Deleted

Lightbulb Do you think that the partial criteria of achievements are going to be shared ..

.. are going to be shared in the shared achievements on the same account?

For example, the Warsong Gulch etc. reputation achievements are insanely long. Will they be shared?

On a side note, are they going to be realm based only or really account based (I guess that's more likely).

15+ Year Old Account
    All achievements completed will be shared on your Battlenet account. I dont think it will share if you only got part of an achievement - like Half of the queen achiement in icc.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    .. are going to be shared in the shared achievements on the same account?

For example, the Warsong Gulch etc. reputation achievements are insanely long. Will they be shared?

On a side note, are they going to be realm based only or really account based (I guess that's more likely).
    GC has already stated that partial achievements wouldn't be shared. So if you explore side A of Mulgore on one character, and then side B on another, you won't get the achievement.

However, he did say that really hard ones like the 250k kill achievement would be shared.

I don't think the Warsong Gulch reputation achievement is something that could be shared, technically speaking, but it would be nice to see what really hard/time consuming achievements will be account-only.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    in D3 shared achieves works and also achieve's are account bound so any toon that gets an achieve, it gets counted toward one account , your B-net account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewragg View Post
    in D3 shared achieves works and also achieve's are account bound so any toon that gets an achieve, it gets counted toward one account , your B-net account
    D3 got kinda zero to do with WoW

But Broloth is almost completely correct, they said that it depended on the achievement, and didnt put a definite NO on the shared meta-achievements if they were exceptionally hard.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

Quote Originally Posted by Melancolie View Post

But Broloth is almost completely correct, they said that it depended on the achievement, and didnt put a definite NO on the shared meta-achievements if they were exceptionally hard.
    He said that meta achievements would share credit. So if you had everything but Christmas achievements on A, and only the Christmas achievements on B, both would get Long Strange Trip.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    I don't think the Warsong Gulch reputation achievement is something that could be shared, technically speaking, but it would be nice to see what really hard/time consuming achievements will be account-only.
    It's easily shared technically. The number of the rep up to that point can be the same variable among all chars. In fact it would be simpler for them compared to now and it would save them memory.

edit: If it's a matter of those having one char on 80% and another on 20% it's only a matter of decision on the initial parsing of the system to establish the new way. e.g. they could drop the 20% and keep only the 80% or be generous and add them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    He said that meta achievements would share credit. So if you had everything but Christmas achievements on A, and only the Christmas achievements on B, both would get Long Strange Trip.
    This. Metas will share credit, but only for completed achievements. In other words, you can't do half the quests in (for example) Feralas on one character and half on another character and get the quests achievement for Feralas - but you could get the Feralas achievement on one character and the Needles achievement on another, and they'd both count toward the Loremaster of Kalimdor meta.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melancolie View Post
    Actually I think it is relevant. From the login screen to other aspects one can see that Diablo is the same engine with different skins. The art is completely different and the scripting but it appears the core technologies may be meshing, at least very partly.

Hence, it is very likely, to not say almost certain that the guys that develop the underlying achievement technologies - not the actual achievement stories (that's writers and other developers) - are the same guys on both.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if you did long strange trip but did a different holiday on each character?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helbereth View Post
    What if you did long strange trip but did a different holiday on each character?
    You'd get the meta if you got, say, Brewfest done on one char and Winterveil on another and Noblegarden on yet another. Question is mostly how far they need to be finished and if it is possible to get half of Brewfest done on one char and the rest on another char, and still get the Brewfest achie. That's the million dollar question right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Helbereth View Post
    You would then get the meta for it.

Lets say a meta has 5 diff achivs needed for it, you have 5 toons. If each toon did one each of the achivs needed for that meta, come the patch you would have the meta.

Deleted
    I believe achievements such as these ("Long strange..") are the reason they made them have account based mounts. Who would get the mount of the achievement otherwise? :)