Help with simple redstone thing! D:

So this is what I want.

Two sticky pistons, one at left side and one at right side so that there would be one empty block's space between them after both have had blocks added and in inactive state.

Simple thus far! But next bit is harder. How can I make them so that they are in active state, filling that one block's area passively and would pull back, revealing the one block's free space that would be a door when pressing activator like pressure plate/button (one time short duration activation)?

In basic, a closed "door" that would open with activation.

I've tried everything I can imagine and tried to look from Google but haven't found anything that would help and only can make it so that pistons are inactive, leaving the door open until walking upon the activator which would close it. (Not the effect I want! D
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make the input to the pistons turned on. You can do this like so:

|-[] \[]___

It goes: piston, with a redstone torch connected to a block with redstone on it and/or leading to it. The important part is that the redstone torch much be next to the piston. If you have two pistons stacked, only put a redstone torch behind the top one, and it will power the piston below it, too, like so:

|-[] \[]
    |-[]

If you don't want either setup, make a drawing in Paint or something how you want the pistons to look. After that, we can tell you how to do the wiring.

Here's a pic from what I plan, hope it's clear enough and for clarifications, I can draw more. <.<

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Hi there Wilian,

The minecraft wiki is a pretty good source if you want to try to learn how redstone circuits work. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Redstone_Circuits

From what I understand of your post, you want a NOT Gate. As Warspite posted above, place a redstone torch directly behind each piston and then run your redstone wiring into the back of the block with the torch and to your pressure plate or button. These circuits reset VERY quickly after the button is pressed though so you may want to look at using a lever instead in an XOR Gate.

Now I can get the pistons into closed state but I can't seem to get the button to open them work at all. Seems like the bloody block won't get connected to the redwire line I made for it even though it looks correct according to the wiki link. :x

Blocks block wire connections going past them (but not through them)

So in the block above the torch, the block above the block the torch is attached to and the block above the square behind the block should all be empty. I'm not sure if i'm explaining this well or not....

I don't really understand but that's most likely my fault. I was always poor learner from text alone and needed something to grasp on to catch things. <.<

Anyhow, here's pic of my current situation.

Hey Wilian,

Your main problem here seems to be the position of the redstone torch.

Take out the wiring on the two blocks in front of you and place a block where you're standing, with a 1 block gap between the piston and the block you just placed.
    Place the redstone torch on the side of the block you just placed, in the empty space between it and the piston.
    Take out the wall behind you and extend the redstone wiring up on top of the block with the torch on it.

This is my poor attempt at a side view for you to work with :-)
    Last edited by Ashbot; 2012-05-21 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashuruk View Post
    Hey Wilian,

Your main problem here seems to be the position of the redstone torch.

Take out the wiring on the two blocks in front of you and place a block where you're standing, with a 1 block gap between the piston and the block you just placed.
    Place the redstone torch on the side of the block you just placed, in the empty space between it and the piston.
    Take out the wall behind you and extend the redstone wiring up on top of the block with the torch on it.

This is my poor attempt at a side view for you to work with :-)
    You have no idea how much I love you right now.

Happy to help. Working with redstone is pretty addictive; you might find yourself hooked soon.