." Just excuse after excuse tbh.

Please post constructively
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-05-21 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    PVP works, but since the 1.2 patch isn't as profitable as it used to be. Crafting / playing the AH (especially between republic and Empire as some have cleverly pointed out) is the best bet at the moment. Also, as boring as they may be, dailies do the trick too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    So how do you make all this money?
    From what it looks like in his inventory, from implants and such.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    That would make SWTOR have an incredibly, incredibly tiny playerbase

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 07:44 PM ----------

Honestly it seems like you just want credits but you don't want to work for it. People have suggested PvP, dailies, and crafting, but all you say is "too boring, don't want." Just excuse after excuse tbh.
    From someone who has 6k posts on this forum, you would think you would have a little decorum in your attempts at conversation. But, I'm guessing you just really like to do an activity that I am not allowed to call you out on. He thanked someone for a very thoughtful, informative post, and your response is to come in and start bashing him without even reading what was going on.

Grow up and post constructively. No one here thinks you are special.

To the OP - grats...that's an awesome achievement.

Please post constructively. If you have an issue with another forum poster then report the post or the member and move on. -Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-05-21 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    From someone who has 6k posts on this forum, you would think you would have a little decorum in your attempts at conversation. But, I'm guessing you just really like to do an activity that I am not allowed to call you out on. He thanked someone for a very thoughtful, informative post, and your response is to come in and start bashing him without even reading what was going on.

Grow up and post constructively. No one here thinks you are special.

To the OP - grats...that's an awesome achievement.
    Yay! another nice person, Good to see another one! Thank you for being thoughtful and not attacking me because I do things differently.

I hate to post off subject like this but There isn't much content to work off of the OP other then saying "ooo, awwww" and discussing money in the game which I already have. Gotta thank/congratulate the nice ones though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well congrats on the achievement! I was aiming for that goal as well... but then I got EXTREMELY lazy. I'm just capping out around 50-60mill depending on what I feel like doing. Glad to see someone actually do it though!

Before 1.2 was out I had 27 million credits, and if I still played 100 million wouldn't be too hard at all.

Simple, get multiple high level chars able to run 5 crew skills each, log in 2-4 times a day, and queue up slicing/underworld trading/treasure hunting missions and sell everything you get. Every time you log in you make 40-150k doing basically nothing.
    Last edited by eddo69; 2012-05-23 at 04:48 AM.

<Snip>

Please don't making posts advocating breaking the ToS in games.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-05-23 at 11:24 PM.