10+ Year Old Account

What do I do with blue/magics?

I used to pick up white/greys, before realizing they were, literally, trash. In wow, I still pick up greys. An hour of farming nets me 300g in greys alone, which is worth it. Whites/Greys in D3 are, literally, worth less than nothing, since they clutter up my inventory.

That said, are blues/magics the new grey? I already have 2 alts just to hold all the yellow/rares. Since the AH only takes 10 at a time, I really can't get rid of them that way, unless I post them for like... 500g.

Should I be vendoring blues? Or Salvaging? Or Selling?
    Should I be vendoring yellows? Or Salvaging? Or Selling?

Of note, this is low level (20s-30s) at the moment. I have about 500 Subtle Essence and 150 Fallen Tooth.
    Last edited by chazus; 2012-05-23 at 07:31 AM.

Deleted
    I would say salvage blues and maybe any low level yellows you might have(below 35ish?).I tried selling a few yellows lvl 20ish in the AH for a reasonable price-below 5k-during the first week with no luck

I vendored most of my blues, unless I wanted them for an alt or they were exceptional pieces. If the stats on a yellow look decent* I'll save / auction it, otherwise they usually get salvaged.

If a yellow has str+dex+int+vit I assume it's too many wasted stats and salvage it .. useless its a weapon with high dps for its level.

You can salvage them if you like, but it's probably cheaper to vendor the blues and buy the mats you need from the AH. Also, you shouldn't be saving every yellow that drops - many of them have terrible itemisation (due to the randomness of the item's stat generation), so they will not likely sell very well on the AH - either they will not sell, or sell very cheap which takes up the auction slot of another item that might sell better/faster.

Generally, I look to AH items (mostly weapons) with a high amount of a primary stat, high dps for it's level, and a couple of other stats that are bonus (such as Vitality). Aside from that, I either keep the items to use on a different class when I level one, or just vendor the items so I can eventually grab something from the AH that is much better than anything that has dropped for me.

Deleted
    I used to salvage but the blacksmith is currently too expensive with very little reward so I vendor them, instead of spending 30k crafting 8 rare items and only getting poor optimization, I just buy one of the slot from the AH.

Think about what class you want to play next and keep some of the useful magic items. Keeping all magic items for all possible alts does not make sense though because by the time you finished your next alt you will have another ton of them. ;-)
    Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!