Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Follower AI is rather...lacking. I avoid them since they always go poke a treasure goblin at the worst times.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Because life regen totally helps you not get one-shotted. Yeah, no.
    theres a spell rune that makes you take 35%maximum damage of your max health and theres a wizard passive that gives insane amount of hps so yea 1000 hp with 1000hps with each hit hitting you 35% of your maximum damage. so you will get hit then will be back to full hp again in less than a second O.O
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Level 6 for JC and BS I believe and because crafting is really, really shocking I feel BS is a complete waste of gold but on the bright side I don't need to do it for every character I make if I even make another, good list though as it had stuff I wasn't aware of so kudos and I wouldn't recommend buying AH gear until you're level 60 doing hell mode atleast because doing NM is pretty easy anyway and you will upgrade gear really fast so crafting/buying gear pre-60 makes no sense to me even though I've tried to craft out of curiosity and unless you have the luck of the gods I wouldn't recommend crafting shit period.

Followers are pretty bad but I'd recommend using the templar, combat wise he fails pretty bad but he has stuff including heals to save you and life regen is decent if you can kite, I'm using a barb at 47 or something and sometimes, when my health pot is on cd I have to be defensive and kite especially for bosses in NM etc so it does help.
    Last edited by Naoto; 2012-05-22 at 07:06 AM.

That's a really nice list there man. Another really simple thing that revolutionised my play early on was when I fiddled with the option and realised you can get it to show enemy HP bars above their heads. I forget the name but it's in the options menu. I think they don't appear until you actually hit them, but if you fire out a massive AOE and suddenly realise there's twice as many Fallen Imps back there in the shadows than you realised... so handy.

10+ Year Old Account
    cooldowns on abilities and pots

cookie cutter specs for Inferno

no auto-run

font size that is too small

Deleted
    force armor

Because life regen totally helps you not get one-shotted. Yeah, no.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't agree more about the Blacksmithing/JC. I'm lvl 8 with BS'ing and I would much rather have my nightmare cow lvl staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    I used to salvage items, but I found that I could buy the Blacksmithing materials cheap off of the Auction House. Why salvage a 200 gold item, when you can buy a fallen tooth off of the Auction House for 50 gold?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    That 200g is better than the worthless items you can pay to make at the blacksmith.

The only reason you should think about using the blacksmith is if you have a good recipe for level 60 gear.
    really? seems better then. i have over 700 of each lvl1-4 essences. over 200 fallen tooth, a little above 100 lizard eyes and about 150 hoofs.
    i thought i could save them till i start a new char and use them to craft

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    The answer to hotswapping is to open up your skill page and run around like a crazy person while you're swapping!
    this! i often managed to do this with lots of rare packs.. granted im always running around anyway.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meldora View Post
    Thirty to Fifty thousand gold is all it costs to deck your character out in moderate gear.
    Someone doesn't play a barbarian. Anything worth buying that "moderate" is min 50k

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reyareya View Post
    really? seems better then. i have over 700 of each lvl1-4 essences. over 200 fallen tooth, a little above 100 lizard eyes and about 150 hoofs.
    i thought i could save them till i start a new char and use them to craft
    I agree, salvaging the mats is much better, why sell a blue for 200g when it takes about 3 seconds to get 200g when you kill a few mobs? i salvage everything even though I hate the gold cost when crafting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    this! i often managed to do this with lots of rare packs.. granted im always running around anyway.
    This... though... I'm pretty sure I saw a passive in my monks' future available powers that gives + spirit gained if different types of basic attacks were used. How do I efficiently do that if there's no proper macro, hotswap or other ability? Forgo all my other abilities in elective mode and key all my basic attacks to 1-4?

Quote Originally Posted by meldora View Post
    Vendor your Magic Items, don’t salvage them.
    One exception to this. If you've popped a gem into a socket, it'll cost you 200g and up to get it back out. Not a big deal for level 1 gems, but for level 5+ gems you may not want to lose that gem by selling it. Salvaging the item will return the gem to you. Again, sometimes better, sometimes not.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    This is going to sound like a dumb question, but is there anyway to "hotswap" skills ala Diablo 2?

Would address the skill problem for me, thanks.
    Even if you could, swapping skills triggers a cooldown. Basically you only get 6 hotkeys, which are by default organised into categories but you can turn that off with elective mode.

Furthermore, swapping skills cancels your Nephalem Valor buff in higher difficulties. Blizzard wants you to pick a "build" of 6 abilities and play with that. You can change builds between runs - or mid run if you don't care about the NV buff - but you are not supposed to be able to use every skill/rune combo you have at the press of a button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    theres a spell rune that makes you take 35%maximum damage of your max health and theres a wizard passive that gives insane amount of hps so yea 1000 hp with 1000hps with each hit hitting you 35% of your maximum damage. so you will get hit then will be back to full hp again in less than a second O.O
    Hes right btw.

Why hating on rapid fire?

because life regen totally helps you not get one-shotted. Yeah, no.
    CAN'T GET ONE SHOT AS A WlZARD, BRO!
    Last edited by Boogums; 2012-05-22 at 08:08 AM.

Leveling artisans is definitely the best thing you can do with your first character just to get it out of the way and then they'll be there forever for your alts. There's also the fact that like the last 6 tiers of gems don't drop in the world and you NEED the Jewelcrafter leveled to make them. Buying gear off the AH is a waste of gold when it's replaced in a matter of hours. Everything else on the list was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    CAN'T GET ONE SHOT AS A WlZARD, BRO!
    You can when 4 champions hit you simultaneously. Which, yes, can happen. Like "jailer/arcane" or "teleport/fast" or "desecration/molten".

You can get hit 3 times (3x35% is 105%, btw, so you're dead after 3 big hits even with that passive, which is less hits than you'd die in if you had some stamina most likely) in less than a second by lots of different champ packs.

So, yeah. You can't get "one-shotted", but you can sure get "three-in-one-shotted" easily.

That doesn't matter when you're freezing them for 3 seconds every gcd...